Positivity Thread

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Sutter was going to do that it needed to start as soon as he came in. Flames are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games and just dumped 2 in a row to Ottawa. They need to sweep us in the next 3 games and even that won’t be enough.

They are in the spot we use to be with Pavs every year as the season wound down. If we just go 8-2 we’re set.

I don't miss those years at all haha. However, it did teach me to calm my nerves in regards to the teams chasing us for a playoff spot. You start seeing that it gets to a point a team can't make up ground. The points in the standings can be a bit of an illusion. 7-10 points doesn't seem like a lot of ground to make up, but it actually is. Throw in some 3 point games by teams you are chasing, it gets pretty damn hard to catch up past the halfway point.

Reactions: ps241 and surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't miss those years at all haha. However, it did teach me to calm my nerves in regards to the teams chasing us for a playoff spot. You start seeing that it gets to a point a team can't make up ground. The points in the standings can be a bit of an illusion. 7-10 points doesn't seem like a lot of ground to make up, but it actually is. Throw in some 3 point games by teams you are chasing, it gets pretty damn hard to catch up past the halfway point.

I agree and it just feels like the shot clock (season) runs faster when you are chasing it. It’s not enough to just get hot either you really need a team you are chasing to get very cold. Something feels off with the Flames this season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets' win and Flames' loss changed the estimated playoff probabilities in McCurdy's model...

upload_2021-3-25_13-36-12.png

Reactions: surixon and Jets 31

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not a perfect team obviously, no team is..........but boy so much to be happy about this season, huge positive trade for PLD, team is playing very well, top scoring forward group in the entire NHL, defence can be an adventure at times but it normally does a satisfactory job/good enough job, goaltending has been very solid .......if Chevy can add a top 4 solid D man, this team can do some damage in the playoffs.

Tied for 1st OA in the North.....wow, good times.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not a perfect team obviously, no team is..........but boy so much to be happy about this season, huge positive trade for PLD, team is playing very well, top scoring forward group in the entire NHL, defence can be an adventure at times but it normally does a satisfactory job/good enough job, goaltending has been very solid .......if Chevy can add a top 4 solid D man, this team can do some damage in the playoffs.

Tied for 1st OA in the North.....wow, good times.
Now, if they could only get a coach that could get a win now and again...:sarcasm:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets have 3 players in the top 16 in scoring

ehlers is at 15

among the top 15, ehlers has the lowest overall TOI/gp, and lowest (by far) PP toi/gp & is 2nd among those top 15 players in pp pts/60

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lately it’s seems like our board is struggling to see the half of the glass that’s full. In a competitive North division we have pretty much punched our ticket to the playoffs with more than a month left in the season.

I stopped today.......closed my eyes.....and I am smelling the Roses and I like the fragrance.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
at this point I've already started thinking about the playoffs and who we will play. It seems very unlikely it will be the Leafs , in round 1 anyways. So we're looking at either Montreal or Edmonton. To me the Canadiens are the best match up there, but I'm happy to make the playoffs in a year where we we're pegged to be in the bottom of the division. The forward group skill set are a lot higher than even I had anticipated.

If we can get PLD to play to his abilities consistency, and, let our young D develop, we should be entering another window shortly. Let's not f*** it up with shortcuts again. I hope management is more careful about keeping our assets.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
at this point I've already started thinking about the playoffs and who we will play. It seems very unlikely it will be the Leafs , in round 1 anyways. So we're looking at either Montreal or Edmonton. To me the Canadiens are the best match up there, but I'm happy to make the playoffs in a year where we we're pegged to be in the bottom of the division. The forward group skill set are a lot higher than even I had anticipated.

If we can get PLD to play to his abilities consistency, and, let our young D develop, we should be entering another window shortly. Let's not f*** it up with shortcuts again. I hope management is more careful about keeping our assets.
Yep. It’s tough. This year and next year are all-in years for the Leafs and to an extent Montreal. Montreal is losing a shitload of depth to free agency this year and the Leafs have Rielly on a good contract for one more year until they’ll have to clear depth to keep him. Their window probably doesn’t fully shut until two years after that when Matthews walks and then they’ll have to rebuild, but this year and next year are their contend for years. So playing them in the playoffs will be tough. Of course, in a normal year we’d have to play them in the final anyways if they are true contenders.

Our window won’t really open fully until Heinola and Samberg (and Perfetti) arrive. But then we should be out of the Canadian division and back in the central where we’ll be stuck with Colorado who should be fully in their window.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okay, now it's really almost over, right?

Could we perhaps stop running Forbort so hard, and give Heinola and/or Samberg a bit of NHL action? If the Jets have an injury to Morrissey or Forbort, they are going to need to dig into their young D pool, so it makes sense to give them a bit of experience, right?

upload_2021-4-6_14-12-16.png

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It really seems like Montreal Toronto and Winnipeg Edmonton are going to be the matchups in the first round.

Going to be a tough road for us to be able to beat the Oilers with our defense, but I believe we can do it if we set out to do it as a team!

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
we currently have 3 players in top 20 in points and in goals
copp and pionk having a breakout years..lowry appleton stas perault stanley forbort all playing great
dubois getting there.. hopefully but still pretty solid
great 4th line
both goalies playing great
defence decidingly not as suspect as last year
and overall some fantastic coaching
especially special teams and mo giving balanced ice time...
ID HATE TO PLAY US IN THE PLAY OFFS!!!

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Jets are 10th in the league in points percentage at .648. That's a 106 point pace over 82 games, which would easily be the 2nd best season in Jets 2.0 history

They're tied for 7th in goal differential at +27, after 44 games. That's not far off their pace from 2017-18, when they finished at +57 after 82 games.

They've played more road games than any other team so far: 25 of their 28 road games already. None of the other teams have played more than 23 road games yet -- most have only played between 20-22.

The Jets are 16-8-1 on the road through 25 games, a .660 points percentage (108 point pace). No other team has more than 14 wins on the road yet, though a couple have better records by points percentage (the Leafs are at .725 but have only played 20 road games).

The Jets season is scheduled to end in 24 days. They have 12 games left, 9 of them at home. Their last 5 games in a row are all against non-playoff teams.

Over the same span, the Leafs will play 12 games, including 8 on the road, and the Oilers 14 games, including 7 on the road.

If the Jets can finish strong and take 2 of 3 at home from both Toronto and Edmonton later this month, they'll have a very good chance of finishing 1st in the division.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad