Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 5m
Goalie Michal Neuvirth is heading back to the Sabres in the Jaroslav Halak deal.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
lol holland...you have got to be kidding me. jarnkrok is better than collberg and that got vanek....embarrassing deal...if true.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wow what an awful ****ing trade. Didn't Holland say he was not going to move any young pieces for rentals?

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Assuming we can sign Legwand for another year or two which I doubt will happen since he'll either walk or sign for a longer term (4+ years). Where do you guys see him fitting? As of now, we will have the following forwards next year under contract:

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Weiss
Nyquist
Tatar
Jurco
Sheahan
Helm
Abdelkader
Andersson

That's not a bad group, but we need to start paying more attention to some of the prospects we have in our system. Jarnkrok is just one example of a fed up prospect that wanted to get a chance and did not, we need to watch out for the other prospects that are doing well (Pulkkinen for example). Anyways, I think it will come down to resigning either Legwand or Alffie, can't afford to sign both and I would prefer Legwand due to age. This would not be a bad line-up:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Weiss
Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Helm - Andersson - Abdelkader
Miller

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Great so we trade for an rental In Legwand, Something that Ken Holland said that we would never do. And yet we still don't address the backend of our defense that's just great! And to make things worse give up Jarnkrok for a rental In Legwand has Holland lost his marbles again.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Wow what an awful ****ing trade. Didn't Holland say he was not going to move any young pieces for rentals?

Yup that's what he said, I guess with Zetterberg out for the season and Datsyuk out for 3 weeks and who knows about Helm and Weiss he has to be desperate. Legwand being a local kid I cant believe that Holland would get rid of Jarnkrok unless he and Legwands agent had an agreement with extending him in mind though.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-deal-in-place-for-edler-but-canucks-blew-it/

Apparently the Bruins had a deal in place for Edler that fell through when Pittsburgh didn't get Kesler.

Fluto Shinzawa of The Boston Globe reports the Canucks had a deal set to go with the Boston Bruins on trade deadline day that would’ve sent Alex Edler to the Bruins, but there was a hangup:

They were waiting for the Canucks to deal Ryan Kesler to Pittsburgh first.

As we know, that never happened. The Penguins’ deal for Kesler was reportedly for Brandon Sutter and draft picks, but the two sides couldn’t agree. According to Shinzawa, the Bruins were set to send either Ryan Spooner or Alexander Khoklachev and Matt Bartkowski to Vancouver for Edler.

What would the equivalent have been from Detroit? That price seems lower than a lot of people were speculating.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-deal-in-place-for-edler-but-canucks-blew-it/

Apparently the Bruins had a deal in place for Edler that fell through when Pittsburgh didn't get Kesler.

What would the equivalent have been from Detroit? That price seems lower than a lot of people were speculating.

By those names it looks like they were looking for centers.

May be something around Janrkrok + Kindl + pick comparing to the Alexander Khoklachev and Matt Bartkowski deal.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
By those names it looks like they were looking for centers.

May be something around Janrkrok + Kindl + pick comparing to the Alexander Khoklachev and Matt Bartkowski deal.

koko is like calle, sheahan is like spooner imo.

bart is closer to dekeyser than kindl.

ot but edler was kind of bad in last night's dallas game. at least through first 2 periods, didn't watch the third.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
koko is like calle, sheahan is like spooner imo.

bart is closer to dekeyser than kindl.

ot but edler was kind of bad in last night's dallas game. at least through first 2 periods, didn't watch the third.

I agree with the forwards pretty much but with Sheahans size I would give him a slight higher value. In regards to Bart thats why I added Kindl and the pick. Plus I'm the last person left in the Kindl fan club.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I agree with the forwards pretty much but with Sheahans size I would give him a slight higher value. In regards to Bart thats why I added Kindl and the pick. Plus I'm the last person left in the Kindl fan club.

i still think kindl could be solid dman. just find it unlikely to happen in detroit.

but yeah, that seems low price. i think bobby mac reported much higher asking price iirc.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Would you guy be willing to give up some of the prospects to get a top defenseman?

I'm not good when it comes to assessing the value of players in a trade... (Not too many are around here from what I read)

For example, would you guy be willing to part lets say with guys like Nyquist and Tatar for Weber per se?

This isn't necessarily the offer, I just wonder what fellow Wing fans think.

Propose your own!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would cost more than we can even offer to land Weber.

It comes down to names, i would be very interested in Ehrhoff if the price is right. It comes down to availability and in terms of names you are willing to part with it depends on who is truly available out there within reason in terms of cost.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Would cost more than we can even offer to land Weber.

It comes down to names, i would be very interested in Ehrhoff if the price is right. It comes down to availability and in terms of names you are willing to part with it depends on who is truly available out there within reason in terms of cost.

Yeah I kind of figure. Weber's don't exactly grow on trees. I just wonder if it worth giving up two (Not sure if I can cell them prospect anymore) young, seemingly promising guys for such a deal. Though I'm not sure what else we can possibly give up without making Red Wings worse off.
Would you consider such a deal for Ehrhoff. Shipping Tata or Nyquist or possibly both?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
As Tatar and Nyquist are quite promising right now, i won't trade them away - even if it's for a guy like Ehrhoff.
Question itself - trading young players away for a value asset like Ehrhoff - totally depends on the players u think of.

Last edited:

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
As Tatar and Nyquist are quite promising right now, i won't trade them away - even if it's for a guy like Ehrhoff.
Question itself - trading young players away for a value asset like Ehrhoff - totally depends on the players u think of.

Different case scenario but, would you be willing to part ways with them at the deadline next year if lets say other prospects show similar potential? (Jurco, Mantha etc..) Ofcourse, this is also assuming that no defenseman is acquired during summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland