Possible Trade Ideas Volume Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Regardless of what happens, I'm just excited the Wild are in so many trade rumors. :D

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Clutterbuck, Spurgy, Setoguchi, Phillips + 2nd 14' for Letang, Flower, and mid-low pick this year.

kind of a stretch, but that would be preettty cooooool.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Clutterbuck, Spurgy, Setoguchi, Phillips + 2nd 14' for Letang, Flower, and mid-low pick this year.

kind of a stretch, but that would be preettty cooooool.

That would be terrible. And we doesn't have a 2nd in 2014.

I still think:

MAF
Matt Niskanen
Draft pick/something

for

Clutter
Gilbert
Seto

makes the most sense for Minnesota.

Actually this trade is even better:

Does Shero pay 1M of Fleurys salary for next season? Pens have more cap space to work with then Wild. Wild have Fleury at 4M for 1 season, then 5M next season just to help the Wild out a little. A 4M Fleury is better then a 5M Fleury.

Fleury (1M retained)
Niskanen
3rd round pick

For

Gilbert
Rights to Backstrom
Clutterbuck

Something similar to this, or this.

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If Zucker gets moved, I'm bringing fire and pitchforks down to the Wild offices. We need MORE guys like this kid. Speed and a shoot-first mentality! We need to clone him. Fletcher can't be that dumb to lose him.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
If Zucker gets moved, I'm bringing fire and pitchforks down to the Wild offices. We need MORE guys like this kid. Speed and a shoot-first mentality! We need to clone him. Fletcher can't be that dumb to lose him.

Could not agree more.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
jarick your post #875 doesnt include me? at times i've been critical of CF with good reason. imo on pommer trade, CF felt his & yeo's jobs were on the line if they missed the playoffs. (makes sense 2 me) he made a panic / desperate decision trading for pommer. besides leddy the other trades were relatively low risk so my real problem is with trade deadline NON trades which lead to ufa players walking for nothing.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I forget about you sometimes.

Trading both your two best goaltending prospects away and bringing in a guy who is unproven who's close to free agency is just dumb. I hope these are just rumors. I just feel the notion of going all in on a goalie is old fashioned. Yeah it sounds great to have your starter for the next 5-10 years, but remember when we traded Leddy to get a top four, possibly top two defenseman RIGHT NOW? And we traded away a 1st and a potential starter and a potential #2 center for a top winger RIGHT NOW?

Just seems to me, whatever Fletcher claimed he was building, he's done building for the future, he's trying to win RIGHT NOW, and he'd be content to just be a moderately successful team RIGHT NOW rather than a real contender in a few years. Very short-sighted. Smart for his job, but not for the team.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
jarick your post #875 doesnt include me? at times i've been critical of CF with good reason. imo on pommer trade, CF felt his & yeo's jobs were on the line if they missed the playoffs. (makes sense 2 me) he made a panic / desperate decision trading for pommer. besides leddy the other trades were relatively low risk so my real problem is with trade deadline NON trades which lead to ufa players walking for nothing.

Except that interview with Leipold directly contradicts the "panic" theory.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I forget about you sometimes.

Trading both your two best goaltending prospects away and bringing in a guy who is unproven who's close to free agency is just dumb. I hope these are just rumors. I just feel the notion of going all in on a goalie is old fashioned. Yeah it sounds great to have your starter for the next 5-10 years, but remember when we traded Leddy to get a top four, possibly top two defenseman RIGHT NOW? And we traded away a 1st and a potential starter and a potential #2 center for a top winger RIGHT NOW?

Just seems to me, whatever Fletcher claimed he was building, he's done building for the future, he's trying to win RIGHT NOW, and he'd be content to just be a moderately successful team RIGHT NOW rather than a real contender in a few years. Very short-sighted. Smart for his job, but not for the team.

I generally agree with you Jarick but right now I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on a few points.

Sure Bernier is "unproven" to a certain extent that he hasn't played a ton of games but he has proven in the time he's got that he will be a quality NHL #1 goaltender. Through his AHL time and his NHL time he has proven that. Just look at the numbers they don't lie.

Why would you even be talking how Bernier is unproven then be upset if we move Kuemper for him?? Bernier has proven much more than Kuemper(sure maybe only because he is further along in his career, but we do know for sure what Bernier will be. At the very minimum a quality NHL starter.) Kuemper is still a bit of a crapshoot. Like it or not. Yes I think he will be a starter someday but that day is not within the next 3 years.

Also you pointed out he is close to free agency well its restricted. The kid is 24. He will be an RFA for awhile.

Your an intelligent poster so I won't insult by stating the obvious but since I have to...simply put, we need a goalie. Why go out and spend money on a Smith and overpay for someone who probably that we can't afford. or go after the likes of Nabokov, Backstrom, Theodore types who simply aren't good enough goaltenders to go deep in the playoffs with.

If the price on a guy like Bernier is anything like the price on goalies that have been traded in the past 3 years then we need to pull the trigger.

Look at the Bobvrovsky trade in Columbus..a 2nd and 2 4ths. How has that worked out for them?? Im not saying were going to get the Vezina trophy winner in Bernier but he reminds me in every bit of the Tuka Rask situation in Boston. Stuck behind a great starter waiting in the wings. Bernier would be a great pickup.

If the cost is something around moving a winger like Clutterbuck and Kuemper then its a great move for the Wild. If the price is that plus a pick I'd still do it. It would solve our goaltending situation for 5-8 years.

Id also like to question your idea of Fletcher only trying to win RIGHT NOW.

You can't tell me that the Pominville move was only for last season and this year. They have said over and over that Pominville is a player they intend to keep for many years. He is a perfect fit on this team. The guy was our best player the last 10 games from the second he joined the team. He will be probably almost just as valuable as Parise next season. Heck he outscored Parise 3 of the last 4 seasons. Is a leader(was an NHL captain for how many years?), plays PP, PK and is a great locker room guy. What on earth is wrong with trading for that?? I don't care what we gave up.

That trade for another debate however my point is that we didn't just panic and go for a quick fix IMO and Fletcher and Leipold have made that clear. They made that move for the long term. Its time everyone realizes that.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
phant03, CL is not going to publicly rip his employees. jarick on wrong goalie decisions i'll add we should not have re-signed hards with hackett & others waiting 4 their chance. i maintain hackett wasnt staying here for a 4th yr in the A. ps 4 beegoalie on pommer. im sure we would like to re-sign him after next yr but what if he doesnt? we will have paid a helluva price for pommer to play only 100 games in a wild uniform. cheers

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Bernier is the ideal piece but his price will likely be too high. Fletcher isn't dumb enough to give up Zucker so I think that takes us out of the running. Can't put into words how much I hate the idea of trading for Fleury though. Just re-sign Backs and be done with it if you can't get Bernier for a fair price. Let Toronto, Philly and whatever other interested teams continue their outrageous bidding war for him.

This is from LA KINGS insider:
http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/06/22/minnesota-remains-in-the-mix-for-bernier/#more-34807
Zucker and Kuemper for Bernier and Martinez

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
If you guys do end up with Bernier somehow, you won't be disappointed. Many of us Kings fans believe he is right there with Quick. He's not as athletic, but is far better positionally and is ridiculously composed. Had Quick went down on the eve of the playoffs, I would have felt just as confident that he could steal any series and take us to the Finals.

Personally I prefer he moves to the east, because I would be fearful to face him in a playoff series. The guy is that good.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
FWIW... mentioned this deal to my roommate who is a Wings fan... He thinks LA would be nuts to take that deal...

I cant' say I know where I stand on this one. I like Zucker, but I really don't have as high of an opinion of him as others on this board.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
If you guys get Bernier, you're getting a #1 goalie. He's not a back up. He's just playing behind Quick. Up til the cup run, we've had a ton of arguments back and forth amongst each other on who the better goalie was. Quick is a bit more athletic on his side to side but that takes nothing away from Bernier. If you get him, you'll be set for years to come in goal.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
phant03, CL is not going to publicly rip his employees. jarick on wrong goalie decisions i'll add we should not have re-signed hards with hackett & others waiting 4 their chance. i maintain hackett wasnt staying here for a 4th yr in the A. ps 4 beegoalie on pommer. im sure we would like to re-sign him after next yr but what if he doesnt? we will have paid a helluva price for pommer to play only 100 games in a wild uniform. cheers

It isn't about ripping it is about how they came to the decision, but carry on with the "panic" bs in the face of evidence that counters it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
If we trade Zucker for Bernier, it would be a classic case of filling one hole while creating an even larger one. I really hope the rumor is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad