Post-Wrestlemania 32 Thread: The cliff is that way.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
<Rant>
Welp....that happened...

Ladder Match: Owens should have obviously won, runner up would be Zayn. What purpose does Ryder winning do. Nothing. Why does he deserve a WM moment exactly??
AJ/Jericho: I get that now its tied 2/2 but AJ should have won, this feud should have ended why drag it on to Extreme Rules or Payback. Have AJ go over on the big stage.
New Day/LON : Don't even get me started. This p***** me off the most. Could have still had the legends run in with New Day winning and then LON attacks them after the match. Why turn New Day face only to lose to the jobbers they've already beat multiple times.
Brock/Dean: Actually wasn't bad but didn't live up to its hype. The match was also only like 12 minutes.
Womens Championship: Probably the only thing good done this whole night. The match felt big and I really enjoyed it. Heel winning with heel tactics, can't complain. I'm a Charlotte fan too. However if they go on to give Sasha the belt at some B or C PPV it will be awful. WM is where you make stars, Sasha can chase for the title now but have her win it a SummerSlam not some lame PPV. I'd have Sasha win it a SS then lose it a Maia next yeari to Bayley.
Taker/Shane: Pretty lame, some okay spots and the top of the cell was an awesome spot. Taker can't really go anymore.
Battle Royal: Loved that Corbin won it. I thought Kane was going to win it
Rock Segment: Wyatt burial continues. So much for that big summer push. **** you WWE
Triple H/Roman: Boring, obvious outcome was obvious. No heel turn. What are you doing WWE.

WM 32 ladies and gentleman. Womans match was the match of the night and was actually really awesome. Only take away from last night

</Rant>

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No clue why Jericho and Lesnar won. Makes no sense. Aside from the bookings though, I was thoroughly entertained by the matches themselves. Women's match was way better than I thought it would be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No clue why Jericho and Lesnar won. Makes no sense. Aside from the bookings though, I was thoroughly entertained by the matches themselves. Women's match was way better than I thought it would be.

How does Lesnar winning make no sense?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brock winning makes sense. The match didn't make sense. It should of been booked as more of a war and Dean needed to get actual offense in.

Brock winning is not the problem.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Was Alverez the one that said it was around 86K in sales?

With bodies that is still their record. Beats 29 and Summerslam 92.

He assumed 85k based on the looks of the arena and initial stage designs. They added standing room at the highest level they could of the stadium.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Out of both shows, Takeover and Wrestlemania. Only one person looked like a LEGIT star in this company.

And it was Nakamura. Just everything about him screams superstar. This a man that has to be heavily considered ending Mania as champ.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Out of both shows, Takeover and Wrestlemania. Only one person looked like a LEGIT star in this company.

And it was Nakamura. Just everything about him screams superstar. This a man that has to be heavily considered ending Mania as champ.

I've stated before
Sami Zayn
MOTY with Nakamura
His spots in the ladder match

This is the guy who should be the top baby face of the company right now

When Nakamura gets the call up
They immediately have history because of Takeover and you can hotshot Nakamura to the top because of it

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
For all superstardom Nakamura has, he's 36 already, so I'd say the quicker he gets to the main roster (and then to the WWE WHC), the better. When was the last time the company got a surefire WM main even caliber star?

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
Don't want to see Nakamura get called up. He's going to go from "King of Strong Style" to "King of Make Reigns Look Strong Style" over night.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It's kinda funny, my cousin (who doesn't watch on a regular basis) texted me yesterday "Looks like Wrestlemania was awesome".

I suppose that just drove home the thought that Vince knows the die hards will watch regardless but they'd rather get the attention of everybody else.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
After having a couple of days to stew on this it really feels like WWE went far out of their way to purposefully make this a bummer Mania

All of the winners were the wrong choice, it was either a dumb swerve, a heel winning over a popular figure, or a baby face nobody can get behind being given the push of pushes

The only winners I could get behind were Taker because I'm not ready to see him leave just yet, and Charlotte because she's awesome

But then you realize, "so Shane lost, so nothing changes", very lame

I wanted to see Sasha win the Women's match, but there's definitely still plenty they can do with that division

The biggest problem with this WM is that there was no Wrestlemania moment

What was the highlight? Shane off the cage? The Rock? HBK, Foley, and Austin? (not gonna lie, I loved it, my three favorites of all time) Reigns winning the title? (lol)

To me, the highlight of the night was probably Charlotte's moonsault off the top rope, which is a neat moment, but this is friggin Wrestlemania

This even just wasn't memorable, and for the biggest show of the year, that's absolutely unacceptable

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
After having a couple of days to stew on this it really feels like WWE went far out of their way to purposefully make this a bummer Mania

All of the winners were the wrong choice, it was either a dumb swerve, a heel winning over a popular figure, or a baby face nobody can get behind being given the push of pushes

The only winners I could get behind were Taker because I'm not ready to see him leave just yet, and Charlotte because she's awesome

But then you realize, "so Shane lost, so nothing changes", very lame

I wanted to see Sasha win the Women's match, but there's definitely still plenty they can do with that division

The biggest problem with this WM is that there was no Wrestlemania moment

What was the highlight? Shane off the cage? The Rock? HBK, Foley, and Austin? (not gonna lie, I loved it, my three favorites of all time) Reigns winning the title? (lol)

To me, the highlight of the night was probably Charlotte's moonsault off the top rope, which is a neat moment, but this is friggin Wrestlemania

This even just wasn't memorable, and for the biggest show of the year, that's absolutely unacceptable

hHfKSS5.jpg

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I was at Wrestlemania this weekend and to be honest I quite enjoyed it.

The Main Event dragged and we got the crap finish we all knew was coming. But aside from that I didn't really hate anything else on the show. Doesn't mean everything was perfect, but certainly doesn't deserve the hate people have given it.

I enjoyed the Taker-Shane match and felt it told a good story. It was what you'd expect from those two at this stage of their careers/lives.

Lesnar/Ambrose felt like it was missing something, but on the whole wasn't bad.

The New Day match was flat, and the legends coming out felt forced, but still good for a pop.

The Battle Royal was a piss break, but also a decent way to introduce Corbin to the main roster.

The Rock segment was cool. I enjoyed it.

Styles/Jericho had a good match and I enjoyed it.

The ladder match was solid, though I didn't care for the winner. Somewhat rectified on Raw except I don't care for Miz either. At least he has a bit more credibility though.

The Women's championship match was probably the best of match of the night. Hated the finish with Flair's interference, but overall it was a solid match.

I think people sometimes complain just to complain.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
http://rajah.com/node/51484

- While WWE is advertising that WrestleMania 32 drew 101,763 fans to the AT&T Stadium in Texas, it turns out the actual number may be slightly lower. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reports that the actual attendance was just under 94,000 fans, for a $17 million gate.

You LIED to us, Rock! :rant: :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
http://rajah.com/node/51484

- While WWE is advertising that WrestleMania 32 drew 101,763 fans to the AT&T Stadium in Texas, it turns out the actual number may be slightly lower. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reports that the actual attendance was just under 94,000 fans, for a $17 million gate.

You LIED to us, Rock! :rant: :laugh:

He would've been vague enough to be truthful if he never said 100,000 strong. lol

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's certainly possible that they sold 101k tickets, and 7,000 or so didn't show up......but that seems like a high number of no-shows for Wrestlemania.

Maybe some of the early buyers were scalping/pawning off their tickets, once all the injuries started piling up. :dunno:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's certainly possible that they sold 101k tickets, and 7,000 or so didn't show up......but that seems like a high number of no-shows for Wrestlemania.

Maybe some of the early buyers were scalping/pawning off their tickets, once all the injuries started piling up. :dunno:
There were 93,730 tickets for the show.

It was a total sellout, every single ticket put on sale was sold. (Don't know how many comps there were, but the $17m gate shattered the old record. It wasn't a papered event or anything)

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I was at Wrestlemania this weekend and to be honest I quite enjoyed it.

The Main Event dragged and we got the crap finish we all knew was coming. But aside from that I didn't really hate anything else on the show. Doesn't mean everything was perfect, but certainly doesn't deserve the hate people have given it.

I enjoyed the Taker-Shane match and felt it told a good story. It was what you'd expect from those two at this stage of their careers/lives.

Lesnar/Ambrose felt like it was missing something, but on the whole wasn't bad.

The New Day match was flat, and the legends coming out felt forced, but still good for a pop.

The Battle Royal was a piss break, but also a decent way to introduce Corbin to the main roster.

The Rock segment was cool. I enjoyed it.

Styles/Jericho had a good match and I enjoyed it.

The ladder match was solid, though I didn't care for the winner. Somewhat rectified on Raw except I don't care for Miz either. At least he has a bit more credibility though.

The Women's championship match was probably the best of match of the night. Hated the finish with Flair's interference, but overall it was a solid match.

I think people sometimes complain just to complain.

Of the people who actually went I've heard they've all pretty much enjoyed themselves and had a good time

From pretty much everyone who watched it at home or something, I've heard (and agree) it's up there for being a really awful WM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad