Blue Jays Discussion: post-deadline, back-at-home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm sure someone said it yesterday but I feel like the Berrios thing is what begat Vlad sitting.

This isn't like 2019...every game is pretty much sold out anyways due to the capacity.

I just want them to win, so I personally don't really care, but I found it curious that they picked the one day that pretty much everyone can watch coast to coast to sit their best player.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I just want them to win, so I personally don't really care, but I found it curious that they picked the one day that pretty much everyone can watch coast to coast to sit their best player.

They'll always get roasted when a star player sits...but they have 8 games in 7 days...you're playing a pretty shitty team in KC. It's upsetting as this was their first homestead in 2 years..but I'd rather he stay fresh this week then a Sunday afternoon game

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, I’m not sure what the issue is.

Yesterday was a reasonable spot to give Vlad an off day.

Biggio was given one the first day back in Toronto. No one cared then?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, I’m not sure what the issue is.

Yesterday was a reasonable spot to give Vlad an off day.

Biggio was given one the first day back in Toronto. No one cared then?
Biggio, Vladdy, same thing, right?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Kevin Smith should be in our top 10

On pace for around 40hr, 110+RBI, 30 steals and reports say his defence is pretty good.
Bit of an Alex Gonzalez vibe to this guy.
Less minor league consistency, but power and speed and good D with contact issues.
I wonder where Samad Taylor might rank right now too.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Point being it’s not just Vladdy who has been given rest days recently.

We can’t just overwork Vladdy. That’s how injuries happen.
Yeah, I totally get it, just thought it was an odd day to do it, but I don't mind. I want them to be fresh and ready to try to make it in. Bichette needs a day too.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Both players are ahead of Martin. Also, Jays have Lopez, Hiraldo and Jimenez who are definitely below Martin but are solid prospects.
Groshans and Martinez are certainly not ahead of Martin. It's just the price they had to pay. I'm 99% sure they attempted to get Minnesota to take Groshans instead.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Groshans and Martinez are certainly not ahead of Martin. It's just the price they had to pay. I'm 99% sure they attempted to get Minnesota to take Groshans instead.
This is absolutely not true. Groshans was ahead in every way, and is a year younger and can actually field and throw to a base. Martinez may be in double A by next season.

Ridiculous assertion.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This is absolutely not true. Groshans was ahead in every way, and is a year younger and can actually field and throw to a base. Martinez may be in double A by next season.

Ridiculous assertion.

Groshans 11/10/1999
Martin 3/23/1999

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

I doubt that to be honest. On the current prospect rankings, Martin is ahead of both. However, I believe he will drop and the other two will rise. Martinez is an incredible hitter and has crazy power for someone his age. Groshans and Martin are close. Groshans is a tad younger than Martin. Both need to improve their power and I would bet more on Groshans doing that than Martin. My opinion is based on things I have read. Between all three Martinez easily has the most potential and I think Martin is more of a safe bet to be an MLBer but his ceiling is lower. I do favor prospects that have more potential than safe bets. As a result, I can see someone making a case for Martin over Groshans.

For all three defense seems to be an issue at SS so all three likely play elsewhere.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I had both ahead of Martin myself.

And SWR too.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I doubt that to be honest. On the current prospect rankings, Martin is ahead of both. However, I believe he will drop and the other two will rise. Martinez is an incredible hitter and has crazy power for someone his age. Groshans and Martin are close. Groshans is a tad younger than Martin. Both need to improve their power and I would bet more on Groshans doing that than Martin. My opinion is based on things I have read. Between all three Martinez easily has the most potential and I think Martin is more of a safe bet to be an MLBer but his ceiling is lower. I do favor prospects that have more potential than safe bets. As a result, I can see someone making a case for Martin over Groshans.

For all three defense seems to be an issue at SS so all three likely play elsewhere.

Both Groshans and Martin played 25+ games at SS for New Hampshire this season.

Groshans
32 games
.943 fielding percentage
5 errors

Martin
27 games
.902 fielding percentage
10 errors

I know those defensive stats most likely dont tell everything but it looks like Groshans was the better defensive player and Martin was extremely erractic defensively.

Reactions: canucksfan

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Both Groshans and Martin played 25+ games at SS for New Hampshire this season.

Groshans
32 games
.943 fielding percentage
5 errors

Martin
27 games
.902 fielding percentage
10 errors

I know those defensive stats most likely dont tell everything but it looks like Groshans was the better defensive player and Martin was extremely erractic defensively.

From all reports groshans at least has the arm for SS, Martin doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad