Positivity Thread

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Really impressed with the Jets physical play against the Leafs. Could be an ingredient to our game that we haven't leveraged enough against them, given how well it worked last night. I feel like it is a box we can tick in terms of an advantage (provided we use it) if we cross paths with the Leafs in the post season.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets motivated Me to hydrate Myself...

I was able to vent My frustrations in an obtuse way...

It's all about the variants... and I mean that in the most positive, Gulag Archipelago way...

giphy.gif

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
I'm seeing someone having troubles with their hands. Handing the puck is an odyssey. I do see however some force to his game lately. He's 22 years old. Yes patience, patience and patience. Much promise there. If he's only going to be selective when he's going to be a force/beast, when someone pokes the bear in the eye with a sharp stick. That reminds me of Buff. Incredible talent but doesn't always bring it out unless motivated by getting mad. Who's going to set a fire under his ass respectfully or is this a growing up thing? I was a world class talent in s[ports. I now watch and wonder, having never played hockey, why talented players like this aren't always motivated especially when it's in their best interest and the teams for that matter?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'm seeing someone having troubles with their hands. Handing the puck is an odyssey. I do see however some force to his game lately. He's 22 years old. Yes patience, patience and patience. Much promise there. If he's only going to be selective when he's going to be a force/beast, when someone pokes the bear in the eye with a sharp stick. That reminds me of Buff. Incredible talent but doesn't always bring it out unless motivated by getting mad. Who's going to set a fire under his ass respectfully or is this a growing up thing? I was a world class talent in s[ports. I now watch and wonder, having never played hockey, why talented players like this aren't always motivated especially when it's in their best interest and the teams for that matter?

There is a shyte load of truth in this post. Followed by a compelling question. I will take a stab:

A: Logic never motivates a huge majority of elite athletes. And perhaps that is why sports psychology exists.

I think some can generate that elusive inner anger/fire/desire - some easily. For others, its much more difficult. But when it happens, look out. :nod:. Buff was the *perfect* archtype of the latter, and we may be discussing Buff Jr. I would like to thank Simmonds for his on-ice motivational lecture last evening, as well.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
There is a shyte load of truth in this post. Followed by a compelling question. I will take a stab:

A: Logic never motivates a huge majority of elite athletes. And perhaps that is why sports psychology exists.

I think some can generate that elusive inner anger/fire/desire - some easily. For others, its much more difficult. But when it happens, look out. :nod:. Buff was the *perfect* archtype of the latter, and we may be discussing Buff Jr. I would like to thank Simmonds for his on-ice motivational lecture last evening, as well.

Agreed. I think we did see some fire from him last night along with a couple of scoring chances. So, things are turning around.

But if I was him last night, I would have thanked Simmonds a little more physically as he was looking for it last night. This may have amped up individual game and our team game a little more last night.

I would think that talking to a fellow centre man like Stastny could get his game on track. Stats would be the perfect leader for this sort of thing.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Positive.......at least we didn't load up at the TDL.

100% agree. We preserved our 1st round pick that actually dropped from 20th currently to 19th because Arizona lost their pick. That's a positive. :laugh:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I viewed this as a building year anyway. Low expectations going into a playoff series with Edmonton is good for us. The pressure will be on them. If we bow out early, it was expected. If we go on a run, then we shock the hockey world and the boys carry a high going in against Toronto. Then you never know what can happen with their fragile goal tending situation in TO.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would relish a chance to play Toronto in the playoffs.
Enough of the whining and crying around here and especially time for those that are hoping for us to lose to prove whatever point they think is important to start eating some crow. Things turn around tonight. Every team has a losing streak at some point and this was ours. We win tonight and turn the tide then get healthy for the playoffs. Whose in?

Reactions: Jets 31 and blues10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So let me at it!!

We are getting the worst stretch of play in 2.0 history out of the way before the playoffs.

Thank god it’s happening during the second exhibition season.

I did not waist a dime paying for tickets for this stretch of games.

These don't tend to last forever.

Our fan bases expectations are probably no longer unrealistic.

our opposition will definitely be looking past us in the first round.

Helly will be the first goalie to get 82 starts in during a 52 game season.

Go Jets Go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad