Blue Jays Discussion: Post-post-Deadline Edition: The pitchers on the farm are impressing (Zeuch No-hitter/Pearson to AAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Blue Jays Discussion: - Roy Halladay officially inducted in the 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame Class

Well this didnt age well.

Never heard of ruining a prospect if you left them in the minors leagues too long but there have been many examples rushing and ruining them.

Bichette should be finishing the season in AAA. He is 21 and has played less than 200 games above A ball and he has even played less minor league games than Vladdy did in his minor league career. Plus he is coming off an injury, like it or not there are things Bo needs to work on and there is no incentive for the team to bring him up now. He still needs to develop his game and that shouldnt be done at the major league level.

A 115 wRC+ in AAA over 45 games doesnt scream to me this guy needs to be called up. He has a 60 grade power tool with only 34 HRs across 4 seasons and only 5 in 49 games this season. In AAA he as a 50% ground ball rate... personally he finishes the season in AAA and unless he shows his game is ready, he is starting the season in AAA in 2020 and might be there until the middle of the summer for me.

Reactions: kb

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really, C's president guy?

an AJ Burnett comp scares the hell out of me. I'll be disappointed if KLoffenstein's ceiling is AJ Burnett.

AJ Burnett had a 30 WAR career and was a solid MLB starter for nearly 15 years. You take that and run if it happens.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
AJ Burnett had a 30 WAR career and was a solid MLB starter for nearly 15 years. You take that and run if it happens.

It took him a while to truly figure it all out. If he is AJ Burnett, then when he figures it all out he will be playing for somebody else.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
is there an app that i can download to watch the jays minor league teams next year? i have been hearing good things and wouldnt mind watching a few games.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't know how they actually compare as pitchers, but AJ Burnett would be a pretty amazing result for Kloffenstein: 40+ career fWAR, consistently above average starter with a few ~5 fWAR seasons. Anything close to that would be a massive success.

I see Trevor Bauer more than AJ Burnett

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't know how they actually compare as pitchers, but AJ Burnett would be a pretty amazing result for Kloffenstein: 40+ career fWAR, consistently above average starter with a few ~5 fWAR seasons. Anything close to that would be a massive success.

Yes, but then he won't be playing for us. It took AJ years to figure it out in the majors.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
He had seasons of 2.9, 4.8, and 5.0 fWAR during his team-control years with the Marlins.
And just because he's projected to be similar to a player doesn't mean they are going to perfectly recreate their entire career and timing lol.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
And just because he's projected to be similar to a player doesn't mean they are going to perfectly recreate their entire career and timing lol.

Haha that's another factor, yeah.

AJ Burnett was really good. If Kloffenstein is as good as AJ Burnett, that would be awesome.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
In news that will surprise no one, Keith Law has stated that Cavan Biggio isn't worth the roster spot.

I'm not going to link to the comment because it's on his website and doesn't need clicks. It's literally that - one sentence - in response to whether Biggio's debut changed his mind about not being a prospect.

mh7xtGV.jpg

Reactions: thehockeysong

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Haha that's another factor, yeah.

AJ Burnett was really good. If Kloffenstein is as good as AJ Burnett, that would be awesome.

Literally anyone of pitching prospects turning into Burnett in terms of talent, including Pearson would be awesome.

Prospects are prospect and to get that kind of career projection from them is huge, especially at league minimum.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
17 y/o Orelvis Martinez finishes his season with a 150 wRC+ in the GCL. Batting .275/.352/.549 in 40Gs, 142ABs with a .296 BABIP

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I saw someone on Twitter once post something to this effect: Keith Law in a nutshell is a guy who wrote a book about how smart he is and continually talks down to others while constantly being wrong.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I saw someone on Twitter once post something to this effect: Keith Law in a nutshell is a guy who wrote a book about how smart he is and continually talks down to others while constantly being wrong.

Yesterday, he claimed the Jays were around 15-20 ranked among pitchers in their farm system and a lot teams can easily match the Jays pitchers. Fangraphs rated the Jays fourth.

Reactions: Mach85 and kb

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
It took him a while to truly figure it all out. If he is AJ Burnett, then when he figures it all out he will be playing for somebody else.

Kloffenstein is in rookie A-ball my guy. You think AJ Burnett is a bad outcome? Try the reality that he might not even be a real prospect after AA LMFAO.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It slightly annoys me how the milb site has been listing way more TBD for who's starting recently than they have it the past. Especially for Dunedin. Yesterday would have been 5 days for SWR and his regular day and with the double header I figured that probably made it more likely. Today another TBD listed. Come on, you know who's starting, I want to know earlier than 5 minutes before gametime too.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
To be clear, my issue isn't AJ Burnett the raw talent. My issue is that AJ Burnett the actual talent is a career marred by underperformance and inconsistency. He had no-hit stuff when he was on, but he was more likely to come out and be shaky or walk guys like crazy or give up boatloads of runs. I don't like the idea of comparing a prospect to that, because it immediately calls to mind the idea of Kloffenstein always leaving you wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad