Duchene, Thornton

Keith - Letang
Subban - Pietrangelo
Weber - Doughty
Vlasic - Boyle

Price
Luongo
Bernier​

Agreed minus Hall and Letang. Hall isn't anywhere near the top 15 forwards in Canada. Letang is no where near this team either. He's also still out with an injury. Bowmeester also needs to be on the team.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Agreed minus Hall and Letang. Hall isn't anywhere near the top 15 forwards in Canada. Letang is no where near this team either. He's also still out with an injury. Bowmeester also needs to be on the team.

Letang played yesterday. He absolutely should be on the team.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Stamkos - Crosby - St. Louis
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
Duchene- Toews - Giroux
Marleau - Bergeron - Couture
Benn, Thornton

Keith - Doughty
Subban - Pietrangelo
Vlasic - Weber
Campbell, Hamhuis

Price
Luongo
Reimer​

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Letang played yesterday. He absolutely should be on the team.

Sorry I haven't watched yesterday's game yet (was watching a Downton Abbey marathon yesterday and worked). No he shouldn't. His game is defensively weak and goes on really long dry spells offensively. And I'm a Pens fan. From watching the Team Canada thing on CBC, they want chemistry and I think Pietroangelo and JBow need to be on the team together.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Sorry I haven't watched yesterday's game yet (was watching a Downton Abbey marathon yesterday and worked). No he shouldn't. His game is defensively weak and goes on really long dry spells offensively. And I'm a Pens fan. From watching the Team Canada thing on CBC, they want chemistry and I think Pietroangelo and JBow need to be on the team together.

Pietroangelo needs to be on the team, JBo not so much. Every partner Pietro has played with looks great. JBo is a great skater who brings nothing special to the table either offensively or defensively (relative to other options available)

JBo will be on the team tho so no worries :)

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

I've watched most of the games Letang has played in the NHL. He's is elite 5on5. He's not bad defensively.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Stamkos - Crosby - Tavares
Sharp- Toews - Giroux
Couture- Getzlaf - Perry
Duchene - Bergeron - Benn
Carter, St. Louis

Keith - Weber
Subban - Pietrangelo
Vlasic - Doughty
Subban, Seabrook

Price
Luongo
Smith

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I left him off because off injuries and he bugs me for some reason

I'm allowed to be biased

You probably haven't seen this then:
5.jpg

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I've watched most of the games Letang has played in the NHL. He's is elite 5on5. He's not bad defensively.

So have I. He's not an elite defenseman. He wasn't even the Penguins best dman when they won the cup. He's also not currently their best dman either. That title belongs to Martin.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Couture - Crosby - Stamkos -->Couture balances the line out with his two-way game
Hall-Getzlaf-Perry--> Hall adds much needed speed to a line consisting of two average skaters.

Sharpe-Toews-Giroux/Tavaras

Duchene - Bergeron - St Louis

Staal, Giroux/Tavaras

Keith Doughty

Weber Peterangelo

Boumeister Vlasic

Subban, Hamuis

Price, Loungo, Holtby

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
So have I. He's not an elite defenseman. He wasn't even the Penguins best dman when they won the cup. He's also not currently their best dman either. That title belongs to Martin.

I disagree completely on Letang. Let's just leave it there.

Duir

I decided to make a team of 'others', the ones who will not make the team. This is a fun group of a 2nd Team Canada. There is so much chat about who will make the main team and who would be left off, and that there are so many good players available. Here is my squad, assuming TSN projections are right:

Neal - Seguin - RNH
Ladd - Spezza - Carter
Huderdeau - E. Staal - Marleau
Marchand - M. Richards - C. Stewart
Hall
Kunitz

Letang - Seabrook
Hamonic - Girardi
Methot - Giordano
Gudbranson
Murray

Crawford
Holtby
Mason

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Couture - Crosby - Stamkos -->Couture balances the line out with his two-way game
Hall-Getzlaf-Perry--> Hall adds much needed speed to a line consisting of two average skaters.

Sharpe-Toews-Giroux/Tavaras

Duchene - Bergeron - St Louis

Staal, Giroux/Tavaras

Keith Doughty

Weber Peterangelo

Boumeister Vlasic

Subban, Hamuis

Price, Loungo, Holtby

Hamhuis making the team would be amazing. The guy has been a monster for the Canucks on D. Finally gave me an excuse to where my Hamhuis jersey that I got in April. Yes I'm a Canucks fan again. Shoot me.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I heard an interview with Martin Biron a whiel back. In his opinion Smith should be the starting goaltender. Something about his style of play and positioning being better to adapt to the larger ice survice. Wouldn't have to change his style where as the other goalers would.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I heard an interview with Martin Biron a whiel back. In his opinion Smith should be the starting goaltender. Something about his style of play and positioning being better to adapt to the larger ice survice. Wouldn't have to change his style where as the other goalers would.

Ugh no. He's the most hot and cold goalie in the league. He's currently cold.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Tavares - Crosby - Stamkos
Nash - Toews - Giroux
Staal - Getzlaf - Perry
Couture - Bergeron - St. Louis
Thornton
Sharp

Doughty - Weber
Keith - Seabrook
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Boyle
Hamhuis

Price
Luongo
Smith

I think I am perhaps playing it 'safe' with guys like Nash, Thornton, Staal, Seabrook, maybe, while I have a hunch they may be on the team, I also have a hunch they won't be, so I am really looking forward to seeing who makes it and who doesn't. I think guys like Duchene and Benn stand great chances, but then apart of me thinks it's just not their time yet. We'll see!

Last edited:

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I decided to make a team of 'others', the ones who will not make the team. This is a fun group of a 2nd Team Canada. There is so much chat about who will make the main team and who would be left off, and that there are so many good players available. Here is my squad, assuming TSN projections are right:

Neal - Seguin - RNH
Ladd - Spezza - Carter
Huderdeau - E. Staal - Marleau
Marchand - M. Richards - C. Stewart
Hall
Kunitz

Letang - Seabrook
Hamonic - Girardi
Methot - Giordano
Gudbranson
Murray

Crawford
Holtby
Mason

Haha

Man, That's still such a good team.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I'll take a shot, with the assumption Stamkos will not be healthy:

Tavares Crosby St.Louis
Duchene Getzlaf Perry
Couture Toews Sharp
Lucic Bergeron Giroux
Benn

Keith Doughty
Giordano Weber
JBo Pietrangelo
Vlasic Seabrook

Luongo
Price
Smith

I was torn about Benn or Seguin...

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I think I am perhaps playing it 'safe' with guys like Nash, Thornton, Staal, Seabrook, maybe, while I have a hunch they may be on the team, I also have a hunch they won't be, so I am really looking forward to seeing who makes it and who doesn't.

Nash is a lock IMO.

As for some of the others, in the case of guys like Seabrook, I think you should take him and pair him with Keith, who is obviously a lock, because he's a great player in his own right, and they have years of experience together. Like putting Getz and Perry on a line together. They just have a better gut feeling for where their linemates will be once that kind of chemistry is there. Use it. There aren't going to be a lot of olympic D pairings with 2 elite players like that, who also have years of experience as linemates. That's an Asset.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nash is a lock IMO.

As for some of the others, in the case of guys like Seabrook, I think you should take him and pair him with Keith, who is obviously a lock, because he's a great player in his own right, and they have years of experience together. Like putting Getz and Perry on a line together. They just have a better gut feeling for where their linemates will be once that kind of chemistry is there. Use it. There aren't going to be a lot of olympic D pairings with 2 elite players like that, who also have years of experience as linemates. That's an Asset.

Nash really shouldnt be a lock with how poorly he's been this year, in fact he shouldn't be on the team
There are many players who deserve it more.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: