Possible Trade Ideas Volume Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Other than SoH :laugh:

The minor trades (Havlat/Heatley) still play a significant role in the organization, especially with cap space and roster limitations. The problem with conclusions is that a dozen different people see it a dozen different ways. I have always taken the approach of net gain vs net value vs long term potential vs short term potential.
Yeah, don't forget about me here.

Minor trades still affect asset management. It's important for the organization in the long run. We're going to see a big outflow this offseason. Take Clutterbuck. Trading him is not a blockbuster, but he's not a problem piece on the roster. Possibly being forced to trade him because of the cap is poor asset management.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The Pens will have a decent amount of turnover up front this offseason. We could use a Cooke replacement as he'll most definitely be gone.

Been mentioned before, but is a Nisky/Clutter swap fair for you all?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
The Pens will have a decent amount of turnover up front this offseason. We could use a Cooke replacement as he'll most definitely be gone.

Been mentioned before, but is a Nisky/Clutter swap fair for you all?

I've said yes to this before, but I haven't watched him much, just heard some good things about him in the past. How was he this past season?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I can't imagine how much this trade would take. I don't want any part in this. Plus, do we forget about Kuemper and Gustafsson? Not to mention Bernier has only played 72 games the last 3 years combined. That ain't much.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I can't imagine how much this trade would take. I don't want any part in this. Plus, do we forget about Kuemper and Gustafsson? Not to mention Bernier has only played 72 games the last 3 years combined. That ain't much.

Just watching Bernier in his last game he played against the Wild, I was so impressed. Super calm, poised, just looked so confident. He does not deserve to be a backup. I don't think GMCF will overpay for him if we trade for him since he has the option to re-sign Backstrom.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Just watching Bernier in his last game he played against the Wild, I was so impressed. Super calm, poised, just looked so confident. He does not deserve to be a backup. I don't think GMCF will overpay for him if we trade for him since he has the option to re-sign Backstrom.

There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be a solid starter in the NHL. But that isn't the issue, the issue is how much it would take to obtain him, especially since we are bidding with two other teams. I can't imagine the Flyers are planing on starting the season with Bryz, Mason, and Bernier. Leafs have Reimer, who I think is underrated. Just in a pressure cooker situation on a mediocre team, but they few good prospect assets to trade, unless they are adding plenty of picks. Unless Minnesota wants to make Kuemper/Gustafsson backups in Los Angeles I don't see this trade being made.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be a solid starter in the NHL. But that isn't the issue, the issue is how much it would take to obtain him, especially since we are bidding with two other teams. I can't imagine the Flyers are planing on starting the season with Bryz, Mason, and Bernier. Leafs have Reimer, who I think is underrated. Just in a pressure cooker situation on a mediocre team, but they few good prospect assets to trade, unless they are adding plenty of picks. Unless Minnesota wants to make Kuemper/Gustafsson backups in Los Angeles I don't see this trade being made.

I agree, it's scary that we have all these prospects just hitting the NHL and we seem to be in all these trade rumors.

While it would be nice to have him, I'm worried about what it will cost.

Billy Mays Here*

But what are the chances either one of Kuemper or Gustafsson becomes as good as Bernier? If we acquire Bernier and one of Kuemper/Gustafsson does become a very solid goaltender, we very well may find ourselves in the same situation as LA is in now, and there's nothing wrong with that. Imagine having multiple teams bidding on one of the prospects we developed and can afford to give away because we already have a solidified starter in Bernier. We'll have turned a mid round draft pick into maybe as much as a 1st round pick and a roster player depending on how good and promising Kuemper/Gustafsson becomes.

Billy Mays Here*

I would trade Granlund for a 1st and a prospect in a heartbeat. We need to get something for Granny now, while people still think he has value.

Good thing you're not the GM because only a fool would give up on him already.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd rather wait for all our prospects to be ready and prime, including Kuemper/Gustafsson, rather than having such a staggered timeline for everyone.

Thank you. This has been my argument for a while. Just a patient approach this year and into next year. A bunch of rookies are just starting their pro career, so it's dumb to give up on them now.

Billy Mays Here*

And your trades are any better how? :shakehead

With that said, Minnesota isn't going to give up on Granlund while his value is really low.

Suggesting Clutter for Demers is certainly better than suggesting Koivu for Strome and a prospect (or maybe it was a pick, can't remember).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Suggesting Clutter for Demers is certainly better than suggesting Koivu for Strome and a prospect (or maybe it was a pick, can't remember).

Not really. Demers had an off year but is going to be paid, which Minnesota can't do. Furthermore, it makes no sense to San Jose since they have Torres. We need a proven contract back not some guy that had an off-year and is looking to get paid.

BTW; can we get this thread closed or moved into the trade section of the board?

Last edited:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Not really. Demers had an off year but is going to be paid, which Minnesota can't do. Furthermore, it makes no sense to San Jose since they have Torres. We need a proven contract back not some guy that had an off-year and is looking to get paid.

BTW; can we get this thread closed or moved into the trade section of the board?

There is 0 reason to visit this thread if you aren't interested and there is 0 reason to close it or move it to the general trade. This is just about the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad