Post-lockout Lineup

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gomez will be bought out

Not this year he won't.

I want Gomez to center DD and Gionta, they did well versus Boston in the POs. Granted it was only for 2-3 games, but it's worth a try nonetheless. If they are able to provide secondary scoring, it would change a lot of things offensively for us.

PunkinDrublic*

Not this year he won't.

I want Gomez to center DD and Gionta, they did well versus Boston in the POs. Granted it was only for 2-3 games, but it's worth a try nonetheless. If they are able to provide secondary scoring, it would change a lot of things offensively for us.

So i guess you ignore completely what MT said about keeping the best trio of last year together ?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So i guess you ignore completely what MT said about keeping the best trio of last year together ?

Of course. I'm hoping Therrien isn't as dumb as RC and if that trio is the only one producing and we're losing, what's the point in keeping it together?
RC was too stubborn and somehow seemed to have lost all reasoning when they forced him into the coaching position. He stuck with one line, and died with it instead of breaking it up in order to try to spread more offense. Not only that, he broke up a great working duo in AK-Eller, and placed AK with Gomez, a recipe known to have failed already. Let's not talk about benching Eller for the 3rd period+OT but then using him as the 3rd shooter in the shootouts (surprisingly he did not score...).

Therrien didn't even have a full team practice yet, he can say whatever he wants. I don't blame him for wanting to keep that line intact. It proved successful. So, he comes in with the idea of keeping it together and finding solutions for secondary scoring with the rest of the players. Maybe it'll work, no way of knowing really. It's tough to predict how youngsters will develop, it's not a linear curve, so we'll see how Eller does. We'll see just how much Bourque, Gionta and Gomez want to have a bounce back year. We'll see if a prospect like Gally or Galla can make the club and be effective. Too many question marks really.

But I go from where we left off last year, with a very struggling offense. If the DD line is the only one that's scoring, and we're losing, then Mike won't wait 10games before mixing it up.

PunkinDrublic*

According to RDS....."Mathieu Darche est le seul intrus du groupe. L'ancien attaquant du Canadien, fort impliqué dans les pourparlers entre les propriétaires et les joueurs pendant le lock-out, est à la recherche d'un contrat".

Kind of sad really :(

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
According to RDS....."Mathieu Darche est le seul intrus du groupe. L'ancien attaquant du Canadien, fort impliqué dans les pourparlers entre les propriétaires et les joueurs pendant le lock-out, est à la recherche d'un contrat".

Kind of sad really :(

He should have taken that two-way contract when he had the chance. Can't wait to see him get kicked off the ice when training camp starts.

PunkinDrublic*

He should have taken that two-way contract when he had the chance. Can't wait to see him get kicked off the ice when training camp starts.

I met him and his wife during my tournament before the New Years. I can see why people like him....they are very nice people. Their son plays novice for Candiac. Pretty good hands on the kid too.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
True.

Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Cole
Patches-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-GOmez-Moen
/White

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz
/Kaberle/Weber

Price
Budaj

I think this is right, but Bourque is a natural right winger (and so is Armstrong). Armstrong is bad defensively (or so I remember reading, I could be very wrong about that), so he has to stay on the right side since he's a righty (for zone clears). That puts him on the "fourth" line imo.

I don't see us rolling four lines, but we would really have two decent third lines in this scenario.

I also think Markov's minutes will be carefully managed. I think your d lineup is right, but Kaberle will float thru in Markov and Bouillon's spots and Kabs will definitely be on the powerplay.

This will be the first five games anyway!

Patches-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Cole
Armstrong?-Eller-Bourque
Moen-Gomez-Prust

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Kaberle(PP)/Bouillon-Diaz/Weber

Price
Budaj

If Emelin isn't ready for that, we might have to load up with:

Markov-Subban (replace Markov with Emelin or Bouillon?? against Boston, or Gorges??)
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz
Bouillon

If Galchenyuk doesn't stick, which seems likely at this point in his development, then:

Patches-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-Gomez-Bourque (Armstrong might be what these two need, and Bourque can step in to fight when Colby plays cheap)
Moen-White/Noke-Prust

Good balance, but will they score?

Our best offensive pairings:
Patches-Desharnais
Desharnais-Cole
Plekanec-Gionta
Gomez-Gionta

Last edited:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
If I'm MT, my line up coming opening day is this:

Max-DD-Cole...the only line who was consistant and for a new coach, its gold
Bouque-Plek-Gionta...unless Galchenyuk proves otherwise this line has potential
Moen-Eller-Prust...Big shut down line with grit
Armstrong-Gomez-White...4th line that could be a 3rd line on some team

Markov-Gorges...Seems like the right choice since Gorges can play is off side
Kaberle-Subban...risky but.....
Emelin-Diaz

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Little late to the party but here's my line up.

Patches - DD - Cole
Galchenyuk**/Bourque - Pleky - Gio
Gomez - Eller - Moen
Prust - White - Armstrong

PK - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Kaberle

Carey in the cage.

**Gomez has to play because they're not gonna sit him. This is an unfortunate reality but a reality nonetheless. The only way I see Gally making the team out of camp is if he lights it up and if they cut a fourth line guy to fit him in (I'm looking at White). Line up looks like this in that event.

Patches - DD - Cole
Galchenyuk - Pleky - Gio
Gomez - Eller - Bourque
Moen - Prust - Armstrong

D stay the same.

Feel free to respond!

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole (short season and they have chemistry, be stupid to break them up)
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta (Would like to see Bourque given another crack at a top 6 role now that he's healthy)
Moen-Eller-Armstrong (solid 3rd line)
Prust-Gomez-White (We're stuck with Gomer for one more season, may as well play him and pray we can get a solid 48 games out of him)
ex. Noki

*Galchenyuk - If he plays so well they just can't cut him I'd be OK with it, but at this point I'd rather not rush him and just let him finish the season in junior.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Diaz
ex. Bouillion/Weber/St Denis (have a lot of D, hard to predict how it will shape up, especially the bottom pairing)

Price
Budaj

hogtownhabsfan*

TWO SCORING LINES
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galchenyuk (put Gally in best position to sccueed offensively, surround Pleks with talent to get him going offensively)
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole (hope DD and Cole can get Bourque going like they got Patches going last year)

DEFENSIVE/CHECKING/TWO-WAY LINE
Moen-Eller-Gionta

TRUCULENCE LINE
Prust-White-Armstrong

Myron Gaines*

Pacioretty Desharnais Bourque
Galchenyuk Plekanec Cole
Moen Eller Gionta
Prust Gomez Armstrong
White

Subban Gorges
Markov Diaz
Emelin Bouillon
Kaberle

Price
Bout d'ail

- I think Desharnais and Pacioretty are a solid duo and have great chemistry
- If Galchenyuk makes the team, it'd give Plekanec just what he needs in his line; a legit playmaker/puck carrier
- 3rd line looks ready for war, could create all sorts of havoc.
- 4th line is very physical, yet somewhat skilled enough to contribute.
- Subban and Gorges were our only solid pair of defence last year
- I could see Markov starting the season with Bouillon to help him ease into the lineup, but as the season progresses I see him taking Diaz or Emelin under his wing.
- 3rd pairing will consist of who ever plays better between Emelin or Diaz and Bouillon.
- Kaberle still can be useful on the PP, but if he wants to be in the top 6 regularly, he'll have to step it up defensively.
- Goaltending: It could be a very interesting battle between Price and Budaj, call me crazy, but I still don't think that Price has done enough to earn his #1 goaltender title.

lol j/k

hogtownhabsfan*

^I like it, though there is no way Kaberle is not dressed opening night (unless he's traded).

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
Moen Eller Gionta

Your forward lines are the most interesting I have seen in this thread (that move away from the more obvious combos).

If the Desharnais line continues to get easier minutes, this could really benefit Bourque.

Gionta, in my opinion, has never shown much chemistry with Plekanec so I'd be curios to see what he could do with Eller.

Habtchum*

Galchenyuk Plekanec Cole
Moen Eller Gionta
Prust Gomez Armstrong
White

Subban Gorges
Markov Diaz
Emelin Bouillon
Kaberle

Price
Bout d'ail

- I think Desharnais and Pacioretty are a solid duo and have great chemistry
- If Galchenyuk makes the team, it'd give Plekanec just what he needs in his line; a legit playmaker/puck carrier
- 3rd line looks ready for war, could create all sorts of havoc.
- 4th line is very physical, yet somewhat skilled enough to contribute.
- Subban and Gorges were our only solid pair of defence last year
- I could see Markov starting the season with Bouillon to help him ease into the lineup, but as the season progresses I see him taking Diaz or Emelin under his wing.
- 3rd pairing will consist of who ever plays better between Emelin or Diaz and Bouillon.
- Kaberle still can be useful on the PP, but if he wants to be in the top 6 regularly, he'll have to step it up defensively.
- Goaltending: It could be a very interesting battle between Price and Budaj, call me crazy, but I still don't think that Price has done enough to earn his #1 goaltender title.

lol j/k

That is why Price is gonna be paid 6 million per year over the next six seasons... ????

Myron Gaines*

^I like it, though there is no way Kaberle is not dressed opening night (unless he's traded).

I thought about the same thing, but Therrien was the one who really pushed to sign Bouillon IMO. So at this point the #6 spot is up for grabs.

Your forward lines are the most interesting I have seen in this thread (that move away from the more obvious combos).

If the Desharnais line continues to get easier minutes, this could really benefit Bourque.

Gionta, in my opinion, has never shown much chemistry with Plekanec so I'd be curios to see what he could do with Eller.

Desharnais is a very good playmaker, he set up Pacioretty all year long last year. I think that Pacioretty was playing a lot like Cole at the end of the year, creating his own chances. So I think Pacioretty could take on the role that Cole had on that line and Desharnais can concentrate on setting up Bourque more often.

I think Eller's vision, puck protection and ability to enter the zone with the puck would match up well with Gionta's shooting ability and speed. He's also shown chemistry with Moen who is a good puck retriever.

The offensive combos really depend on wether Galchenyuk makes the team or not. If he does make it, it's not guaranteed that he'll be put on the second line right away tho'. I can only hope.

hogtownhabsfan*

I thought about the same thing, but Therrien was the one who really pushed to sign Bouillon IMO. So at this point the #6 spot is up for grabs.

Perhaps, but it's Emelin and Diaz who are at risk of losing their PT, not Kaberle.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Ahhhhhh now I do...awkward. My bad!

90% of the board is firmly pro-Carey Price now. He may not be as good as Quick or Lundqvist but he's still a top goalie. If he keeps his play up to par or exceeds it there's no telling what we can accomplish - he's that sort of unique piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad