Post-Wrestlemania 32 Thread: The cliff is that way.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's certainly possible that they sold 101k tickets, and 7,000 or so didn't show up......but that seems like a high number of no-shows for Wrestlemania.

Maybe some of the early buyers were scalping/pawning off their tickets, once all the injuries started piling up. :dunno:

They're probably counting literally everyone who was in the building.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I was at Wrestlemania this weekend and to be honest I quite enjoyed it.

I think people sometimes complain just to complain.

Being there live is totally different.

I was at 23 and it was a pile of garbage - still had a good time. Some people around here were at X8 and loved being there but on TV, it wasn't a great show. A lot of my friends went to 27 - one of the worst ever, they had a great time.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I said this earlier. Being there live is definitely different from watching on TV.

To some extent sure. And I do say that Michael Cole does a horrendous job of putting over any match he calls. But some of the vitriol spewed towards this Mania has been uncalled for.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That number is ~97k.

94k legit fans
97k fans + staff
101k fake number

Ya they did not sell 101K in tickets. I don't even think they sold 94K in tickets. I would bet they have a few thousand in comps in there. Still actual fan bodies in the arena 94K sounds realistic.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Being there live is totally different.

I was at 23 and it was a pile of garbage - still had a good time. Some people around here were at X8 and loved being there but on TV, it wasn't a great show. A lot of my friends went to 27 - one of the worst ever, they had a great time.

I was at 18 and really enjoyed it too.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I hold WM14 pretty dear because I was there, but I am under no illusion that it was the best Mania. In fact, I remember thinking at the show that it seemed like less of an event than even the WCW show in the same building in January (with Hogan-Sting in a cage when that was a huge deal). WM14 was odd in that there was nothing terrible, but nothing really great (because Austin and HBK were both hurt)

They really should stop holding Takeover right before PPVs. It's making the main roster PPV look far worse because of the fresh memory.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I remember other than the main events, I KNEW 23 was bad while I was there. :laugh:

Still had a great time though being in the crowd and making fun of the awfulness of the show with the people around me.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
To some extent sure. And I do say that Michael Cole does a horrendous job of putting over any match he calls. But some of the vitriol spewed towards this Mania has been uncalled for.

The very vast majority of people who watched at home seem to strongly disagree with you

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ya they did not sell 101K in tickets. I don't even think they sold 94K in tickets. I would bet they have a few thousand in comps in there. Still actual fan bodies in the arena 94K sounds realistic.
There are comps tickets in there for sure, there always is for any event. But they didn't have more than the expected amount, it wasn't papered or anything. They legit sold everything they put up for sale,

Sales were actually slower than expected initially, but they really picked up after the Shane announcement. As they got closer to the date, they were releasing more and more standing room only tickets and had a smaller stage. Even the tickets released on the day-of were sold out.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The very vast majority of people who watched at home seem to strongly disagree with you

That's nice.

There is a large contingent among the IWC that really doesn't know what they want. Even Daniel Bryan was being criticized days after he he went over at 30.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
How does Lesnar winning make no sense?

Brock winning makes sense. The match didn't make sense. It should of been booked as more of a war and Dean needed to get actual offense in.

Brock winning is not the problem.

That's sort of what I was getting at. But what does this win do for Brock?
(I didn't see Raw last night, so I have no clue what direction he's going in now).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Brock was obviously going to win, but the whole point of the match was to give Dean a slight chance with weapons. Dean was also built up as someone who wouldn't stay down and keep fighting. They never really showed or built up to this in the match itself

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brock was obviously going to win, but the whole point of the match was to give Dean a slight chance with weapons. Dean was also built up as someone who wouldn't stay down and keep fighting. They never really showed or built up to this in the match itself

Ya the point was to build Dean as the WWE's iron man. They failed horribly at that.

He should of kicked out of that F5 (they might of got cut for time, which sucks more because Rock's long segment blew).

This match needed a Bret/Austin finish badly. Dean's body needed to fail him. Not an easy pin. Just a disappointment of a match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ya the point was to build Dean as the WWE's iron man. They failed horribly at that.

He should of kicked out of that F5 (they might of got cut for time, which sucks more because Rock's long segment blew).

This match needed a Bret/Austin finish badly. Dean's body needed to fail him. Not an easy pin. Just a disappointment of a match.

If they got cut for time, that's not the match you cut.

Christ, they added an extra hour.

Which I think was a bad idea by the way, beyond the fact that nobody truly wanted to stay up until 12am for that match on the east coast. I mean, if you want a 5-hour show, there isn't a good reason you can't do it at 6pm. They extended their show by getting an entire hour on USA for a pre-show and had "seven hours of live content."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If they got cut for time, that's not the match you cut.

Christ, they added an extra hour.

Which I think was a bad idea by the way, beyond the fact that nobody truly wanted to stay up until 12am for that match on the east coast. I mean, if you want a 5-hour show, there isn't a good reason you can't do it at 6pm. They extended their show by getting an entire hour on USA for a pre-show and had "seven hours of live content."

Considering they were running for five hours, if they STILL had to cut anything for a match, someone should be fired for it. lol

And they didn't even really include a useless concert segment either. The music was either Snoop for Sasha or the traditional opening and that was it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah you don't cut down Dean/Brock, the two could have tore the roof off the place. I'm glad the Womens match got a lot of time. The Battle Royal should have been on the pre-show if you needed more time. It was kind of cool seeing Corbin get a WM moment tho, but still. Brock and Dean was only like 10 minutes

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah you don't cut down Dean/Brock, the two could have tore the roof off the place. I'm glad the Womens match got a lot of time. The Battle Royal should have been on the pre-show if you needed more time. It was kind of cool seeing Corbin get a WM moment tho, but still. Brock and Dean was only like 10 minutes

The Battle Royal in the spot it was in was fine and since it was only a ten minute match, it's difficult to cut that. You need that easy non-intense match after Shane-Taker and before the Rock and main event stuff. Shane-Taker going 30 minutes after having like an hour for Taker's entrance is where the time needed to be cut. The guys were having a tough go and nobody should've expected a fluid match but thirty minutes of slow pounding and one ridiculous spot is a bit much. I don't mind the slow pounding in a match when most other matches aren't like that but not that long and not when most of it was clunky.

If it wasn't for New Day's entrance, I'd think you'd relegate their match to the pre-show over the Battle Royal.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The Battle Royal in the spot it was in was fine and since it was only a ten minute match, it's difficult to cut that. You need that easy non-intense match after Shane-Taker and before the Rock and main event stuff. Shane-Taker going 30 minutes after having like an hour for Taker's entrance is where the time needed to be cut. The guys were having a tough go and nobody should've expected a fluid match but thirty minutes of slow pounding and one ridiculous spot is a bit much. I don't mind the slow pounding in a match when most other matches aren't like that but not that long and not when most of it was clunky.

If it wasn't for New Day's entrance, I'd think you'd relegate their match to the pre-show over the Battle Royal.

I wish it would have been for the tag titles, plus the hall of famers coming out too. They already had a two tag matches on the pre-show. No need for three. The tag champs should be on the main show. The match itself wasn't great but atleast Ru-Ru got another WM match rather then the battle royal jobber squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad