Positivity Thread

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I feel like it's time to start a positivity thread during these dark COVID times and with a new season started.

Jets are:

2nd place in the North Division with a game in hand over the Habs & Leafs.

6th place in the entire NHL

And we've only had Laine in one game and DeMelo hasn't played a single game yet.

Yes it's only four games, no one is expecting the rest of the season without challenages and some steps backwards.........but people need something to be positive about after a brutal crappy year bc of COVID so just enjoy the good start of the season and we will overcome future challenages when they happen.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I like that we've found a role for 88. That being designated Tkachuk face puncher. Bet he gets a hundred or so this season.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
3-1, and when someone went into the GDT to try and pick a fight with everyone in sight, they were bounced in short order. Always good to see :D
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about I just want to add that I was impressed by the calm and measured responses of some here attempting to diffuse the situation. It's a skill that not everybody possesses.

Reactions: Jets 31

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets in 2nd place OA in the entire NHL and 2nd best goal differential in the entire NHL.

Without Laine (except 1 game) & DeMelo (except 1game)

Jets haven't even got their A game going yet at least not consistently. Jets do need to get more consistent though defensively, other teams will improve their games & so we need to improve ours. Keep it going boys!

Can't even imagine how good they will look with PLD playing and playing a bit more consistently defensively overall.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
This is a good thread idea Hunter, thanks for doing this. Sometimes the negativity gets old so it is nice to balance that out.

Reactions: Jets 31

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I71dR3j.mp4

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
This is a good thread idea Hunter, thanks for doing this. Sometimes the negativity gets old so it is nice to balance that out.

Agreed. I think most of us expect perfection or near perfection from the Jets and when we don't see it it's easy to become frustrated & negative. Trust me when I watch the games, I most often watch them in the basement where my family can't hear me swearing at bad plays, questionable coaching moves, etc (I literally have thrown things after a dumb play). But like everything in life context is always important, while we're not a perfect team and we don't have a HOF coach.....we suck less then about 24-25 other teams which is impressive.

Jets aren't perfect roster, we aren't playing our systems perfectly, we're going to play vs some tougher teams moving forward......but good teams beat weaker opponents & we've done that & gotten critical points......Leafs are 1-1 vs the Sens so the Sens aren't an easy pass on any given night. Sens are a young hungry team with some good young talent that works their butts off.

We lost a young player, Laine, that we've all gotten to know and like. Some of us were a bit more critical of him, but that's only bc we thought he could be more and saw that potential and wanted him to get there ASAP. So it's easy to think, look at what we lost........but I try to view it as look at the time we had with him and look at it fondly. I don't know a single poster who is happy Laine is gone, but I look at what we have now and celebrate it.

IMO being a fan is more about the journey (ups & downs) then it is about the destination.

jetsnblues

Jan 23, 2021
Agreed. I think most of us expect perfection or near perfection from the Jets and when we don't see it it's easy to become frustrated & negative. Trust me when I watch the games, I most often watch them in the basement where my family can't hear me swearing at bad plays, questionable coaching moves, etc (I literally have thrown things after a dumb play). But like everything in life context is always important, while we're not a perfect team and we don't have a HOF coach.....we suck less then about 24-25 other teams which is impressive.

Jets aren't perfect roster, we aren't playing our systems perfectly, we're going to play vs some tougher teams moving forward......but good teams beat weaker opponents & we've done that & gotten critical points......Leafs are 1-1 vs the Sens so the Sens aren't an easy pass on any given night. Sens are a young hungry team with some good young talent that works their butts off.

We lost a young player, Laine, that we've all gotten to know and like. Some of us were a bit more critical of him, but that's only bc we thought he could be more and saw that potential and wanted him to get there ASAP. So it's easy to think, look at what we lost........but I try to view it as look at the time we had with him and look at it fondly. I don't know a single poster who is happy Laine is gone, but I look at what we have now and celebrate it.

IMO being a fan is more about the journey (ups & downs) then it is about the destination.
Hurt yesterday to give up roslovic, laine AND pay some of his salary we got burnt big time, today my thoughts are more...….. disappointed to see someone we drafted have the potential to become something special then see him go before we saw the final result but I have faith that longer term we get a player back that may not have the flash of patty but will be a better all round player that want's to be here, can't see laine fitting in Columbus with torts but I can see "unofficially" a certain coach on the moose chatting to Dubois to gauge his interest in signing long term before chevy pulled this off , Dubois may well break out offensively being away from torts and home with family plus I remember the Trouba trade and my first reaction " Chevy you got taken to the cleaners!" but I really like pionk and I think the pick we got that kid may possibly be able to play hockey!! I know it is not a first rounder but some good players have been picked later GO JETS GO can't wait to hear that again and the crowd scream TRUE NORTH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad