Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So realistically, does anyone think that the Wings will add or subtract that many pieces from the 13-14 team to the 14-15? I'm expecting a 90% carryover from this team to next year's team. I just don't see Kenny signing anyone especailly after the emergence of Sheahan, Tatar and Gus :dunno: The only significant thing I could see would be resigning Aflie and Legwand causing Jurco to start the year in the AHL.

I'm not expecting a huge turnover. I think we essentially have all of the pieces at forward that we'll see next year, in some combination. Maybe Alfie and/or Legwand come back forcing a kid or two off the roster, maybe they don't, but I don't expect a splash free agent signing or trade in that area.

On the blueline, I think Q is gone at minimum, and we see Kindl probably moved. And backup goalie, of course.

i think a miller-helm-glendening line would be even better

despite the fact abby is bigger and more aggressive then miller, miller is a more cerebral player and is so damn good on the pk he has to be in the lineup

unfortunately for jurco, if healthy abby should take his spot on that kid line and jurco sent back to GR

Since Miller's here, and he's unlikely to be moved, I'd be fine with that, too. I'm pretty up front about not being a big Miller fan, though. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him, either. There's a lot of talk around here about looking for a guy with a bit more grit and the ability to drop the gloves, and where that would fit...well, I think that wing spot on the fourth line is where it fits. Near impossible to find a decent guy who fits the bill, though, without paying through the nose.

I think this is the big hope with McKee at West Michigan. Learn to be a forward the next few years, do something more than skate around and rack up PMs, and there'll be a spot for him.

I rather watch Mrazek playing 50 ahl games than 20 nhl games. Monster had played great season and deserves a contract.

I'm in the same boat with Mrazek, not a fan of Monster, though. Injured way too much to be depended on as even a backup, it seems. I'd be curious about giving McCollum a look at the backup job. If we're fine with Mrazek being the backup, let them compete for it in camp. If McCollum looks like he can handle it, put Mrazek in GR to gain some serious every day type experience, and let McCollum back up in Detroit to maybe build a career for himself. A couple of years down the road, move McCollum out, Mrazek in to backup Howard for a year, and then see if he's ready to take the reins in Detroit.

Know what they say about the best laid plans, though.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
So realistically, does anyone think that the Wings will add or subtract that many pieces from the 13-14 team to the 14-15? I'm expecting a 90% carryover from this team to next year's team. I just don't see Kenny signing anyone especailly after the emergence of Sheahan, Tatar and Gus :dunno: The only significant thing I could see would be resigning Aflie and Legwand causing Jurco to start the year in the AHL.

I don't see any external additions to the forwards in the off-season.

The defense - as much as it pains me to say this - could remain the same as well, despite all indications that it needs a shake-up. While I would love to see Kindl shipped off in the off-season, Kenny isn't known for making trades until he's backed into a corner. On the flip side, I could see him panicking and re-signing Quincey the second some targeted UFA defenseman takes a day or two to make a decision on a Detroit offer. The one saving grace may be that Quincey seems to overvalue himself (the evidence being what his rumored asking price was in Colorado as a RFA and what he signed for in Detroit) and will want to test the market before re-signing with the Wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't see any external additions to the forwards in the off-season.

I don't think that's a given. I think that depends on Alfredsson.

If Alfredsson retires, I could see them pushing for a top 9 RH fwd. Someone like Setoguchi maybe. Either that, or maybe go for a RH UFA D like Zidlicky.

But I really can't see Babs being ok with 2 PP units without a single righty.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
alffie will come back

jurco nwill be in grand rapids to start

ferraro and callahan will pass thru waivers

kindl will hopefully be shipped and/or quincey not resigned and we get a zidlicky and then bump ericsson down to the third pairing to actually make it both good and a true shutdown pairing

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
alffie will come back

jurco nwill be in grand rapids to start

ferraro and callahan will pass thru waivers

kindl will hopefully be shipped and/or quincey not resigned and we get a zidlicky and then bump ericsson down to the third pairing to actually make it both good and a true shutdown pairing

What would your defensive units look like with Ericsson on the 3rd pair?

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
How would you guys feel about say Dougie Hamilton? Yay or Nay? What would it take? Bruins are in a cap pickle and it would be fun to see a ginger in red.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How would you guys feel about say Dougie Hamilton? Yay or Nay? What would it take? Bruins are in a cap pickle and it would be fun to see a ginger in red.

Dougie is exactly what we need IMO.

Have to figure he's pretty much untouchable from the Bruins perspective, though.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Dougie is exactly what we need IMO.

Have to figure he's pretty much untouchable from the Bruins perspective, though.

I would think something along the lines of Tatar + 1st would atleast let them hear us out but I could be wrong I know they scratch him, Bartkowski, and Krug from time to time. Cost controlled players would have to go to them but I don't know since I haven't seen his name too much in the trade section.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Would love to have him on the Wings, He's exactly what we need. Just not sure that I would want to do Tatar + for him though.

It would allow Jurco to play in the lineup as I feel he as earned it but yeah losing Tatar would really suck but getting a young RHD would help me cope with it.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It would allow Jurco to play in the lineup as I feel he as earned it but yeah losing Tatar would really suck but getting a young RHD would help me cope with it.

Yup we could use Dougie big time, He's a young big tough RHD exactly what we need and like you said It would give Jurco some playing time in the lineup! Actually I would be more then happy to give up Tatar + for Dougie Hamilton, I would rather give up Tatar then one of either Nyquist or Jurco.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
At the start of the year I would have been okay moving Tatar, but now I think he's just too dangerous...

Then again, defense is where this team is struggling. I don't know. Give to get, I suppose. That would make me think, for sure.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
our dcorps in grand rapids is basically at the same spot our forward corps was down there this time last year and who has emerged, nyquist, tatar, sheahan, jurco and glendening

we need a stop gap like zidlicky and then just give it some more time for some of those guys in our system to push through in a big way

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
our dcorps in grand rapids is basically at the same spot our forward corps was down there this time last year and who has emerged, nyquist, tatar, sheahan, jurco and glendening

we need a stop gap like zidlicky and then just give it some more time for some of those guys in our system to push through in a big way
Yeah, I agree. I have a feeling that Ouellet/Sproul/Backman will all be ready at the same time. The only guy I could see pulling ahead would be Marchenko, but even he might stay down for a bit.

In a year's time, we'll be talking about those guys like we are a Jurco now. Until then, I hope Kenny grabs a decent guy who can munch 18 or so minutes without too much trouble. If he does that, he can dump Quincey, keep Almquist, and save some cap. Though I think it's more likely for Holland to sign a stopgap, keep Quincey, and let Almquist go. It'd be a bad move, but he's the type to make that kind of move.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
Yeah, I agree. I have a feeling that Ouellet/Sproul/Backman will all be ready at the same time. The only guy I could see pulling ahead would be Marchenko, but even he might stay down for a bit.

In a year's time, we'll be talking about those guys like we are a Jurco now. Until then, I hope Kenny grabs a decent guy who can munch 18 or so minutes without too much trouble. If he does that, he can dump Quincey, keep Almquist, and save some cap. Though I think it's more likely for Holland to sign a stopgap, keep Quincey, and let Almquist go. It'd be a bad move, but he's the type to make that kind of move.

Could see him doing either, but I'd kill for anything to change the Kindl - Lashoff pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad