Post-Game Talk: Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
So...what's the point of that comment?

Don't remember exactly, though you could always simply go back a page or two and check, but I think it was in a reply about hanks gaa goin down so much, and the poster saying so has the rangers (gaa gone down), or something to that effect.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Tampa wasn't very good in their own end yesterday and that was the story of the game. The Rangers dominated them below the hash marks.

That should continue all series. The Lightning D are big but not that physical and can't seem to handle the Rangers speed. They seemed slow.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Mainboards oh me oh my. What a bunch of dumb ****s.

"Overrated Michelin man!!"

"Bunch of 2nd liners!"

"Clutch and grab!"

Are we watching a different team or.......?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

"Bunch of 2nd liners!"

"Clutch and grab!"

Don't forget 1995 Devils.

I think people just see what they want to see when they hate a team, including our own fans to a degree.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

"Bunch of 2nd liners!"

"Clutch and grab!"

Who is the Michelin Man? Bishop, I hope?

As for the bunch of 2nd liners argument, let them think that. Our 2nd line center who is worse than Zajac scored a game 7 OT game winner and the first goal yesterday.

The mark of a good team - when people are constantly making excuses for why they just keep winning.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Callahan was good for the PP and blocking shots and nothing else.

Honestly the most overrated Ranger since the 2005 lockout.

To be fair, Callahan would be 2nd on the Rangers in goals this year and 4th in points. He had 3 20 goal seasons with the Rangers and did everything you could ask of a player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Who is the Michelin Man? Bishop, I hope?

As for the bunch of 2nd liners argument, let them think that. Our 2nd line center who is worse than Zajac scored a game 7 OT game winner and the first goal yesterday.

The mark of a good team - when people are constantly making excuses for why they just keep winning.

Unless you're the Kings or Hawks, then you're just a team full of Christ Incarnates.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Holy **** what is in the water down in Tampa? Other than an excess of salt, of course.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Holy **** what is in the water down in Tampa? Other than an excess of salt, of course.

LMFAO. First the ticket thing against Detroit and now this. Tampa is a small market and always will be.

Agree on the love of the Hawks/Kings, which stems primarily from them being in the OMG WEST SO GOOD Conference.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
LMFAO. First the ticket thing against Detroit and now this. Tampa is a small market and always will be.

Agree on the love of the Hawks/Kings, which stems primarily from them being in the OMG WEST SO GOOD Conference.

No that applies for the whole playoffs.

A few Ranger fans on twitter complained about it.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
To be fair, Callahan would be 2nd on the Rangers in goals this year and 4th in points. He had 3 20 goal seasons with the Rangers and did everything you could ask of a player.
Except wanna stay...

Jan 8, 2012
NY
No that applies for the whole playoffs.

A few Ranger fans on twitter complained about it.

Lol. I just realized that Tampa has been playing all O6 teams so far - teams with big fanbases who would love to invade their arena. There's always lots of Rangers fans in Florida in the RS - I expect the same in the playoffs.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I come in peace. I promise.

I love your team and have all season. Even found myself rooting for MSL a couple of times this year... Weird.

Anyways I just wanted to make a comment, and I swear this isn't condescending because I see your defense, as a whole, to be better than ours. BUT

Imagine if you guys had found a way to keep Stralman instead of Boyle. Wow. That already dominant defense would be damn near unstoppable.

Anyways, I see you guys taking this thing in 5. Best of luck the rest of the way!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I come in peace. I promise.

I love your team and have all season. Even found myself rooting for MSL a couple of times this year... Weird.

Anyways I just wanted to make a comment, and I swear this isn't condescending because I see your defense, as a whole, to be better than ours. BUT

Imagine if you guys had found a way to keep Stralman instead of Boyle. Wow. That already dominant defense would be damn near unstoppable.

Anyways, I see you guys taking this thing in 5. Best of luck the rest of the way!
Oh, I hated when Stralman took that deal with you guys. I wish he never left us.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

as Branch Rickey used to say (and there a handful of similar quotes)
"Luck is the residue of design"

you put yourself in a position so that a little bit of luck goes a long way

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Good. Let them think like this. I hope the actual Tampa Bay Lightning team thinks this way as well. Keep blaming it on flukiness or puck luck. The more they do that, the less they realize the changes and adjustments they need to make to their game. They wouldn't blame it on actually being outplayed, but rather the Rangers just getting lucky. To me at least, this is a pretty weak mental approach to a series. The more mentally weak they are, the quicker we'll dispose of them.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really need to know how Dominic Moore going hard to the net and banking a perfect pass by Hayes off his leg is "lucky". Is it fortuitous? Maybe......but lucky? Implying that this is something that never happens? Go hard to the net and you'll probably get rewarded.......not a hard concept.

And we're so lucky that we hit, what, 4 posts in the first 2 periods?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I really need to know how Dominic Moore going hard to the net and banking a perfect pass by Hayes off his leg is "lucky". Is it fortuitous? Maybe......but lucky? Implying that this is something that never happens? Go hard to the net and you'll probably get rewarded.......not a hard concept.

And we're so lucky that we hit, what, 4 posts in the first 2 periods?

Maybe the Lightning needs to execute better defensive coverage next time...but that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
From Cooper's press conference, it seems like he thought the Lightning played well enough to win. I sure hope that's what he thinks. We all know the Rangers will be making adjustments anyway - let's hope the Lightning don't and keep turning the puck over behind their net.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Maybe the Lightning needs to execute better defensive coverage next time...but that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Nah, Callahan getting lobotomized by Hayes and Stralman falling asleep and letting D. Moore sneak behind him was all luck. Tampa's players had nothing to do with it, honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark