Possible Trade Ideas Volume Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Russo on Bernier

The Wild traded its 2013 first-round pick to Buffalo in April’s Jason Pominville deal. But the Wild has prospects to trade, with the Kings looking for a left winger. The Kings also would want a backup goalie in return and have asked for Darcy Kuemper, a source confirmed. The Wild traded third-string goalie Matt Hackett to the Sabres in the Pominville deal.

If he deals Hackett and a LW (won't be Heatley or Parise, so that leaves Zucker or Granlund), he'll all have destroyed the prospect base he built up.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Russo on Bernier

If he deals Hackett and a LW (won't be Heatley or Parise, so that leaves Zucker or Granlund), he'll all have destroyed the prospect base he built up.

Considering the fact that Granlund has been treated as a center prospect, my guess is that if we win the Bernier sweepstakes, it'll be Zucker going the other way with Kuemper. The cupboard will start to look pretty empty after that trade.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Considering the fact that Granlund has been treated as a center prospect, my guess is that if we win the Bernier sweepstakes, it'll be Zucker going the other way with Kuemper. The cupboard will start to look pretty empty after that trade.

Hell no! No trading Zucker!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Hell no! No trading Zucker!

I wouldn't make the trade even if it was Granlund. I'm not exactly the one who gets to decide, though. The Kings are likely asking for a fortune and if they want a LW, Zucker's the most likely candidate. It's not like the Kings would take Heatley.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
GMCF better back away from this price tag, my god Bernier has played good but he hasn't had the pressure of being a starting goalie.

also rumor has it that Wild are interested in MAF. I'd be down for getting him if the price is right.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
If he ends up giving them Zucker in some sort of package i will get so ****ing mad. Would be going hulk mode right here on the spot if it happens..

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I don't think it's likely that Fletch gives up Zucker. He was one of our better rookies. I'm fine with him inquiring on the price of Bernier, but please don't trade away our young prospects especially one as good as Zucker was. I think if we get Bernier, we will have to give up Kuemper which would suck also.

MAF is fine as long as we don't give up much for him.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
The thing is, why are so many people expect the Wild to trade Coyle or Zucker for a backup?

Doesn't make much sense as it'll never happen.

I doubt we trade Zucker or Coyle at all unless for big overpayment, you don't just give those kind of players up.

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
I really wouldn't mind the Wild making this trade as long as they can free up cap space and not give up any prospects. Bernier is young and his cap hit would be way lower than backstroms so if we could somehow give them gilbert and not have to resign backstrom and a couple other pieces we would have some serious cap room.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
The thing is, why are so many people expect the Wild to trade Coyle or Zucker for a backup?

Doesn't make much sense as it'll never happen.

I'm not expecting it... I'm just scared of it happening... Anything is possible when you look on the other trades made by Fletch..

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
No it's not possible especially for a freaking backup.

I agree with you, but the thing with Bernier is that I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling him as a starter. Everyone seems to think he's ready for that kind of responsibility, so they could be marketing him according to those evaluations instead of as a backup. Since he is unproven as a starter, I still see a backup there and none of our best prospects should be traded for one. But it sounds like they're asking for the price of a starter and then it comes down to how convinced Fletcher is. But with that said, it sounds like we're interested in every available goalie in the Northern hemisphere (Raanta, Bernier, MAF and God knows who else).

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Maybe Fletcher is just trying to bring down the price tag of Backstrom. So he can go into negotiations and say we would like to sign you for this or we're going to go with plan B.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
That's probably the way LA is selling him but let's be honest, he hasn't proved he's a #1 yet.

How many NHL games has he played so far?

Career: Games: 62 Starts: 54 Wins: 29 Losses: 20 OTL: 6
2.36 GAA .912 Save

I'm absolutely not OK with going after him if it costs us Kuemper AND someone like Zucker.

If Harding were 100% healthy, I'd be fine with giving up Kuemper for Bernier, but as is... We'd be paying with fire a bit.

Bernier as a starter? Harding as a backup? 1A/1B between them? Who backs up if/when Harding goes down?

I dunno, If they really want Bernier, they'll need to give up more than I think they should, and we almost HAVE to sign a vet who won't mind bouncing between here and Iowa in the event of Harding being hurt...

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm thinking something along the lines of Kuemper + Bulmer for Bernier. Remember, Bulmer is a LW too, and still has some value.

If the asking price, however, is really Zucker, then HELL NO.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
It's probably not in the Wild's plans (understandable) but at this point, I'd rather sign Theo if Backs doesn't re-sign.

At least it wouldn't cost a good prospect. Highly unlikely to happen though.

Last edited:

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Im tired of emptying our prospect pool.... BS

I have a feeling Fletcher pulled away from Bernier and is contacting Pittsburgh about Fleury now... maybe this is all just to get Backstrom to sign for cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad