Blue Jays Discussion: Post-post-Deadline Edition: The pitchers on the farm are impressing (Zeuch No-hitter/Pearson to AAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No, people were saying he is on the decline. Better to see what the younger players are like than give Pillar opportunities.

The return does seem like junk but Pillar should have been traded much sooner.
Funny thing is Pillar isn't even having a good season. The homeruns are there but the rest of the numbers aren't good.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
85 players this year have 500+ PA. 63 of them have 20+ HR. I wouldn't look too much into it.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Wow that surprises me. I like it but still surprised

Both are Rule 5 eligible so we either add them now or in a few months. Might as well add them now and see what they got for a few starts.

Neither are likely to stay with the Jays for 6 continuous years so they will be optioned down at some point to give us the option at the extra year. But if they aren’t then that means they are playing better than expected.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If players are Rule 5 eligible, it doesn't hurt to add them and get a look at them now.
The problem is they have to stay on it. The 40 man space can be valuable. It’s not a problem.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The problem is they have to stay on it. The 40 man space can be valuable. It’s not a problem.
They do have to keep them on the 40 man. But with a first rounder and a pitcher they got 2 months ago, you'd hate to lose either in Rule 5 without getting a look at them at the major league level. They have to be added to the 40 man to avoid the Rule 5 anyway.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
I posted about those comments last week which is partly why I’m surprised

If I was guessing, I'd say Wilner didn't really think through his comment - but was looking for a subtle way of saying Pearson isn't being added to the 40 man before the end of the year to waste a spot.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Scott Mitchell says Zuech will pitch behind opener Font tonight and Kay will pitch either Saturday or Sunday in Tampa.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Scott Mitchell says Zuech will pitch behind opener Font tonight and Kay will pitch either Saturday or Sunday in Tampa.
Wow that’s cool. Get to have a look at these guys. Cluster f in the outfield with those call ups now

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Jays thought they had a done deal of Ken Giles for 3 prospects with the Yankees but New York backed out.

Sounds like the Yankees screwed us over;

The Ken Giles trade that wasn’t

On the day of the trade deadline, the Yankees and Blue Jays made significant progress on a deal that would have sent reliever Ken Giles to New York, according to major-league sources. The Jays were set to receive three prospects, and informed the other clubs pursuing Giles they were going to be moving him elsewhere.

The trade, of course, never happened, and the Yankees backed off too late for the Jays to complete a deal with another club. The most logical explanation is that the Yankees had concerns about Giles’ elbow, though teams had prior access to his medical records and several factored the risk into their offers, sources said.

------

Giles, 28, is earning $6.3 million this season, and will remain under team control through arbitration for one more year. Thus, the Jays should have two more chances to trade him – this offseason and at next year’s deadline.

Suscribe to read the full article.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Probably a good thing it fell through. We don't exactly fare well in trades with the Yankees.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
How many high leverage relievers do the Yankees need? Lol. I guess enough to cover for their shitty rotation.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Baseball America revised its top 100 prospect list, it’s not a full reordering though:

7. Nate Pearson
38. Jordan Groshans

Could be a big part of the future, Groshans 3B - Vlad at 1B. Wouldn't be against trading some prospect capital for a youngish 3B like Jose Ramirez or Brian Anderson though :naughty: Miami is due to make a stupid trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad