Positivity Thread

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Love that we made the playoffs , get Ehlers back in the lineup and play Heinola and Stanley and we could do some damage especially if Helly plays like last night. Go Jets Go!!! :laugh:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I B' positive blood type...

Shot an 80 the other day...

My Diamond face wedge came in...

The Jets won yesterday for the first time in 7 games...

It's Friday tomorrow...

Monday the temperature is forecast to go up to 15 degrees...

I'm out of breath... so positive in here now...

:laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t see us as a cup contender, I see us as a serious underdogs vs the Leafs in rd 2 (Habs are done next game).....but at worse we’re still going to end up as the 2nd best team in Canada which is much better then most people thought we were before the season started......that’s very positive to me and full credit to the team for that. Very happy with that result if it happens.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I don’t see us as a cup contender, I see us as a serious underdogs vs the Leafs in rd 2 (Habs are done next game).....but at worse we’re still going to end up as the 2nd best team in Canada which is much better then most people thought we were before the season started......that’s very positive to me and full credit to the team for that. Very happy with that result if it happens.
That post is borderline for the positivity thread, but we'll allow it lol

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I love this team for making me eat a big 'ol bag of negativity crow.

And I'm positive I will continue to be pessimistic and critical in gdt's.

Reactions: DashingDane

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets will eat the Leafs lunch.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Jets will eat the Leafs lunch.
I think it will go at least 6 and wouldn't surprise me if it went to 7 games.
They have better forward depth than Deadmonton (even with JT out) and their D is much better.
We have better forwards with JT out and are better in goal with them having a better D.
I think our high end players have more playoff experience and I am confident that Maurice will have a good game plan prepared.
I guess what I'm trying to say is ...
I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think it will go at least 6 and wouldn't surprise me if it went to 7 games.
They have better forward depth than Deadmonton (even with JT out) and their D is much better.
We have better forwards with JT out and are better in goal with them having a better D.
I think our high end players have more playoff experience and I am confident that Maurice will have a good game plan prepared.
I guess what I'm trying to say is ...
I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!
Holl, Muzzin, Rielly ... all very low IQ players in the defensive end. Forecheck them hard and don’t give them any time and they’ll make mistakes. Brodie is solid; Bogosian shouldn’t be in the league anymore.

Re: netminders — Campbell has looked relatively shakey, Montreal just has no threats to score. The Jets need to get on him early.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Holl, Muzzin, Rielly ... all very low IQ players in the defensive end. Forecheck them hard and don’t give them any time and they’ll make mistakes. Brodie is solid; Bogosian shouldn’t be in the league anymore.
Delete

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yup. Now one of 8 teams left in the NHL playoffs. Not what I expected at the beginning of the season, considering the major gaps on D.

Reactions: ps241 and Buffdog

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yup. Now one of 8 teams left in the NHL playoffs. Not what I expected at the beginning of the season, considering the major gaps on D.

Agreed. When can debate whether Chevy could/should of added a top 4 D better then what we have now during last offseason.....but the fact is once the season started we have the D core that we have (TDL he tried but was blocked by no movement clause) and the Jets have overachieved all season in most peoples eyes. Some didn’t even have the Jets as a playoff team, never mind advancing to the 2nd rd. So in my eyes, while we need to continue to improve our top 4 D via FA/trade/internally, this season was a success even if we lose in the 2nd rd (TBD).

Im really waiting to hear if PLD has fought a season long injury or not. Then regardless of the answer I want to see him next year with a full camp, full offseason and no drama.........my expectation is he will be much improved over this year and back to his 55-65 point pace which is what most of us were expecting and want.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We have a few advantages over the Leafs -
The most obvious is in the net - Helle is miles above what they have. Our shooters will have him wondering what he is doing out there.
The rest is close - both depth teams with better O than D and can be shaky in their own end.

The big one for me is how the Leafs can implode - they are a fragile bunch that are under a lot of pressure to take this team to levels they haven't seen in almost 55 yrs.
They brought in a few vets TY to help them deal with that but I still think they can be ruffled very easily.
I feel more confident going into the Leafs series over the Oilers - we match up well with these guys.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Scheifele , Ehlers , Connor , Morrissey , Helly , Lowry , Copp , Appleton = some great drafting and Stanley looks like a keeper too. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
With Stanley looking like an NHL player, the Jets have now have a very low "miss" rate for their 1st round picks...

Scheifele
Trouba
Morrissey
Ehlers
Connor
Roslovic
Laine
Stanley
Vesalainen (?)
Heinola (?)
Perfetti (?)

Only one top 5 pick, and average pick at around #14. That is a very good rate of success, particularly if Vesalainen, Perfetti and Heinola make the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad