Post-lockout Lineup

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I really wanted Chris Kreider in the 09 draft but it was hard for the Habs to pass up the local kid on a draft held in Montreal. Now i'm not saying he is a bust, far from that just who I was hoping for and to be honest Kreider is also having a **** year in the AHL after impressive playoffs for the Rags

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Want it or not, I think Gomez will be on the starting line-up on the first game. And he play C. It seems that he has almost never played wing. Moreover, being a mediocre scorer, it's not a good idea to put him on the wing.

Hence, either he plays on the 4th line or either Desharnais or Eller will be converted to wing.

PunkinDrublic*

Leblanc injured himself on October 20. At the time he had 2 goals in 3 games played. And yes, high ankle sprain often take months to fully recover... especially if the player is trying to "play through it".

The Myers hit happened in mid March... it can't explain Gomez's woes in 2011-12. Pay attention.

You kids are obsessed with Gomez, starts with the RDS gang. Wish they would grow up. Hope he has a really good 48 game season and all you whiners will find some other Habs player to trash.

PS i hope Leblanc pans out, just not convinced. Still has a tiny frame.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Here is the lineup i would like to see this year...if we see that Gally can hold his own in the first few games...

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole
Gallchenyuck, Plekanek, Gionta
Bourque, Eller, Armstrong
Prust, White, Moen

Emelin, Subban. (Assuming Subban signs)
Markov, Gorges
Bouillon, Diaz/Kaberle

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pacioretty - Glachenyuk - Gionta
Desharnais - Eller - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Prust
Moen - White - Armstrong

Markov - Diaz
Emelin - Subban
Bouillon - Gorges
Kaberle

Okay.....just wanted to write comething ifferent

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Re-considering everything perhaps we need to roll 4 lines who can all score and be responible defensively...

So this could also be a different option...

Moen, Desharnais, Cole
Pacioretty, Plekanek, Gally/White
Bourque, Eller, Gionta
Prust, Gomez, Armstrong

No line is labelled ...Roll all 4 lines equally...and hope for the best

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Re-considering everything perhaps we need to roll 4 lines who can all score and be responible defensively...

So this could also be a different option...

Moen, Desharnais, Cole
Pacioretty, Plekanek, Gally/White
Bourque, Eller, Gionta
Prust, Gomez, Armstrong

No line is labelled ...Roll all 4 lines equally...and hope for the best

Oh hi there Novice C coach! Let's play Armstrong as much as Pacioretty in order to not upset Armstrong's mother!

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - Prust - Armstrong
White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Bouillon
Diaz

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You kids are obsessed with Gomez, starts with the RDS gang. Wish they would grow up. Hope he has a really good 48 game season and all you whiners will find some other Habs player to trash.

PS i hope Leblanc pans out, just not convinced. Still has a tiny frame.

You mean like Plekanec? :sarcasm:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I really like the idea of splitting Gorges-Subban. I would like to see Emelin with Subban and Markov with Gorges.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz

/Weber

Get rid of Kaberle please.

Charon

Jul 24, 2008
I don't think that Galchenyuk will crack the lineup this year, and I think Gomez will show up in training camp and earn a spot in the lineup. Here's how the forwards look to me for opening night:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White
Leblanc

I'd like to see Subban and Gorges together, and I think that Emelin will fluorish with Markov at his side. IMO Bouillon needs to be in the lineup - the defence would be too soft without him. I'd give Kaberle the early shot at the spot next to him if he shows it in camp. He'd be on a short leash with Diaz ready to take his spot as early as the second game.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Bouillon
Diaz

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't think that Galchenyuk will crack the lineup this year, and I think Gomez will show up in training camp and earn a spot in the lineup. Here's how the forwards look to me for opening night:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White
Leblanc

I'd like to see Subban and Gorges together, and I think that Emelin will fluorish with Markov at his side. IMO Bouillon needs to be in the lineup - the defence would be too soft without him. I'd give Kaberle the early shot at the spot next to him if he shows it in camp. He'd be on a short leash with Diaz ready to take his spot as early as the second game.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Bouillon
Diaz

We agree on defense...a couple thing about the forwards, I don't see LeBlanc here unless he is top 9. Blunden and dumont are more likely to come up.

If they are giving Gomez a real shot to earn a spot, I think they put more skilled guys with him...like...Eller-Gomez-Armstrong then put Moen-White/Dumont-Prust

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yeah prefer Emelin with steady veteran Markov. Gorges-Subban.

3rd pair Kaberle/Bouillon Those two's strengths and weaknesses fit well.

[edit: just saw EveryDay's post below... I guess we agree]

From what I've read about Emelin, he's more comfortable on the left side (and I've never seen Bouillon on the right side). You can't just move a guy over, especially a young player. I'd be shocked if he played with Markov, just because they speak the same language.

I could see him with Subban. That's a natural fit. And then we'd have a bit of size to deal with Boston's top line.

Markov is going to need Gorges legs to pick up slack for him as he works his way back.

I'm guessing Kaberle will be in the lineup on the third pairing. But with Diaz? Commodore is a #6 and plays the right side, but you don't think...

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Kaberle?/Bouillon-Diaz

Hate to say, but Mike Komisarek would be nice to have right now, we could give them Kaberle...lol. I worry about Markov having to do too much dirty work because we are too small - as usual:

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Komisarek
Gorges-Diaz

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Subban and Emelin would be fun to watch but Im scared theyll put themself out of position too often to complete a huge hits.

Habtchum*

I would not be surprised to see Bouillon playing full time with PK IF Gorges plays with Markov.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
No forward lines seem to jump out, but really looking like a depth team. Pretty decent 3rd line especially if Eller can progress. Anyone wanna give me some info on what you expect from Eller this year?

Habtchum*

No forward lines seem to jump out, but really looking like a depth team. Pretty decent 3rd line especially if Eller can progress. Anyone wanna give me some info on what you expect from Eller this year?

With such a short season and no real pre-season camp, I am expecting Therrien to roll his four lines. That is why having Gomez on a 3rd or 4th line might be very useful.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Yeah prefer Emelin with steady veteran Markov. Gorges-Subban.

3rd pair Kaberle/Bouillon Those two's strengths and weaknesses fit well.

That would imply Emelin playing RD and I think he looked better as a LD.

Subban and Emelin would be fun to watch but Im scared theyll put themself out of position too often to complete a huge hits.

I would not be surprised to see Bouillon playing full time with PK IF Gorges plays with Markov.

Until the Canadiens find a better solution, Bouillon can be a decent stop gap measure. For the reason underlined by Rosso Scuderia, I really don't want to see Emelin playing with Subban. Not in 2012-13 anyhow.

Markov – Gorges
Bouillon – Subban
Emelin – Diaz
Kaberle

Btw... I hate our D squad!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

He's much bigger than last season and played very well in Europe. I'm not sure that he's ready to break out, but I believe he could get 25 to 30 points this year, depending on his TOI and linemates of course.

Last edited:

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal

It's a contentious issue around here, but Eller might spend some time on Plekanec's wing. All the other options have their drawbacks.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I think with a fresh start and in a better environment, Bourque might surprise a lot of you guys.

Some of you guys talk like he doesnt even belong in the NHL.

Yeah i know he was lifeless on the ice last year but the team was going nowhere either. Some players click immediatly with his new team, others might take more time. I also think he was playing injured last season.

So new season, no coach, new system, new start. You never know.

And if he still suck, maybe it will push the Habs to keep Galchenyuk to complete our top 6. I wouldnt be against that either.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Erik Cole
Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Lars Eller - Colby Armstrong
Brandon Prust - Gabriel Dumont - Ryan White
Extra: Scott Gomez

Andrei Markov - PK Subban
Tomas Kaberle - Josh Gorges
Alexei Emelin - Raphael Diaz
Extra: Francis Bouillon, Yannick Weber

Carey Price

If Michel Therrien's not crazy, that's what we should have on opening night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad