Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Vancouver is a mess. But if they want to go down swinging with the guys they already have, I can't fault them for it. It doesn't sound like they're ready to retool that team yet, hence the steep asking prices.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 5 min
Edler has a NTC. But I do not know there's a list submitted. Some teams that were told he's no longer avail is due to lack of avail assets

I remember you said he had 4th most defencemen points (or points per 60min) on that span in whole NHL (or something like that).

yeah that was on the pp. and two of them aren't playing anymore (pronger and that one swede... wore #5 i think...). the third guy is ehrhoff. edler with 4.50 points per 60 on pp, ehrhoff with 4.58 p/60. kronwall is 10th with little under 4 points/60.

ES, he has 17th best points/60 the past 4 years among dmen with decent sample (rafalski etc. doesn't cut it). and of those 2 have played forward.

1 LETANG, KRIS Pittsburgh
2 FRANSON, CODY Toronto
3 YANDLE, KEITH Phoenix
4 KARLSSON, ERIK Ottawa
5 SHATTENKIRK, KEVIN St. Louis
6 GREEN, MIKE Washington
7 BYFUGLIEN, DUSTIN Winnipeg
8 ENSTROM, TOBIAS Winnipeg
9 BURNS, BRENT San Jose
10 KEITH, DUNCAN Chicago
11 CARLE, MATT Tampa Bay
12 HEDMAN, VICTOR Tampa Bay
13 VISNOVSKY, LUBOMIR NY Islanders
14 PIETRANGELO, ALEX St. Louis
15 GOLIGOSKI, ALEX Dallas
16 BOYLE, DAN San Jose
17 CARLSON, JOHN Washington

i see only goligoski and maybe franson being available. but both blow on D.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
You must be a big fan of the plus/minus stat, if I am right?

What is the cost that is too much for Edler? Do you have some insightful info?

I haven't seen any kind of pricetag for Edler yet.

He's never impressed me when watching him play.

Not trading a 1st for Alex Edler.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You must be a big fan of the plus/minus stat, if I am right?

What is the cost that is too much for Edler? Do you have some insightful info?

I haven't seen any kind of pricetag for Edler yet.

i would say our pricetage on edler should be something close to this

kindl
andersson
pulkinnen
pick

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Chemmy ‏@felixpotvin 18 min
McKenzie on NHL Tonight saying Vancouver will trade Kesler for a 20-25 year old “established C” and a top prospect.

I was also told Tuesday morning that the Red Wings still have not got into any player discussion with Vancouver on the Kesler front. While both clubs are believed to have talked last Thursday, to this point it hasn't got past that.

Is veteran Detroit GM Ken Holland lying in the weeds to see how the Kesler thing plays out? Perhaps.

Or maybe he's just more focused on what he really needs, a top-four defenseman.

We told you Monday of Detroit's interest in Christian Ehrhoff. That remained as of Tuesday morning according to sources but it wasn't going to happen at the sticker price the Sabres had on him.

Same as Detroit, Philadelphia's real need is a top-four defenseman more than anything. I know they really like Alexander Edler but as this point it appears the Canucks aren't keen on trading him unless it's a whopper of an offer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29402/rumblings-is-this-the-year-of-buyer-sanity

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
i would say our pricetage on edler should be something close to this

kindl
andersson
pulkinnen
pick

I would be ready to offer Kindl + Tatar + pick.

And we could replace Tatar with Pulkkinen on the roster. Then you have a right-handed "tatar" there.

Edler + Pulkkinen > Kindl + Tatar

Both PK units would finally have right-handed shooter (Alfredsson and Pulkkinen) and better quarterbacks (Edler at 1st unit) (Kronwall at 2nd unit). No more Ian White, Eaves or Sammy crap on the point.

Power-play would again possibly be our enforcer! :nod:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
looks like cory conacher is on waivers.. i wouldn't mind taking shot at him. but i doubt he either gets to the wings or that they'd claim him. he's like 5´8 after all.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
looks like cory conacher is on waivers.. i wouldn't mind taking shot at him. but i doubt he either gets to the wings or that they'd claim him. he's like 5´8 after all.

Wonder if Yzerman claims him back... :)

Whata superb trade that Bishop for Conacher was... :amazed:

It turned Tampa around and Ottawa got nothing. Ottawa did not either lost anything, because their goaltending still is great with Anderson+Lehner, but Yzerman was the BIG winner on this trade.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

And we could replace Tatar with Pulkkinen on the roster. Then you have a right-handed "tatar" there.

Both PK units would finally have right-handed shooter (Alfredsson and Pulkkinen) and better quarterbacks (Edler at 1st unit) (Kronwall at 2nd unit). No more Ian White, Eaves or Sammy crap on the point.

Wow.

Edler-Alfredsson and Kronwall-Pulkkinen PP units would be amazing.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Gillis is trying to grab as much assets as he can, I'll probably have a good chuckle when he overreaches and ends up with both Kesler and Edler in a Luongo-type situation and far less interest.

If the Schenn + 1st offer is legit, I'd only see if Pitt was willing to add Maatta with their package, before taking the offer and saying au revoir to Kesler.

He isn't going to get much more for Edler, which is why I hope he screws up even more and Vancouver will be forced to sell on the cheap.

What an egg-head.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Pookie ain't proved ****. Don't just assume he's gonna come in next year (probably will start in the AHL) and put up 20 goals.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why do we need another forward?

I have no idea how waivers work, what happens when we pick him up?

Can we send him to GR without his clearing waivers?

Can we flip him immediately? I thought Conacher was a decent player down in Tampa. What changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad