Possible Trade Ideas Volume Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
TSK, I think you're drawing conclusions and then finding evidence to support it. I'm probably the only other one on these boards who questions Fletcher as a GM, but I can't get myself worked up on those little trades.

Kobasew for a 2nd was brutal, but dumping Belanger for a 2nd voids it. The little 4th liner swaps, who cares. AHL swaps, who cares.

Pominville/Larsson I don't think will ever be more than a possibly good trade for need, because I don't think Larsson's ceiling is low enough to make it a steal for us. Larsson, the 1st, the 2nd, and Hackett would all have to bust for us to win that trade. I don't see all of that happening.

On the other hand, Pominville getting injured, Wild missing the playoffs, and Pominville either not re-signing or re-signing for too much money and then getting hurt or not producing are IMO much more likely to happen.

For me, there's limited win potential in the trade and real lose potential, which is why I still don't like it. And there's nothing anyone can say this summer to make me change my mind on the trade. We have to let it play out and see what happens. Which is why I'm done trying to talk about the trade.

At this point, there's going to be no change in the front office or coaching staff, so there's no point harping about it in my mind.

Well put dude

Billy Mays Here*

I wake up every morning now hoping to see an interesting trade or signing. Ashamed to say I find player movement a bit more fascinating than even the Finals itself.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
As said by myself in a previous post, i didnt like the Pommer trade.. Still don't.. Only things is:

I'm getting tired of all the crying that is going on for months about trades we did in the past... Get over the Leddy trade f.ex.. We can't do squat about any of them now..

Let's look at this the positive way..

Next season good be a blast! Zach, Mikko and Jason might find chemistry.. Pommer could be a excellent player for us and get aroud 70-80 points.. Everything can happen... People have to start think positive about next season... all many of you are doing is complaining about something yet to happen.. Let's see where next season take us!

LETS GO WILD!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I wake up every morning now hoping to see an interesting trade or signing. Ashamed to say I find player movement a bit more fascinating than even the Finals itself.

Same. I have absolutely no dog in the Finals fight right now and don't care at all who wins. I haven't watched a playoff game since the Wild were eliminated.

All I want right now are trades and signings. Bring em on.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'd be excited to see some movement, I just don't know how they can do it. All the big names either won't be traded or can't be (Heatley).

The only real guys with any value are Clutterbuck and Setoguchi, but neither would really shake the team up much and it would be hard to improve for the money.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
TSK, I think you're drawing conclusions and then finding evidence to support it. I'm probably the only other one on these boards who questions Fletcher as a GM, but I can't get myself worked up on those little trades.

Other than SoH :laugh:

The minor trades (Havlat/Heatley) still play a significant role in the organization, especially with cap space and roster limitations. The problem with conclusions is that a dozen different people see it a dozen different ways. I have always taken the approach of net gain vs net value vs long term potential vs short term potential.

When you constantly see the same pattern over and over again with this organization and look at what Fletcher has been and is doing, it's not that hard to make a conclusion. The problem is with fans they always dump on posters that take a neutral/negative stance (TP and I know from our time on another board. If you think Edmonton fans are bad, Viking fans are even worse).

The fact that you can take some positive stances on some aspects of how the organization is being built but because you are critical of another aspect, you are automatically labeled as a negative poster is funny to me and always will be.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

I think there is a Gentleman's Agreement not to make any big trades until after the Finals and I don't think anyone can sign anyone until after the Finals.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
<- Sources :nod:

As for all the Fletcher comments, for better or worse, the guy is willing to make moves. I'd rather have a guy like that at the helm than the other direction, which is what we had prior...

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I have always been critical of Fletch but my posts seem to get lost when half the page is TSK multi-quoting and dominating the conversation.

Like TP said, atleast he makes moves. When you do that you win some you lose some, hopefully win more when it counts, and I think Fletcher has done that. I'm not the biggest fan of how he put us up against the wall this year as far as cap space goes, but assuming the plan was to buyout Heatley when he made the deal for Pominville it backfired in a way no one could have predicted given Heatley's very healthy career.

I expect things to heat up when the finals are over. We will see soon! I would love to see us move up in the draft but that would cost a bit much. But who knows so would Bernier.

Billy Mays Here*

Yep, I too am scared of what we'll give up if we acquire him (though I'm guessing Toronto or Philly gets him).

Billy Mays Here*

Granlund?

Oh god no, of course not. Fletcher's trading history isn't amazing but he's not dumb enough to give up any of Coyle, Granlund, Brodin, Zucker, or Dumba. All other prospects are probably fair game though. Besides, it's not like Bernier is signed to an amazing deal that increases his value even more, he's a pending RFA just like Clutter.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Like TP said, atleast he makes moves. When you do that you win some you lose some, hopefully win more when it counts, and I think Fletcher has done that. I'm not the biggest fan of how he put us up against the wall this year as far as cap space goes, but assuming the plan was to buyout Heatley when he made the deal for Pominville it backfired in a way no one could have predicted given Heatley's very healthy career.

The bolded is the most important thing. We'd be in a good place right now if Heatley didn't injured. We'd have plenty of space to sign what we need. It's not Fletcher's fault. He had a good plan, and an unforeseeable incident disrupted it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'm just interested to see Fletcher's move. He's going to have to be creative.

There are good players at a position of need like Luongo and Lecavalier who are available, but we can't really make them work with the cap.

And I feel like Gilbert should be given another shot on the team, but if we can't deal with Heatley, I don't see how he doesn't get moved/bought out.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
what would it take to get Mikael Granlund from the wild

this is a guy I would love to see in a buffalo uniform.put him on the line with Armia and let the Fins Flash.not sure what it would take to get him here in a trade but what do you think?

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
Granlund, Clutterbuck, and Heatley for Vanek.

You have to take Heatley so the money works. Heatley's Cap Hit is $7.5 but actual is only about $5 mil, I believe.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Granlund, Clutterbuck, and Heatley for Vanek.

You have to take Heatley so the money works. Heatley's Cap Hit is $7.5 but actual is only about $5 mil, I believe.

Ugh no. We don't need another winger. Even if it's Vanek, who would drastically improve our team, we have other positions of issue.

Getting a centerman back would be nice. Girgensons + McCabe or McNabb?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i hope someday the wild try zucker / granlund / coyle. that could be an awesome 2nd line once those guys have confidence. unless we were swapping granlund for armia i wouldn't trade. (sorry no deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad