Positivity Thread

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
With Stanley looking like an NHL player, the Jets have now have a very low "miss" rate for their 1st round picks...

Scheifele
Trouba
Morrissey
Ehlers
Connor
Roslovic
Laine
Stanley
Vesalainen (?)
Heinola (?)
Perfetti (?)

Only one top 5 pick, and average pick at around #14. That is a very good rate of success, particularly if Vesalainen, Perfetti and Heinola make the NHL.
Is making the league enough with a 1st rd pick or do players have to be impact makers?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is making the league enough with a 1st rd pick or do players have to be impact makers?
Both... several impact players in that list. No matter how you slice it, if Vesalainen, Heinola and Perfetti all become NHLers (seems reasonable that at least 2 of 3 will), the Jets will have "hit" on 10 or 11 out of 11 1st round picks. That is a remarkably good success rate.

Basically, over 80% of top-10 picks become NHL players, about 60% of players picked in the rest of the 1st round become NHLers.

(From: NHL Draft Pick Probabilities)
upload_2021-5-27_19-28-30.png

upload_2021-5-27_19-30-20.png

It's behind a pay wall, but there was an analysis that showed that actual player value dropped sharply in the 1st round By the numbers: Revisiting the true value of a draft pick).

upload_2021-5-27_19-33-3.png

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yes, the Leafs lost, and back to Montreal for Game 6, and I hope the Habs win that, so whatever team comes out in 7 games, they will be a bit tired, and will only help the Jets.

I was listening to Chris Cuthbert on the call, and he said there will be fans in the building for Game 6 ( it's about time) so I'm wondering if this happens, does this mean we'll have fans in the MTS Center for the next round, and see the "White Out."

Love to see it, and see "no reason" why we can't have this. :nod:

Anybody know if we'll have our fans in the building ???

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yes, the Leafs lost, and back to Montreal for Game 6, and I hope the Habs win that, so whatever team comes out in 7 games, they will be a bit tired, and will only help the Jets.

I was listening to Chris Cuthbert on the call, and he said there will be fans in the building for Game 6 ( it's about time) so I'm wondering if this happens, does this mean we'll have fans in the MTS Center for the next round, and see the "White Out."

Love to see it, and see "no reason" why we can't have this. :nod:

Anybody know if we'll have our fans in the building ???
I'm willing to say it's 100% likely we won't have fans

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm willing to say it's 100% likely we won't have fans

You may be right, and maybe this is a Provincial health matter, but if Montreal, New York and other US cities can have fans, I just don't understand the government blocking our owner, of having fans.

We are a small market, and the Jets could sure use the Gate revenue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

You may be right, and maybe this is a Provincial health matter, but if Montreal, New York and other US cities can have fans, I just don't understand the government blocking our owner, of having fans.

We are a small market, and the Jets could sure use the Gate revenue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out.
maybe it has to do with the fact that manitoba is the worst covid hotspot in all of north america, anyways this is suppose to be the positivity thread so I don't understand the need to even bring up covid....

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
maybe it has to do with the fact that manitoba is the worst covid hotspot in all of north america, anyways this is suppose to be the positivity thread so I don't understand the need to even bring up covid....

Your right, this is supposed to be the positivity thread, so why make such "negative" BS comments. New York was a Covid hotspot, and their packing fans in their building -- no masks, social distancing etc.

I want to see a "positive" outcome from the Vaccine, that is a preventative cure, to bring business and people back to a normal state of living. We won't see eye to eye on this matter, so let's drop it.

If you have a vaccine that works, which it does, you have "no Covid 19"
but some people want to keep playing the Virus game ?? I don't get it.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Your right, this is supposed to be the positivity thread, so why make such "negative" BS comments. New York was a Covid hotspot, and their packing fans in their building -- no masks, social distancing etc.

I want to see a "positive" outcome from the Vaccine, that is a preventative cure, to bring business and people back to a normal state of living. We won't see eye to eye on this matter, so let's drop it.

please explain to me what is bs about my comment? you think I don't want to see a positive outcome from this vaccine? wtf are you even reading, I said we won't see fans in the building right now because we are literally the worst spot for covid cases in all of north america and just because you have a vaccine that works doesn't mean you can magically snap your fingers and get rid of covid overnight...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
please explain to me what is bs about my comment? you think I don't want to see a positive outcome from this vaccine? wtf are you even reading, I said we won't see fans in the building right now because we are literally the worst spot for covid cases in all of north america and just because you have a vaccine that works doesn't mean you can magically snap your fingers and get rid of covid overnight...
No use arguing with him. He never would have done anything to stop the virus and is seriously uninformed about anything to do with it. As already stated we are sending patients to other provinces and he wants them to open things up! Not a f***ing clue

Last edited:

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

I would love to see fans in the stands, once we don't have to send dozens of ICU patients to other provinces because we don't have space and hospitals aren't running out of oxygen. Hopefully the Jets make a deep run and it can happen by the end, but it ain't happening next round.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Positive for me is the way they played in the oilers series completely changed my pessimistic view on how the teams built , deployed etc etc

I have a lot of faith in the vision right now and In the team in general.

go jets go baby.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don’t see us as a cup contender, I see us as a serious underdogs vs the Leafs in rd 2 (Habs are done next game).....but at worse we’re still going to end up as the 2nd best team in Canada which is much better then most people thought we were before the season started......that’s very positive to me and full credit to the team for that. Very happy with that result if it happens.
Don’t have to worry about this anymore! :DD

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I missed the "backwards walk of shame" live stream for that Finnish journo that did bet against the Jets on the first round, but he did the get the punishment. The stream is totally in Finnish, with no English subtitles etc:

Odds were against the Jets on the first round, but that did end up in 4-0 series win.
Now w/o Scheifele and down to 1 against Habs, odds are against against the Jets, but win in 5 is still possible!

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad