Blue Jays Discussion: Post-post-Deadline Edition: The pitchers on the farm are impressing (Zeuch No-hitter/Pearson to AAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Tri-City has a disappointing logo.

Actually, most of the NWL logos are kind of disappointing. Except the Everett AquaSox. Theirs is outstanding.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like Spoanke's.

It's a little boring.

I do like though that their secondary logos and alternate jersey write out the name/wordmark in Salish. That's a cool and classy touch.

It's not this though:

7707_everett_aquasox-primary-2013.png

Low-key awesomeness to the frog's cap logo (which is also the team's part-time on-field cap logo) that's a trident-shaped "E" that is just the Mariners' trident-shaped "M" turned 90 degrees.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Really, C's president guy?

an AJ Burnett comp scares the hell out of me. I'll be disappointed if KLoffenstein's ceiling is AJ Burnett.

Reactions: kb

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't see Burnett in Kloffenstein at all.

I thought the Spokane's logo was the Salish one all the time.

I think they always wear the Salish wordmarked uniforms when they're in their road grays, but usually the main logo doesn't have the words in it, it's just the baseball with the western-style "S" in it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Someone should #AskRicky what he thinks about having worse career pitching stats than Tri-City Dust Devils manager and former Blue Jays teammate Mike McCoy. :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
3 runs? That's such a Kloffensive outburst against Adam :sarcasm:

Not sure I buy that should be 2 earned runs though, that"s an error not a single plus and error and it's 1 earned run only on the HR, and I love the 8 K's.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Jays is strong with this team, giving up the 2-run HR to surrender the lead in a game where a loss also means the death of their playoff hopes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh my god, stop the presses. It's actually a good time to bunt. It's a rare instance where I'm not going to chastise a team for intentionally bunting!

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
In news that will surprise no one, Keith Law has stated that Cavan Biggio isn't worth the roster spot.

I'm not going to link to the comment because it's on his website and doesn't need clicks. It's literally that - one sentence - in response to whether Biggio's debut changed his mind about not being a prospect.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Really, C's president guy?

an AJ Burnett comp scares the hell out of me. I'll be disappointed if KLoffenstein's ceiling is AJ Burnett.

I don't know how they actually compare as pitchers, but AJ Burnett would be a pretty amazing result for Kloffenstein: 40+ career fWAR, consistently above average starter with a few ~5 fWAR seasons. Anything close to that would be a massive success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad