Post-Game Talk: Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Maybe the Lightning needs to execute better defensive coverage next time...but that wouldn't fit the narrative.

I really need to know how Dominic Moore going hard to the net and banking a perfect pass by Hayes off his leg is "lucky". Is it fortuitous? Maybe......but lucky? Implying that this is something that never happens? Go hard to the net and you'll probably get rewarded.......not a hard concept.

And we're so lucky that we hit, what, 4 posts in the first 2 periods?

Good. Let them think like this. I hope the actual Tampa Bay Lightning team thinks this way as well. Keep blaming it on flukiness or puck luck. The more they do that, the less they realize the changes and adjustments they need to make to their game. They wouldn't blame it on actually being outplayed, but rather the Rangers just getting lucky. To me at least, this is a pretty weak mental approach to a series. The more mentally weak they are, the quicker we'll dispose of them.

Could be compared to Beagle's goal off of double deflection after a wraparound attempt which a number of us here, including myself, called a "fluke" . The difference is in the game against the Caps the Rangers created a number of grade A chances that deserved a similar luck on at least one to find a puck its way into the net. Not a case for Bolts against the Rangers yesterday.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
From Cooper's press conference, it seems like he thought the Lightning played well enough to win. I sure hope that's what he thinks. We all know the Rangers will be making adjustments anyway - let's hope the Lightning don't and keep turning the puck over behind their net.

Wow I thought it was just me that listened to that. He said some truly bizarre things.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah, Tampa's power play has a much better design than Washington's. With them, it's just cover Ovi and let everyone else try to beat you. But Tampa can beat you many ways. Rangers need to do a better job of covering the cross ice pass. That's what they really like to do. Maybe being a little less aggressive against them would go a long way.

Wewillregress

May 17, 2015
Don't forget 1995 Devils.

I think people just see what they want to see when they hate a team, including our own fans to a degree.

I've seen it all these past 24 hours. Comments ranging from "bunch of hard working plumbers" to "you'd be hard pressed to find a guy with skill on that team outside of maybe Nash". Also the classic isles fans who still say most of our forwards don't crack their 2nd line

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
No reason to get crucified. He will continue to the entire series.

Got to give props to Marc Staal here. He made Stamkos his ***** all game long.

I'll never get over what Staal could have been had he not had two of the most absurd injuries I've ever seen.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Thought Hayes had his best game of the playoffs. That line was really good.

Third line was good too. I'm sure it helps that all three players have had real chemistry with one another in the past.

Wish Zucc could be healthy and Tanner could be scratched so they have 4 lines again :/

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Third line was good too. I'm sure it helps that all three players have had real chemistry with one another in the past.

Wish Zucc could be healthy and Tanner could be scratched so they have 4 lines again :/

You know damn well that Sheppard would sit lmao.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

They'd have 4 lines if they put Miller at 3C. Not that I'm complaining about Moore, but it's true.

Miller is the 2nd best faceoff guy on the team.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Tanner glass has been good this playoffs he does not deserve to be scratched.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Tanner glass has been good this playoffs he does not deserve to be scratched.

Don't care how "good" he's been. He's far and away the worst forward on the team. There's 12 guys who should clearly be playing ahead of him. To be honest, so should Bourque

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Is that a joke or is that what actually happened?

Stephen
‏@StephenCLorenzo
Cooper said he thought Lightning played decent yesterday until he watched the tape and wanted to vomit #Lightning

Stephen
‏@StephenCLorenzo
#Lightning Cooper: "one team played like they'd been there before and the other one played like they hadn't."

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Stephen
‏@StephenCLorenzo
Cooper said he thought Lightning played decent yesterday until he watched the tape and wanted to vomit #Lightning

Stephen
‏@StephenCLorenzo
#Lightning Cooper: "one team played like they'd been there before and the other one played like they hadn't."

I don't know why it took a second look. Most of us and I'm sure plenty of Lightning fans could tell that without looking at the game tape.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
5 | 2:30PM:Jon Cooper confirmed that there is an agreement in place to let the other team watch practice. (Smith)

He said that Bowness was just saying hello to Williams. (Lavoie)

2:05PM:*Steve Yzerman said that both teams agreed to let each other watch practice. (LeBrun)

1:59PM:*Rangers assistant coach*Darryl Williamsis watching the Tampa practice today and Tampa assistant coach Rick Bowness is not happy about it.*(Renaud Lavoie)

Tampa coach Jon Cooper seems “ok with it.” (Lavoie)

Bowness and Williams were both part of Alain Vigneault’s staff in Vancouver.

Lavoie said that it brings up*memories of last year.

The Rangers did the same thing last year against Montreal*and Michel Therrien was not happy about it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
5 | 2:30PM:Jon Cooper confirmed that there is an agreement in place to let the other team watch practice. (Smith)

He said that Bowness was just saying hello to Williams. (Lavoie)

2:05PM:*Steve Yzerman said that both teams agreed to let each other watch practice. (LeBrun)

1:59PM:*Rangers assistant coach*Darryl Williamsis watching the Tampa practice today and Tampa assistant coach Rick Bowness is not happy about it.*(Renaud Lavoie)

Tampa coach Jon Cooper seems “ok with it.†(Lavoie)

Bowness and Williams were both part of Alain Vigneault’s staff in Vancouver.

Lavoie said that it brings up*memories of last year.

The Rangers did the same thing last year against Montreal*and Michel Therrien was not happy about it.

If the Lightning can do it too what's the problem?

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Sure it would be upheld. Geography is not something considered discriminatory. And the arena has every right to have whatever dress code they'd like; so long as it isn't discriminatory.
That may be true, but I think it
is something the league should crack down on. I think it is immature and pathetic that a team needs to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad