They come up with:

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plek-Gionta
Prust-Eller-Moen
White-Gomez-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Kaberle

Chico said he would like to put Galchenyuk as 3rd line center and put Eller on the 4th line center...........

I've been putting White beween Prust and Moen rather than Eller. I expect Prust's line to be taking a ton of defensive zone faceoffs. I just don't think we know enough about Eller's offensive ceiling quite yet, to commit him to playing that kind of role. His stint in Finland (outpacing Peverley) is encouraging. Also, if he does end up as more of a Pahlsson, he may need some work on his faceoff skills first.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
. Also, if he does end up as more of a Pahlsson, he may need some work on his faceoff skills first.

That is his weakness and why he gets considered as a winger. If he doesn't get better in the dot than he is a winger. But all other aptitudes are born to be a center.

We Want The 25

Go Habs Go
Sep 7, 2006
anyone thinks we might be the team that signs sykora? or possible another free agent? i can see MB looking for another winger since none of the guys in hamilton are ready to go and we can use another option other than bourque for the 2nd line lw

Myron Gaines*

Makes no sense, there's no shutdown pairing there.

I could see Markov and Emelin shutting down opponents. But Bouillon with Subban? Markov right away playing 1st pairing minutes? Gorges out of the top 4?

Makes no sense like you said.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I've been putting White beween Prust and Moen rather than Eller. I expect Prust's line to be taking a ton of defensive zone faceoffs. I just don't think we know enough about Eller's offensive ceiling quite yet, to commit him to playing that kind of role. His stint in Finland (outpacing Peverley) is encouraging. Also, if he does end up as more of a Pahlsson, he may need some work on his faceoff skills first.

White is a terrible center. He is a 4th line NHL winger and an AHL center.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't see anyway that Diaz doesn't make the opening day roster. The guy has been playing hockey all season and playing extremely well.

Markov, Emelin, Diaz, and Weber are the guys who have been playing as far as I know. Kaberle played a bit, but not lately. I want Emelin - Diaz to start as our third pairing. Weber and Bouillon should sit, IMO.

I think I'd be fine with;

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
EX: Bouillon, Weber

I'd also take back Higgins.
He was great for Vancouver.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
What I expect to see (not that that i necessarily agree with it) is this :

Patches-DD-Cole
Eller-Plek-Gio
Bourque/Prust-Gomez-Armstrong/Bourque
Prust/Moen-White/Nokia/Dumont-Moen/Armstrong

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Diaz/Kaberle

If Prust gets the 3rd LW spot, Bourque moves to the right on that line, Moen is on the left and Armstrong on the right on the fourth line.

If not, Bourque goes back to LW on the 3rd and then you have Prust on the 4th line LW and Moen moves to the right.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Pacioretty Desharnais Bourque

- Goaltending: It could be a very interesting battle between Price and Budaj, call me crazy, but I still don't think that Price has done enough to earn his #1 goaltender title.

lol j/k

You're kidding! Right????

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
White is a terrible center. He is a 4th line NHL winger and an AHL center.

IMO we haven't seen enough of White at center in the NHL to know that. What we do know if that he is an NHL level checking forward, that he has played both center and wing in the past, and that the Habs lack a RH center (unless Dumont steps up).

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
IMO we haven't seen enough of White at center in the NHL to know that. What we do know if that he is an NHL level checking forward, that he has played both center and wing in the past, and that the Habs lack a RH center (unless Dumont steps up).

He played center in junior and has occasionally filled in when the injury bug has hit in Hamilton. The problem is that he is a poor skater and just can't play the position........this is why he has been used primarily as a winger for his entire pro career.

Plenty of players who were centers as juniors never end up playing that position as a pro. Even Andrei Markov played center before he was drafted :laugh:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
markov emelin
diaz gorges
kaberle boullion

no subban....things are not lookin' good.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
So with no Gomez and no Nokelainen (to start), does this open the door for Dumont?

Not necessarily.

Armstrong, White we already have at least (Prust could pinch in also) 2 energy centers. I suspect, that it would be preferable to put more pressure on the top 6 guys than at the bottom of the lineup. (Galchenyuk-Gallagher) I would also rather have Dumont play in the AHL than pay him to sit in the stands as the 13th forward.

theboss*

If Gally impresses and makes the team this is what my top 6 would be like

Patches-Gally-Gionta (All American line)
DD-Pleks-Cole

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I would love for the Habs to test

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Desharnais-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White-Prust
Dumont

Imagine if Galchenyuk clicks with our 2 top wingers right away, the added size makes that line 5x more dangerous.

pine*

if a team were to ask for gomez and montreal dealt him, would that make the cap situation any different than it is now?

We would free up the cap this year and wouldn't have to buy him out this summer.

Ideal scenario, but unlikely.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White-Prust

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Bouillion
Diaz
Tinordi
Weber

Price

I really do think a lot of us are underestimating Bourque, he's good for 25 goals and brings a physical edge that the duo of Plekanec-Gionta definitely need.
Not ecstatic about the defence but I'm liking that lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad