Positivity Thread

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Toronto might want to look over their shoulders, Winnipeg heading to their Penthouse..
817FA793-1E12-4152-88AF-FD983CD83C50.jpeg

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Still above a 6 points in 5 games pace.

I identified a stretch of games that I felt would challenge us and hoped we would get 10 points in 11 games (Montreal x 6 Toronto x 3 Vancouver x 2) and we emerged with 13 points over that stretch which was pretty solid.

32 games played with 30 left. We have 6 more sets of 5 games.

Despite allot of complaining away from this thread the Jets are pacing for a 102 point season over 82 as of this morning.

Reactions: Krauser and Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Still above a 6 points in 5 games pace.

I identified a stretch of games that I felt would challenge us and hoped we would get 10 points in 11 games (Montreal x 6 Toronto x 3 Vancouver x 2) and we emerged with 13 points over that stretch which was pretty solid.

32 games played with 30 left. We have 6 more sets of 5 games.

Despite allot of complaining away from this thread the Jets are pacing for a 102 point season over 82 as of this morning.

Jets have 24 games left which makes less than 5 sets of 5 games. But that's ok, the crunch time is for Calgary and Vancouver now, extremely difficult for either of them to make up ground now (especially with both having regulation losses yesterday). If 68-70 points is the magic number to clinch Calgary needs to go like 17-5-1 and Vancouver 16-3-1. Jets need to go 14-10-0. I can't in all honesty see Calgary and Vancouver powering to the end of the season with records like that.

Playoff teams will likely be Toronto Winnipeg Edmonton Montreal, only thing left is figuring out who plays who.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Jets have 24 games left which makes less than 5 sets of 5 games. But that's ok, the crunch time is for Calgary and Vancouver now, extremely difficult for either of them to make up ground now (especially with both having regulation losses yesterday). If 68-70 points is the magic number to clinch Calgary needs to go like 17-5-1 and Vancouver 16-3-1. Jets need to go 14-10-0. I can't in all honesty see Calgary and Vancouver powering to the end of the season with records like that.

Playoff teams will likely be Toronto Winnipeg Edmonton Montreal, only thing left is figuring out who plays who.

Looks like it. That stretch in April where we play 7 games in a row of only Toronto and Edmonton - that's the key to our season.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like it. That stretch in April where we play 7 games in a row of only Toronto and Edmonton - that's the key to our season.

I'd actually rather face Toronto in the first round than Edmonton/McDavid or Montreal. We just don't play that great against Montreal.

I'd also pencil in the 3 game series upcoming against Calgary, that's a good chance to bury them.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The math is getting pretty tough for Vancouver and Calgary, and good for the Jets.

If the Jets just go 0.500 in points % over the final 24 games (e.g. 12-12, or 10-10-4), then here is what the Canucks and Flames need to do:

Canucks: 0.725 over 20 games (e.g. 14-5-1)
Flames: 0.674 over 23 games (e.g. 15-7-1)

Only 3 teams (TB, VGK and CAR) have achieved the points % that the Canucks would need, and only 7 teams have accomplished what the Flames would need (add WAS, FLA, COL and NYI).

Of course, if the Jets go just a couple of games over 0.500, then the math becomes even more daunting for the Canucks and Flames.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The separation is getting more clear in the North. Calgary really has to turn it around soon.

upload_2021-3-23_13-0-21.png

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The separation is getting more clear in the North. Calgary really has to turn it around soon.

View attachment 411485
Calgary losing to Ottawa last night and then trying to keep the game puck so Ottawa's rookie goalie who picked up his first career win couldn't have it just sums up Calgary to a tee. Losers that are losing. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Calgary losing to Ottawa last night and then trying to keep the game puck so Ottawa's rookie goalie who picked up his first career win couldn't have it just sums up Calgary to a tee. Losers that are losing. :nod:
I really don't like any other NHL teams much, but there's something extra about the Flames that I dislike.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Said the Jets would finish 1st at the beginning of the season and i'm sticking to it. 1st line doesn't have a good game no worries the 2nd line will score. 2nd line doesn't score no worries the 3rd line will score. :nod:

Reactions: Dirtbag151 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Leafs are starting to feel the pressure from the Jets.

I think the Jets could handle the Leafs a lot easier than the Oilers. For some reason, they have more trouble against Edmonton. They seem to play very well against the Leafs.

The Jets have not found a way to neutralize or somehow cope with the speed of McDavid, which kills them. Toronto on the other hand, has no trouble handling the Oilers.

So -- I hope the Jets do not face the Oilers until Round 2 of the playoffs, that is providing the Jets make the playoffs, which is quite likely.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Said the Jets would finish 1st at the beginning of the season and i'm sticking to it. 1st line doesn't have a good game no worries the 2nd line will score. 2nd line doesn't score no worries the 3rd line will score. :nod:

All posts from @Jets 31 get an "automatic like" from me, adding to his record total of likes on here. The sky is the limit.:nod:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

ok that’s hilarious I think I had it in my head the NHL is playing 62 game season this year.

It is a sprint to the finish line now so it’s going to be very hard for Calgary to catch up to the playoff pack.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
ok that’s hilarious I think I had t in my head the NHL is a 62 game season this year.

It is a sprint to the finish line now so it’s going to be very hard for Calgary to catch up to the pack now.

As of this morning, Calgary will have to go 16-3-3 to get to 68 points. They are done, unless Sutter can squeeze a miracle out of them. Just can't see it happening.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As of this morning, Calgary will have to go 16-3-3 to get to 68 points. They are done, unless Sutter can squeeze a miracle out of them. Just can't see it happening.

If Sutter was going to do that it needed to start as soon as he came in. Flames are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games and just dumped 2 in a row to Ottawa. They need to sweep us in the next 3 games and even that won’t be enough.

They are in the spot we use to be with Pavs every year as the season wound down. If we just go 8-2 we’re set.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Compared to previous years, we've had so few injuries this season somehow. I thought we would be dropping like flies, similar to what the NFL saw this year. The lack of mangames lost is a huge plus, hopefully it continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad