OT: Post your Projected Canadian Olympic Roster

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the selections.

I find it funny how some people think they can create a better hockey roster than the likes of Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, Claude Julien, Lindy Ruff, Steve Yzerman, Doug Armstrong, Peter Chiarelli, Ken Holland, and Kevin Lowe.

True - Kevin Lowe knows about winning!

Maybe we should just lock this thread since these guys have all the answers? :sarcasm:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Based on the selection, my lines would be:

Tavares Crosby Stamkos
Sharp Toews Carter
Duchene Getzlaf Perry
Benn Bergeron Marleau

Nash, Kunitz (not sure why we need two extra left wingers)

Keith Doughty
Vlasic Weber
Pieterangelo Subban

Hamuis, Boumeester (not in love with third pairing, but don't like J-bow either)

I think I prefer Loungo a bit over Price, but think it'll be the latter in net.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Nash and Carter over Giroux, St Louis, Couture, Thornton, E Staal...don't know about those picks.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
St. Louis is a tough omission. I like the inclusion of Carter. It's not that Kunitz isn't deserving, it's just tough to see him there and Marty not.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
St. Louis is a tough omission. I like the inclusion of Carter. It's not that Kunitz isn't deserving, it's just tough to see him there and Marty not.

I am totally ok with St. Louis not being on the Team, there are better current players. Those players aren't Nash or Kunitz.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
You realize you just did the exact same thing right?

No I haven't. There's a difference between listening to an authortive figure based solely on authority and listening to someone with a proven track record. It's assinine to suggest a random internet poster with no track record knows as much about creating a winning hockey team as someone who has created a successful winning hockey team in the past.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
No I haven't. There's a difference between listening to an authortive figure based solely on authority and listening to someone with a proven track record.

You are quite wrong. That's not an argument for why someone else is incorrect. Appealing to past successes is not an argument for someone being correct now.

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Really glad I got a chance to listen to the Minister of Transport Lisa Raitt, speak. Was the highlight for me.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Apparently Logan Couture needs surgery on his hand and is out 3-4 weeks. Maybe this had something to do with him being left off the roster?

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Kunitz? Marleau? Carter? Nash?

No St Louis or Neal?

Couture is not there because he is having surgery and probably will be unable to play.

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Apparently Logan Couture needs surgery on his hand and is out 3-4 weeks. Maybe this had something to do with him being left off the roster?

I thought I heard the TSN panel say he was left off, regardless of his injury.. I could be wrong though..

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like the selections.

I find it funny how some people think they can create a better hockey roster than the likes of Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, Claude Julien, Lindy Ruff, Steve Yzerman, Doug Armstrong, Peter Chiarelli, Ken Holland, and Kevin Lowe.

You had me up until the bolded ;):p:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought I heard the TSN panel say he was left off, regardless of his injury.. I could be wrong though..

Injury wouldn't be the reason. Final roster doesn't have to be declared until 2 hours before the first game, so any injured guys would have been named regardless today, like Luongo and Stamkos were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad