Blue Jays Discussion: Post-post-Deadline Edition: The pitchers on the farm are impressing (Zeuch No-hitter/Pearson to AAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Kendall Williams with another great outing today.

4IP, 2H, 1R, 0ER, 1BB, 4K

2019:
16IP, 6H. 4R. 2ER. 0HR, 7BB, 19K, 1.13ERA

The future is bright

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Since joining the Jays organization Hatch is a bit intriguing. He's a bit too old for AA but he has done very well and his command has been much improved. Currently he's pitched 4 innings and has 9 SO.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
SWR 5 IP, 3 K's, 0 BB, 2 hits, 0 runs. Just 58 pitches, 35 strikes so I was surprised he was pulled that early.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Anyone have thoughts on Patrick Murphy? Nate Pearson was on the fan tonight (sounded like a great guy) and was raving about Murphy's fastball and curve.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Anyone have thoughts on Patrick Murphy? Nate Pearson was on the fan tonight (sounded like a great guy) and was raving about Murphy's fastball and curve.

Never know, could mean something could mean nothing.

I usually don’t take what players say about teammates to heart. I remember Anthony Gose saying Evan Crawford was the best arm in the Jays system at one point.

EDIT

Found it;

Santos' paternity leave opens window for Crawford

During spring training, Blue Jays outfield prospect Anthony Gose told Mike Wilner of The Fan 590 that Crawford had the best arm in the organization.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

The whole "rebuild your windup" thing makes Murphy a bit of an unknown for me. He's an interesting guy, at least.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Zeuch had a solid outing again despite no k’s, too.
Maybe Zeuch, Kay and Pearson all get a look or two before the season is out.
Nice starting pitching up and down the minor league ladder today.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Has anyone done a deep look at the 40 man roster situation leading up to this winter?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Zeuch had a solid outing again despite no k’s, too.
Maybe Zeuch, Kay and Pearson all get a look or two before the season is out.
Nice starting pitching up and down the minor league ladder today.

Was reading a sportsnet article that they likely won’t call up Pearson to limit his innings but Zeuch and Kay are likely.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Take it for a grain of salt, but someone who has been right before on some Jays news named Orlando Barrios and Easton McGee as the pieces from the Rays for Sogard.

Reactions: phillipmike

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Why not. Better than bullpen days

You know why, team is very caution with his elbow history plus injury history from last year, and the amount of innings his pitched this season. They are being cautious and there is nothing wrong with doing that in a lost season.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You know why, team is very caution with his elbow history plus injury history from last year, and the amount of innings his pitched this season. They are being cautious and there is nothing wrong with doing that in a lost season.
Plus they don't want to start his service time clock in a lost season when he will be innings limited next year too.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Take it for a grain of salt, but someone who has been right before on some Jays news named Orlando Barrios and Easton McGee as the pieces from the Rays for Sogard.
I know your source, and you're definitely right about the "grain of salt" suggestion :laugh:

Never know though.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

I think the "why not" part meant "Might as well give Zeuch and Kay a shot" as opposed to "Why wouldn't they call up Pearson?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad