Blue Jays Discussion: post-deadline, back-at-home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Load management. The Raptors did it with Leonard.
I’m not sure how people could possibly miss my point more. I don’t care at all that they gave him a day off. The timing of the day they gave him is the question. This is not the Kawai stuff either. It’s not load management LOL. It’s a day off

Haringoth

Aug 2, 2019
I’m not sure how people could possibly miss my point more. I don’t care at all that they gave him a day off. The timing of the day they gave him is the question. This is not the Kawai stuff either. It’s not load management LOL. It’s a day off

We are about to enter a stretch of more games then days.

Does everyone here just look for reasons to be mad?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Unless you were at the game I don't understand why you're peeved. And if you were, please accept this Berrios start and home runs from Espinal and Semien as Montoyo's apology.

Reactions: Discoverer

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Unless you were at the game I don't understand why you're peeved. And if you were, please accept this Berrios start and home runs from Espinal and Semien as Montoyo's apology.
Wow even you. I’m in no way “peeved”. Man I’ll just retract my statement. People are clueless today

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wow even you. I’m in no way “peeved”. Man I’ll just retract my statement. People are clueless today

Even me what? Because they haven't been at the dome for 2 years the Jays can't rest Vladdy? Since the Mets series he hasn't been hitting at his elite level so you might as well rest him now as opposed to the next couple of series against better opponents. You suggested they should've rested him the day before they came home. Imagine the comments if Montoyo rested him then when they were facing the Red Sox.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015

You aren’t alone. First series back in Toronto in almost 2 years. Sunday afternoon of a long weekend. I’m glad they won and excited to see Berrios. But I also thought it was an odd time to give Vlad an off day. Reminded me of when they sat him on the holiday a couple of years ago

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Even me what? Because they haven't been at the dome for 2 years the Jays can't rest Vladdy? Since the Mets series he hasn't been hitting at his elite level so you might as well rest him now as opposed to the next couple of series against better opponents. You suggested they should've rested him the day before they came home. Imagine the comments if Montoyo rested him then when they were facing the Red Sox.
I was speaking out of term but ok. It was a genius idea at the perfect time

Reactions: Eyedea

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

c2d.jpg

Kris Bryant would look good on the Jays

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
This team badly needs a lefty bat at some point. From the big league roster through our top prospects there's McGuire, Biggio, Dickerson, Palacios, and that's about it. Speaking of Palacios, what the heck happened top him? He was showing some promise then just disappeared.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
This team badly needs a lefty bat at some point. From the big league roster through our top prospects there's McGuire, Biggio, Dickerson, Palacios, and that's about it. Speaking of Palacios, what the heck happened top him? He was showing some promise then just disappeared.

I would love a big left-handed bat to join for the middle of the lineup, but I'm still not convinced it's something they need - they have a better wRC+ against righties (114) than against lefties (109) this year. How about splitting the difference and grabbing a switch-hitting Jose Ramirez in the offseason?

Dickerson should be back any time now, right? He's been in a few games for Buffalo recently, including some in the OF. Give him Valera's roster spot and this team is ready to go.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I'd like to see Palacios get some reps in down the stretch in the event of injuries. Hopefully he's healthy soon.

His ability to play all 3 outfield spots and respectable speed on the base paths makes him a nice option for the playoff roster.

Reactions: Discoverer

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bowden: MLB trade deadline grades for all 30 teams, from the Dodgers (A+) to the Rockies (F) - The Athletic

Toronto Blue Jays

Grade: A

Trades: Acquired RHP José Berríos from Twins for INF/OF Austin Martin and RHP Simeon Woods Richardson. Acquired LHP Brad Hand from Nationals for C Riley Adams. Traded 1B Rowdy Tellez to Brewers for RHP Trevor Richards and RHP Bowden Francis. Acquired OF Corey Dickerson and RHP Adam Cimber from Marlins for INF Joe Panik and RHP Andrew McInvale (June 29). Traded RHP Joel Payamps to Royals for cash. Acquired RHP Joakim Soria from Diamondbacks for two PTBNL.

The Blue Jays’ biggest needs at the trade deadline were to improve their starting rotation and the back end of their bullpen, which had blown 12 of 29 saves entering Friday’s action. Landing Berríos, a 27-year-old two-time All-Star who has the ability to start Game 1 or 2 of any postseason series, was their best trade, even if it came at a steep price of two high-end prospects (Martin, Woods Richardson). The Blue Jays also acquired closer Brad Hand from the Nationals, and they did it by taking advantage of their catching depth, trading the fifth-best catcher in their organization (Adams) to get the deal done. Hand posted a 3.59 ERA in 42 2/3 innings this season for Washington, with 21 saves in 26 opportunities. The Blue Jays are now poised to make a serious run at one of the AL wild-card berths (and more).
Berrios looked good yesterday but it was the Royals. We get a better feel for him when he starts against the Red Sox

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Setting up for a fun end to the year.
The similarities to the ‘15 season are cool, great posts.
10 and 12 game win streaks start with 4 game win streaks.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
100%. Sunday, holiday weekend, excitement high because of new acquisition starting.

It was the most inopportune time to sit your mega star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad