OT: Post your Projected Canadian Olympic Roster

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Especially considering Couts is American

Couturier was born in Phoenix, Arizona,[1] while his father Sylvain Couturier played for the International Hockey League (IHL)'s Phoenix Roadrunners. Following his father's retirement, the family moved to Bathurst, New Brunswick,[2] where his father became General Manager of The Acadie-Bathurst Titan of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Couturier played his minor hockey in Bathurst and calls the city home.

International play

During his third QMJHL season, Couturier was invited to take part in the Canadian National Junior Team's selection camp in December 2010.[6] Couturier was named to the team for the 2011 World Junior Championships, held in Buffalo, New York, as Canada's only NHL draft-eligible player

Source: Wikipedia

Duir

Especially considering Couts is American

Didn't he play for, or was asked to play on, team Canada in the juniors? Pretty sure he's Canadian...might be born in the States, but I think he's a canuck.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Couturier was born in Phoenix, Arizona,[1] while his father Sylvain Couturier played for the International Hockey League (IHL)'s Phoenix Roadrunners. Following his father's retirement, the family moved to Bathurst, New Brunswick,[2] where his father became General Manager of The Acadie-Bathurst Titan of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Couturier played his minor hockey in Bathurst and calls the city home.

International play

During his third QMJHL season, Couturier was invited to take part in the Canadian National Junior Team's selection camp in December 2010.[6] Couturier was named to the team for the 2011 World Junior Championships, held in Buffalo, New York, as Canada's only NHL draft-eligible player

Source: Wikipedia

I remember that now.

Not sure about dual citizenship. For some reason I think he has it.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I remember that now.

Not sure about dual citizenship. For some reason I think he has it.

Was interested, so dug up more info:

Although a dual-citizen, Couturier is a Canadian through-and-through, but has lived all over in places including Germany and was also a member of the storied Notre Dame Hounds midget AAA program in Wilcox, Saskatchewan, where his teammates included 2010 first-rounder Brandon Gormley.

Link: http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.ca/2010/10/weekend-qmjhl-roundup-couturier-paces.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad