Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Allow me to say how sad it makes me seeing Tatar offered up in so many of our trade proposals.

I can see the benefit of consolidating talent /picks into a single, better player -- but damn I love the way he plays, and hope's he's with us for a long time.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Ehrhoff really intrigues me and is a hockey move. The price is always the problem with me though (and Ken Holland post lockout).

I'm not interested in moving any of the young forwards currently playing in Detroit nor an I interested in moving Mantha.

Pulkkinen, Andersson, Ferraro, Kindl, either AA, and potentially any of our defenceman not named Sproul I might pull the trigger on depending on the total package.

I'm not intersted in dealing a 1st either. A 2nd is negotiable.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Allow me to say how sad it makes me seeing Tatar offered up in so many of our trade proposals.

I can see the benefit of consolidating talent /picks into a single, better player -- but damn I love the way he plays, and hope's he's with us for a long time.

Yeah I'm with you there. He's a special depth player that changes the dynamic of a 3rd line.

I find it especially annoying when people talk about rather trading Tatar than Pulkkinen. That's crazy talk to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I'm with you there. He's a special depth player that changes the dynamic of a 3rd line.

I find it especially annoying when people talk about rather trading Tatar than Pulkkinen. That's crazy talk to me.

Because Tatar has more value and might actually got a trade done. It's not because people want to get rid of him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ehrhoff really intrigues me and is a hockey move. The price is always the problem with me though (and Ken Holland post lockout).

I'm not interested in moving any of the young forwards currently playing in Detroit nor an I interested in moving Mantha.

Pulkkinen, Andersson, Ferraro, Kindl, either AA, and potentially any of our defenceman not named Sproul I might pull the trigger on depending on the total package.

I'm not intersted in dealing a 1st either. A 2nd is negotiable.

If we could get a trade done without giving up the guys you are talking about it I'm pretty confident we would have done it by now. Think the hang up is teams are set on trying to get one of the guys Holland won't let go. And for once, I don't blame him.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Because Tatar has more value and might actually got a trade done. It's not because people want to get rid of him.
I think Nyquist holds a little more value because he's better in the defensive zone. You can teach defense though. It's mostly positioning, support and discipline.

But then again, I'm not watching Tatar because I want to see what he does in the defensive zone. That's why you have Riley as his center on the line.

edit: I saw the comparison was Pulkkinen and Tatar rendering this post whatever

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
The only good reasoning I've heard for trading Tatar is that he's an upcoming RFA and since the Wings have treated him like ****, he may be difficult to negotiate with or bolt to the KHL.

Aug 6, 2012
If we lose Tatar, we lose the vast majority of our depth scoring, and a guy who brings a different element to the ice. I think he gets really undervalued around here sometimes.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
After being saddled with aging vets and has beens.... it's refreshing to finally see the franchise breathing a bit with the kids.... I say something minor, moving some dead weight (KFQ, Sammy) or someone like Ferraro who is a decent prospect but in a log jam. With Z out, this isn't the year to go all in but could be a big year for the future of the franchise.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The only good reasoning I've heard for trading Tatar is that he's an upcoming RFA and since the Wings have treated him like ****, he may be difficult to negotiate with or bolt to the KHL.

I think it's more because he's a good young player, and could net a good return.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I was more hinting at reasons why people are so quick to throw Tats into proposals more predominately, while Jurco, Nyquist and Sheahan aren't.

more like people view Nyquist and Jurco as future core pieces and Sheahan is a Center

Tatar is and will be a good player but he's more of a depth guy

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah, it may have taken longer than he (and we) wanted but he's in the NHL now and seems to be having a blast.

Yup now that's he's up full time, And he's having fun and scoring I don't see him going any where both Tatar and Dekeyser will be resigned before to long. The way Holland talked pretty sure that he will get them both locked up here shortly.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
more like people view Nyquist and Jurco as future core pieces and Sheahan is a Center

Tatar is and will be a good player but he's more of a depth guy

OK, it's been a while since the Wings had a just a "depth guy" that's capable of scoring 25-30 goals a season potentially. Tat's has a lot of heart and soul out there for just a "depth" guy.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'd hate to see Tatar moved. Besides for Datsyuk he is by far the most exciting player to watch. Also, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Wings player with the desire to score goals like Tatar. The guy just loves to score

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
OK, it's been a while since the Wings had a just a "depth guy" that's capable of scoring 25-30 goals a season potentially. Tat's has a lot of heart and soul out there for just a "depth" guy.

oh he's a good depth guy to be sure but he's not gonna be a core piece and with the depth the Wings have there with Nyquist and Jurco and Mantha(and even someone like Pulkkinen who also won't be more than a depth guy but still) the Wings can look at maybe moving him

nobody's advocating we just give him away or anything like that but if he can be the centerpiece for someone like an Ehrhoff? that's worth pursuing

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I'd hate to see Tatar moved. Besides for Datsyuk he is by far the most exciting player to watch. Also, I can't remember the last time I've seen a Wings player with the desire to score goals like Tatar. The guy just loves to score

When he put it through that defensemen's legs one or two games ago and then hit the post, I think it was in that moment I realized just how great it is to see these young guys finally getting their chance. Or Jurco's wraparound attempt that didn't go in.

Winning is fun, but so is exciting hockey -- and that's ten times more exciting than watching a battered core of veterans try to grind out 2-1 wins with the likes of Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Pulk is doing great in GR and has that thing we need and love. A booming righty shot. Would love to have both, but in terms of need, feel like we need Pulk more.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If a deal was going to get done for Edler it would have been done by now. I have no interest in Kesler who could quickly become Bert 2.0. He's past his sell-by date. Let the Canucks choke on that contract.

All I've wanted since #5 retired was for our kids to get a chance to show what they've got. They've done nothing but impress. Work on getting a legit offensive d-man during free agency, a guy like Boyle, Timonen or Markov would work. All of these guys other than Markov are in obvious decline so I'd only do a short 1-2 year deal. I'd be willing to give Markov a 3-4 year deal.

If you fan on them - this is Ken Holland we are talking about - then start playing Backman, Sproul, Marchenko and Ouellet in Detroit. No one is going to ****ing believe Quincey and Kindl provide us with "depth" on defense. So let's avoid making the same mistake on defense we made on offense and just get the youth movement started. :yo:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If a deal was going to get done for Edler it would have been done by now. I have no interest in Kesler who could quickly become Bert 2.0. He's past his sell-by date. Let the Canucks choke on that contract.

All I've wanted since #5 retired was for our kids to get a chance to show what they've got. They've done nothing but impress. Work on getting a legit offensive d-man during free agency, a guy like Boyle, Timonen or Markov would work. All of these guys other than Markov are in obvious decline so I'd only do a short 1-2 year deal. I'd be willing to give Markov a 3-4 year deal.

If you fan on them - this is Ken Holland we are talking about - then start playing Backman, Sproul, Marchenko and Ouellet in Detroit. No one is going to ****ing believe Quincey and Kindl provide us with "depth" on defense. So let's avoid making the same mistake on defense we made on offense and just get the youth movement started. :yo:

*starts the slow clap*

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: