Post-Wrestlemania 32 Thread: The cliff is that way.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I thought Styles/Jericho was their worst match of the series. It's quite clear that, while still a fantastic heel and fantastic on the mic, Jericho just can't hang with someone like Styles in the ring anymore and Styles slowed down more than ever for Jericho in this one.

Pretty much agree but I think you can still get two solid matches out of the program before it's put to bed. However, I understand the desire for it to be finished so AJ can get in the ring with someone like Dolph who can hang with him and put him over even if it doesn't elevate Styles much since Dolph is a jabroni these days.

They almost have to do two more because you can't do this 50-50 crap to finish this feud. Ideally, I would've had KO retain the title and move towards a one-on-one with Sami where KO retains dirty, loses the second, and loses the rematch. Then Sami moves onto some other NXT graduate. The IC title should essentially be the NXT main roster title.

But man, I really want to see a Styles-Neville program.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
So, is anyone else sick of nothing but suplexes from Lesnar yet? I've been complaining about that for awhile. The WWE of course tries to run with the whole suplex city thing and ruins it, like they normally do.

Last time I complained it seemed like people still enjoyed it.

I've always hated it. Brock in the ring is like the guy you play a wrestling video game against who only knows how to do one damn move and keeps doing it. Annoying

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For the like two people who called us a bunch of smarks for hating Roman and ignoring the "cheers" he got;

https://vid.me/uS4M

Evidence speaks for itself. Roman Reigns sucks, and it's not just us who thinks so.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
My friend and I both loved it. It's no Styles vs. Nakamura. But it was more than acceptable wrestling. I'll give it another watch sometime, but I had it at ***3/4. The crowd hurt the match because they were exhausted from the ladder match spots and were pretty quiet at the start of the match except for the initial Styles pop. By mid-match they were energized and back into it though. I think all of the Jericho/Styles matches have been good. Not great like WWE (or probably Jericho) were hoping. But good.

I have their Wrestlemania match at around a 3.25 to 3.5 stars.
It was all Styles though...
Because he called the match...
And then largely carried Jericho to the finish line.

Honestly...
The series between them should have been great...
Because both knew how to tell an in-ring story...
And they are no slouches in their technical abilities either.
Unfortunately...
Everyone underestimated just how much of a step Jericho has lost...
Or how much better Styles is.
That was why the first couple of matches between the two were awkward and clunky...
At best.

At this point...
Jericho...
Despite his great career...
And vast knowledge...
Is a lot more limited now.
He can still put up a good match...
But he needs to do it with a slower opponent...
Or allow the other guy to take the lead.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Just watched the Jericho/Styles match again....no reason it should have gone past the Sytles Clash. It was the perfect point to end it. Then....the springboard off the top rope could have even ended it.

Makes no fing sense to have Jericho win that match. None.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just watched the Jericho/Styles match again....no reason it should have gone past the Sytles Clash. It was the perfect point to end it. Then....the springboard off the top rope could have even ended it.

Teasing the move twice and having Jericho kick out when it finally happened was hot garbage.

This show is why we need a podcast. there is just so much going on its hard to keep it all straight.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

While I like What Culture Wrestling and usually get a kick out of their Youtube videos, I had a problem with one part:

What WWE fail to understand is that the majority of their audience are wrestling fans who are forced to watch WWE because it is the most accessible, and in truth, the only game in town.

No is forcing anyone to watch the WWE. If you truly don't like it, save yourself the heartache, and don't watch it. Yes, there are no true high-quality alternatives, but there has to be a breaking point.

Tuning in week after week and staying subscribed to the WWE Network (or buying every PPV) is all they seem to care about at this point.

To quote V1 from OSW Review 40: "We're gonna take your money, and you're getting ****ing nothing for it."

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
While I like What Culture Wrestling and usually get a kick out of their Youtube videos, I had a problem with one part:

No is forcing anyone to watch the WWE. If you truly don't like it, save yourself the heartache, and don't watch it. Yes, there are no true high-quality alternatives, but there has to be a breaking point.

Tuning in week after week and staying subscribed to the WWE Network (or buying every PPV) is all they seem to care about at this point.

To quote V1 from OSW Review 40: "We're gonna take your money, and you're getting ****ing nothing for it."
Some people love wrestling (IE: me).

When TNA was great... I had an alternative. I'm talking Christian Coalition or right before Hulk Hogan came (the two-three PPVs right before Hogan were incredible).

I don't know. You've got indy feds like Ring of Honor (which isn't as good as it used to be), Evolve, Shimmer, and even NJPW... but it's not easy to watch. Lucha Underground is another that's great, but it's not easy to watch.

Sometimes you have to put up with crap if it's something you love. It's no different than sports. I've gone through some pretty crappy years for my teams but I still follow them as much as possible.

S A W F T*

NAKAMURA and CM PUNK chants during main event... just heard them on my rewatch. What a classic WM main event!!!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Kind of off-topic, but I had no idea Sasha actually sings her own theme song.

I forget if it was on Breaking Ground or just a random YouTube video, but I vaguely recall a video with Bayley and Carmella where both are singing along to various WWE themes. Eventually Bayley mentions that Sasha sings her own theme to Carmella's surprise too.

It doesn't even sound like Sasha wtf lol. And that girl singing yesterday was turrible.

Autotune!

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario

Vince getting mad I've been calling him "Jobicho" and teaching me a lesson.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
also, the IC Match should have just been Owens vs Zayn. That would have probably been MOTN

and is anyone else getting tired of the wooden ladder spot?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
12920354_10153927822871208_2445062693081038868_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad