Post-Game Talk: Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I come in peace. I promise.

I love your team and have all season. Even found myself rooting for MSL a couple of times this year... Weird.

Anyways I just wanted to make a comment, and I swear this isn't condescending because I see your defense, as a whole, to be better than ours. BUT

Imagine if you guys had found a way to keep Stralman instead of Boyle. Wow. That already dominant defense would be damn near unstoppable.

Anyways, I see you guys taking this thing in 5. Best of luck the rest of the way!
Not sure what's condescending about it. I'm pretty sure every last one of us would agree.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nah, Callahan getting lobotomized by Hayes and Stralman falling asleep and letting D. Moore sneak behind him was all luck. Tampa's players had nothing to do with it, honest!

I have to say that after all the arguments, I really enjoy that Stralman's blown coverage resulted in the game winning goal last night. I know it's one play and changes nothing overall. It still makes me smile a little bit.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
From Cooper's press conference, it seems like he thought the Lightning played well enough to win. I sure hope that's what he thinks. We all know the Rangers will be making adjustments anyway - let's hope the Lightning don't and keep turning the puck over behind their net.
Nah, don't let him fool you. But he's the type that likes to keep his team feeling positive and has the soothing way about him. But he knows they weren't prepared and he'll make whatever adjustments he needs to.

TB is going to look completely different on Monday. I just am hoping we weather the storms as they come and continue to find more open ice and ability to make more plays. Staal and Yandle are the two players I consider most important this series. I believe Staal will win the Staal vs Stamkos challenge; which is hugely important to our overall strategy, and I think Yandle is going to redeem himself in many ways this series, leading to a bunch of offense.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
LMFAO. First the ticket thing against Detroit and now this. Tampa is a small market and always will be.

Agree on the love of the Hawks/Kings, which stems primarily from them being in the OMG WEST SO GOOD Conference.

I've always wondered if this is even 100% legal.

It's probably something that's never been challenged, but I can't imagine a court upholding something like this.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I come in peace. I promise.

I love your team and have all season. Even found myself rooting for MSL a couple of times this year... Weird.

Anyways I just wanted to make a comment, and I swear this isn't condescending because I see your defense, as a whole, to be better than ours. BUT

Imagine if you guys had found a way to keep Stralman instead of Boyle. Wow. That already dominant defense would be damn near unstoppable.

Anyways, I see you guys taking this thing in 5. Best of luck the rest of the way!

Nothing condescending here...........lol.

In fact most people here would agree with you. Including myself.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Rangers only have three forwards and three defensemen left from the 2012 ECF team. (Hagelin, Kreider, Stepan) (Staal, McD, Girardi)

Crazy.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I've always wondered if this is even 100% legal.

It's probably something that's never been challenged, but I can't imagine a court upholding something like this.

Sure it would be upheld. Geography is not something considered discriminatory. And the arena has every right to have whatever dress code they'd like; so long as it isn't discriminatory.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Glass isn't skating again per Brett Cyrgalis.

He didn't skate Friday either.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Dan Boyle played against Steven Stamkos at ES more than any other player and had a 54.55% CF%

Old and washed up imo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If I were to predict one thing about Monday it would be that Tampa shoots the puck a lot more instead of hesitating or looking for perfect passes. More effort to get shots off quickly and hunt for rebounds

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Tampa is going to come out like a team on fire tomorrow, we need to be ready and hopefully score a quick one to cool them off quick.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Brian Boyle and Victor Hedman are both huge players who don't use their mass nearly enough.

Agreed, that's why I expect Nash to have more of an impact in this series. Hedman isn't nearly as physical as Orpik.

Also, Boyle is more physical than people give credit for. I wouldn't want him in there just because of the boost he gives Tampa's PK and bottom 6.

Callahan was good for the PP and blocking shots and nothing else.

Honestly the most overrated Ranger since the 2005 lockout.

Agreed, I was always chastised on here for calling him out for his lack of offense in the playoffs.

Good. Let them think like this. I hope the actual Tampa Bay Lightning team thinks this way as well. Keep blaming it on flukiness or puck luck. The more they do that, the less they realize the changes and adjustments they need to make to their game. They wouldn't blame it on actually being outplayed, but rather the Rangers just getting lucky. To me at least, this is a pretty weak mental approach to a series. The more mentally weak they are, the quicker we'll dispose of them.

Agreed, they'll meet a quick end that way.

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Not sure what's condescending about it. I'm pretty sure every last one of us would agree.

Didn't want it to sound like I was blasting the Rangers for making that decision. I didn't notice Boyle in game 1 though, which is probably a good thing. The good news is it doesn't look like you'll need Stralman.

You guys played exceptional and I'm sure we'll keep hearing Cooper give the "bounces didn't go our way" Speech along with the Stamkos "nobody thought it was going to be easy" on our way to an 0-3 deficit before anybody even realizes it!

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I spent the whole Friday night in the E.R. and I watched the game from my hospital bed yesterday and I have to say that their performance and the win was the best form of medicine I have received so far. It was awesome sauce watching their speed game. Crazy that it was a one goal game again, but we got the well deserved win. Hockey will always be the best form of medicine and **** yeah let's do that again tomorrow!! :yo:

Hope ur doing ok. Best wishes

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
pretty sure Hank or someone was calling him that on the ice after Game 7
Oh no way really? I missed that one. I only heard the abbreviation in the locker room after game 7. But if Hank called him "Year Ender" on the ice, then yeah, that would obviously be what it stands for. Thanks!

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
I am still so amped about how they played today. I'm such a performance over score guy, and I loved how they played for like 55 minutes tonight. I don't know if you can ask for anything better than that. I thought AV coached brilliantly as well. Playing a fresh Hagelin in that last minute was such a game changer, he was a ****ing waterbug out there.

I think AV and his staff did a fantastic job getting this team ready for the game yesterday considering

Would not have been a shock if the Rangers came out flat 2 days after an emotional Game 7 OT victory.
Short time frame for prep against an opponent that plays the total opposite style from their last foe.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I think AV and his staff did a fantastic job getting this team ready for the game yesterday considering

Would not have been a shock if the Rangers came out flat 2 days after an emotional Game 7 OT victory.
Short time frame for prep against an opponent that plays the total opposite style from their last foe.

That's the thing tho because Tampa plays such a different game we just had to go out and play our game instead of adjusting to the trap... I saw Tampa try to slow the pace of play in the beginning of the third and it didn't get them anywhere so they relyed on their power play, which is actually good and doesn't just rely on the ovi onetimer

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
Didn't want it to sound like I was blasting the Rangers for making that decision. I didn't notice Boyle in game 1 though, which is probably a good thing. The good news is it doesn't look like you'll need Stralman.

You guys played exceptional and I'm sure we'll keep hearing Cooper give the "bounces didn't go our way" Speech along with the Stamkos "nobody thought it was going to be easy" on our way to an 0-3 deficit before anybody even realizes it!

We all miss Stralman...but he is the perfect example of a guy who deserved the contract he earned. Just hoping he doesn't have a good series this round:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark