Post-Wrestlemania 32 Thread: The cliff is that way.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The sad thing is last night was WWE's biggest gate all-time smashing the last one by over $5 million dollars. So in Vince's head he was justified all along and forever Reigns can say he was the biggest draw in WWE.

Well, that's what happens when you jack up ticket prices and increase the venue capacity from 75,000 to 100,000 :sarcasm:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm reading all the reports online of how WWE monkey'd with crowd reactions and specifically the crowd's reaction to Reigns last night. Sounds like the effort was on the same level as the 9/11 theory of holograms hitting the buildings. They had audience cues, they piped crowd reactions into the building, they turned Reigns music up to a deafening level until they went off the air and they heavily doctored it live and then went back and edited it right after.

...Jesus Christ WWE :facepalm:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Part of me wonders what landscape would be if (i can't remember who suggested it) they outright left the belt on Lesnar up until now. Build him as the most destructive force to ever exist in Wrestling by letting him hold on to the strap from when he won at Summerslam. Imagine the star you could create that. Hell, have Brock run everybody over on the way there and settle on a guy to be the one. Would that be any worse than what we got in the year since he lost the title to Rollins?

I would still do the Rollins cash-in the same way at WM31 and pin Reigns, but have Lesnar regain the title at Battleground before The Undertaker returned and set that program up again.

The sad thing is last night was WWE's biggest gate all-time smashing the last one by over $5 million dollars. So in Vince's head he was justified all along and forever Reigns can say he was the biggest draw in WWE.

Probably right but it's funny because in a video package they aired, John Cena literally said Wrestlemania itself is a brand and people are attracted to it. People will buy tickets for Wrestlemania no matter what.

Well, that's what happens when you jack up ticket prices and increase the venue capacity from 75,000 to 100,000 :sarcasm:

They legitimately sold 94k tickets according to Meltzer. So it still broke the kayfabe record, but didn't hit six digits.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
It's embarrassing.

So sad that they can't admit they are wrong about what people want, so they heavily edit reactions to try and re-assure themselves that they are right.

---------------------

edit: what was with the announce team talking about not knowing if Cena was cleared, he did an interview on the Saturday saying he was cleared. That was just another thing that made no sense at all.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You've got to be kidding? Holy jesus

They had a New Day song up there that they wanted fans to sing, they had "Woooo!" up there for some reason even though Charlotte is a heel and they had a suplex counter among other things from what I've read.

Meltzer doesn't know why Corbin was given the spot in the battle royal instead of Samoa Joe who's ready to main event right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They had a New Day song up there that they wanted fans to sing, they had "Woooo!" up there for some reason even though Charlotte is a heel and they had a suplex counter among other things from what I've read.

Meltzer doesn't know why Corbin was given the spot in the battle royal instead of Samoa Joe who's ready to main event right now.

Ugh. Also 100% agree with Dave.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I may be in the minority, but I find Zack Ryder winning the IC title to be amazing. The biggest complaint from fans lately has been the WWE is boring or too predictable, so what happens when a jobber comes out of nowhere to win? You guys crap on it. If Owens had won you would be complaining it was a boring snooze fest anyway so why not Ryder. In a way it reminds me of Barry Horowitz in jobber mode beating the Bodydonnas back in the day. It came out of nowhere and shocked a lot of people. I hope Ryder keeps the title for a while, he could get a massive push portraying the nobody that pulled off the upset. As far as Owens and Zayn go they still have their fued going and both can build off that for better things.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
People are crapping on Ryder winning? I think that match and the women's match were really the only two awesome things from Mania.

I think people are concerned about the future of the win is. And personally I think he only won last night because of the new Snickers' commercial that just came out with him. But overall I thought it was cool.

S A W F T*

I only saw a handful of people complaining about Ryder winning... I was just "MEH, OK" about it... I think most here didn't mind it.. knowing full well he's probably dropping it tonight - most likely leading to KO recapturing it and having a singles match against Zayn at Payback.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I may be in the minority, but I find Zack Ryder winning the IC title to be amazing. The biggest complaint from fans lately has been the WWE is boring or too predictable, so what happens when a jobber comes out of nowhere to win? You guys crap on it. If Owens had won you would be complaining it was a boring snooze fest anyway so why not Ryder. In a way it reminds me of Barry Horowitz in jobber mode beating the Bodydonnas back in the day. It came out of nowhere and shocked a lot of people. I hope Ryder keeps the title for a while, he could get a massive push portraying the nobody that pulled off the upset. As far as Owens and Zayn go they still have their fued going and both can build off that for better things.

You don't do unpredictable for the sake of it being unpredictable. You do unpredictable when you've set up the story to have many different options in which to go with that all make sense. The biggest complaint centers around stories not being interesting and a lot of that is because it makes little to no sense. Predictability is merely part of that issue.

Ryder shouldn't keep the title past tonight, much less a while. There is no sense in having KO lose to Ryder to keep a run going that is way, way, way past relevance. Ryder has been a good soldier but his entertaining days are long gone as he is. Plus, the IC title gets put in the toilet with Ryder holding it. Him having a real run with it only further puts that strap into the toilet. The title should gain real prestige by having Zayn and KO fight over it. Then when that concludes putting the likes of AJ Styles, Shinsuke, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, or a host of other great talents having great matches in great programs in there elevates the title instead of degrading it. WWE is not going to put ANY thought into what happens with Ryder and how he loses it so that he gets anything out of it or the title gets any more importance. There's really nowhere good to go with Ryder holding the title.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I only saw a handful of people complaining about Ryder winning... I was just "MEH, OK" about it... I think most here didn't mind it.. knowing full well he's probably dropping it tonight - most likely leading to KO recapturing it and having a singles match against Zayn at Payback.

If KO wins it back tonight and you try to set up Zayn at Payback, you have to then have a rematch with Ryder somewhere in between. That many title matches on free TV with Ryder is just lame and precisely why Ryder shouldn't have won because now he would lose twice on free TV and show himself to be a fluke. That's embarrassing even if he gets an awesome moment.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I wonder how pissed HHH was last night. I assume the guy has a ton of pride and wants to put on a good show, you could just see it in his face the entire match that he knew it was just a terrible match.

Actually, just to be a fly on the wall now in the WWE after their biggest event. Do people there think they did well? Or are they completely disappointed?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've read people claim that outcome was ok because the IC belt is already in the toilet and beneath Sami and KO.

Well first they both just lost that apparently **** belt so how does that make them look?

Plus why is it acceptable thinking that the "belts are ****" there for who cares? Why not elevate the belts?

Not everyone can main event at once so build star and elevate your mid card. It's not like KO is going to feud with Roman for the strap starting tonight.

So instead of a KO/Sami feud for the IC belt we have a title less feud for them. How are they better served from that? And these are your future stars. Not Zach.

Also the AJ result was garbage. Is Jerhico even around tonight? Doesn't he go back on tour soon?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wonder how pissed HHH was last night. I assume the guy has a ton of pride and wants to put on a good show, you could just see it in his face the entire match that he knew it was just a terrible match.

Actually, just to be a fly on the wall now in the WWE after their biggest event. Do people there think they did well? Or are they completely disappointed?

I mean what should they expect? Did they give the fans one result that they wanted? I honestly don't think they did.

No one match ended in a fan friendly way.

S A W F T*

Lol Rexy mentioned the same thing. Hhh just looked ****ing annoyed the whole time.

I had to chime in that I bet Vince would have made Stephanie take that bump even if she was IRL pregnant if it meant Reigns would be over.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lol Rexy mentioned the same thing. Hhh just looked ****ing annoyed the whole time.

I had to chime in that I bet Vince would have made Stephanie take that bump even if she was IRL pregnant if it meant Reigns would be over.

God isn't that a sad state that the only time they could get Roman cheered was spearing a woman, and that only lasted for about a minute tops.

There was definitely something fishy about his "pop" when he won. Considering how hostle the crowd was towards him all night plus the boos continued as he celebrated.

No way that cheer was real.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

He should be used to it. When Triple H closes Wrestlemania with a one-on-one match, it's usually not a good one. The only exception to that would be the Cena match at WM22.

Except, this one with Reigns was the absolute worst match he's been apart of in the WM closing and it isn't even close.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I've read people claim that outcome was ok because the IC belt is already in the toilet and beneath Sami and KO.

Well first they both just lost that apparently **** belt so how does that make them look?

Plus why is it acceptable thinking that the "belts are ****" there for who cares? Why not elevate the belts?

Not everyone can main event at once so build star and elevate your mid card. It's not like KO is going to feud with Roman for the strap starting tonight.

So instead of a KO/Sami feud for the IC belt we have a title less feud for them. How are they better served from that? And these are your future stars. Not Zach.

Also the AJ result was garbage. Is Jerhico even around tonight? Doesn't he go back on tour soon?

I find that claim to be bogus and hypocritical. If it's already in the toilet and KO has been involved with it for as long as he did, then he's not making it any better and he's not that good in the first place. That is not something I agree with. Once they got the title off of Ryback, it got better. From September until yesterday, that title was on either KO or Ambrose. It was better than it was when it was on Ryback and that was the entire point of DB winning it at 31. It was to get it off of the curtain jerkers and get it on guys that are either main event level or guys close to it. The guys make the title. It's always been that way. I don't know why people are trying to justify a Sami/KO feud away from the title when the title makes the feud better and the feud makes the title better.

As for AJ, it's not my first choice but if Jericho is going to be around to put over AJ at the next two PPV's, I can at least understand that even if I don't agree with it. That's the situation where you put AJ over and try to garner interest in him since he's a full timer and fresh. It would draw interest to the product going forward. But if it shines Jericho up a little bit and then AJ gets the rub the next two times, it makes sense since it would free AJ for Money in the Bank afterwards coming off a decisive feud win over Y2J. Winning the briefcase after that while keeping him away from someone else is probably a good idea since MitB would probably interrupt any other program.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How many times as Trips actually used the sledge, at Wrestlemania?

He didn't land any shots against Reigns, and I'm trying to remember whether or not he connected against Taker, a few years back. :dunno:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I mean what should they expect? Did they give the fans one result that they wanted? I honestly don't think they did.

No one match ended in a fan friendly way.

Nope, and WM is usually the one time a year you should really give the fans what they want, its like the payoff show. Also, unpredictability is dead in the WWE. Even in the full internet era I feel like they should still be able to be a little more unpredictable.

I mean I'm okay with fans not always getting what they want, it makes it better that way IMO. But also, you can't just keep ******** on the fans like this ALL the time, there needs to be give and take. Eventually those fans will leave you for a long time.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i need to rewatch. there were so many people at the house. couldnt hear the reactions that well, crowd chants or any of the promos.

(im blaming people but in fact i was just way too drunk)

i just remembered now about the rock bringing a flame thrower.
and ambrose chain saw... those were really wtf moments. i mean the whole show was, but that was just weird.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
He should be used to it. When Triple H closes Wrestlemania with a one-on-one match, it's usually not a good one. The only exception to that would be the Cena match at WM22.

Except, this one with Reigns was the absolute worst match he's been apart of in the WM closing and it isn't even close.

Yeah, definitely this though. So that has gotta hurt.

S A W F T*

i need to rewatch. there were so many people at the house. couldnt hear the reactions that well, crowd chants or any of the promos.

(im blaming people but in fact i was just way too drunk)

i just remembered now about the rock bringing a flame thrower.
and ambrose chain saw... those were really wtf moments. i mean the whole show was, but that was just weird.

Ambrose botched the chainsaw spot OR Balor used up all the gas on Friday. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad