Post-Game Talk: Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Ive always liked Callahan. But he's nowhere near worth the contract he signed. I'd be find giving Cally a 3-3.5 mil contract...he was asking for 6+ with the Rangers. in what universe is he worth that kinda money?

Zucc got less, and is a MUCH better player.

Very unhappy with his demands.

Pretty much spot on. Just because of the hometown love aspect, I might've gone up to 4 or 4.5 (since he was captain. Give him a bonus for it). But yeah, I'm still surprised they gave him the deal they did.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
With all due respect, why is it so hard for some to hear other fan's opinions about what they feel the team will do in the series? So what if he thinks we'll continue to dominate and win in 5. Doesn't he have the right to think that? And I don't mean it harshly. Just sayin. I don't see the difference between him feeling that way or someone thinking it'll be a drawn out battle that will go 7. Nothing wrong with feeling confident about your team, good about your team, and believing you're gonna whoop some butt! I mean granted, I understand how probably for you personally you hate hearing it because you feel like it jinx's or whatever, and can totally understand why you wouldn't want to exclaim the same or exude overconfidence. I get it. But so what if others do? Why must they relax?

Because I think if we play our game, stay focused and put the effort in for 60 minutes each game, that we've got this series in 5. And I'm relaxing right now just fine. :)

Nevesis openly stated how much he believed in the team when we were down 3-1 in the 2nd round. This isn't a fair assessment.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Nevesis openly stated how much he believed in the team when we were down 3-1 in the 2nd round. This isn't a fair assessment.
I wasn't putting him down at all. And I know he did. I'm just talking generally. Saying that even if some want to be more confident than others are comfortable with, that it should be ok. We only have so long in a series to feel good, for if it doesn't turn out our way then it all ends right then and there. Instant darkness. So you might as well have fun supporting your team while you can right? That's how I see it. But at no point was I putting Nevesis down, nor would I. In fact, I went out of my way to make sure it wouldn't be taken that way.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Callahan was good for the PP and blocking shots and nothing else.

Honestly the most overrated Ranger since the 2005 lockout.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Pretty much spot on. Just because of the hometown love aspect, I might've gone up to 4 or 4.5 (since he was captain. Give him a bonus for it). But yeah, I'm still surprised they gave him the deal they did.

He is their 3rd highest paid player behind Stamkos and Bishop. Crazy, huh?

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Callahan was good for the PP and blocking shots and nothing else.

Honestly the most overrated Ranger since the 2005 lockout.

The PP? He was okay in spurts, was a decent presence in front of the net. But if you can remember, AV removed him from the PP and he never regained that spot before he was traded.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
My thoughts on the game.

Minus the penalties (which i think one of was idiotic to call with less than 5mins to go in a tied game) i thought the team played a very very solid 60 minute effort. Some moments of bad plays but you can't really expected to have 100% dominance over the course of an entire game much less of a ECF game.

I thought everybody played good for once. Even MSL despite him being more snake bitten than a guy who was bitten by an actual snake.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hopefully the Rangers can win game 2 and make it five straight playoff wins. The Rangers won 3 straight against Pittsburgh and the first two in Montreal to make it 5 straight playoff wins. Game one against Montreal was also on a Saturday afternoon.

Hedman and Stralman are very good. The rest of their D. Coburn. Carle. The two ex-Flyer refugees. Garrison. Sustr. The Rangers should do some damage there.

Pittsburgh and Washington slowed the game down. TB likes to play the Ranger way. Manage the puck and stay out of the penalty box. No stupid turnovers.

What happened to Boyle? He never misses playoff games. On the hit by Chris Neil,Boyle suffered a concussion and a shoulder injury. Boyle returned from the concussion but he played with the shoulder injury. Boyle must be dinged up pretty good for him to miss a playoff game.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah that was a pretty blatant miss. I think it was Johnson who kept hounding him.

By the way, Moore is awesome. A workhorse along the boards and I love how he plays with an edge. He, Hagelin and Fast-o are 3 of our best hound-dogs, so to speak.

As I've said a long time now, Dom Moore is one of my favorite Rangers ever. I think he is tremendously good for the role he plays in. But I also love how he plays, tremendous possession player. It don't show in the shooting based stats completely since his line don't put the puck on the net all that much, but if we had real zone stats he would be up there. I also -- love -- that he is a, to use a Swedish expression, menstruation player. Always a little pissed and grumpy. He has always been like that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Man going up 2-0 would go a long way here, especially with their road skillz.

I am also like lol thinking, could this really be the series we don't play all games 2-1 and go to 7??

But then it feels like nah who are we fooling no way.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't think our new 4th line has been good, that's a bit problematic. Ok maybe but not good.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Watching highlights again, jeez, Nash-Brass-Hayes bullied the Lightning in their own zone. Dominated the boards, dominated open ice, just punishing shift after punishing shift.

More of that pls :heart:

Yes, and does anyone remember the Zucc-Brass-Hayes line used when Nash was out those games? What puck possession stats did that line have? Must also have been awsome

If Hayes is to be used on a top line, we need a new center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad