Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Too much negativity here today.
I think the team was better than the 1997-2010 Jets were.
Think of the alternative...at least we have a team to complain about and I am sure we will be better next season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jet's just about beat St. Louis, one of the hottest teams in the NHL in the last half of the season.

Now with the last top seed in the Capitals getting knocked out -- St.Louis could win the Stanley Cup, and I think they have to be a favorite.

If the Blues do win --we'll know how close our team is to winning it all next year. :thumbu:

Reactions: ERYX

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My shingles are letting up...

Chef hates Wheels so wants out...

But Tanev will stay if we give him 2.5 Mill'...

Myers wants his own enclosure custom designed for him at the W'Z'...

So accepts the same salary as he has now for 2 more years...

Dano opens a Shawarma Shop and lives happily ever after...

Even though he hates pickled daikon...

Trouba leaves for the Panthers...

In return Chevy gets their first round pick in 2020, Mike Matheson and a time-share in South FLA' without penalty or inflation...

Laine becomes a Vegan... continues to play Fortnite… eats too many veggie patties while reclining on an "Ergonomic" game chair - Ergo protection on back'se'....

Purr' Oh' opens a Tommie Gunn's and retires...

Hendricks retires and becomes George Carlin's Las Vegas stand in on contract....

KFC sign's with Winnipeg to 6 years at 7 Million per year and all the fried chicken he can eat....

Buff' is pissed and is unhappy all summer...

Uses an ice fishing rod to catch a record Muskie' out of the North' West' Angl'...

Heizinger retires... and becomes who he really is... Sipowiz'...

Wearing stretched out Fruit of the Loom's and periodically entering Anger Issue in round circle's...

Paul Maurice...

Takes a time out...

For the 1st time in his life...

Andrei Kulikov commits to channeling his gift...

And wins the World BBQ championship...

I am so stoked...

:popcorn:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
My shingles are letting up...

Chef hates Wheels so wants out...

But Tanev will stay if we give him 2.5 Mill'...

Myers wants his own enclosure custom designed for him at the W'Z'...

So accepts the same salary as he has now for 2 more years...

Dano opens a Shawarma Shop and lives happily ever after...

Even though he hates pickled daikon...

Trouba leaves for the Panthers...

In return Chevy gets their first round pick in 2020, Mike Matheson and a time-share in South FLA' without penalty or inflation...

Laine becomes a Vegan... continues to play Fortnite… eats too many veggie patties while reclining on an "Ergonomic" game chair - Ergo protection on back'se'....

Purr' Oh' opens a Tommie Gunn's and retires...

Hendricks retires and becomes George Carlin's Las Vegas stand in on contract....

KFC sign's with Winnipeg to 6 years at 7 Million per year and all the fried chicken he can eat....

Buff' is pissed and is unhappy all summer...

Uses an ice fishing rod to catch a record Muskie' out of the North' West' Angl'...

Heizinger retires... and becomes who he really is... Sipowiz'...

Wearing stretched out Fruit of the Loom's and periodically entering Anger Issue in round circle's...

Paul Maurice...

Takes a time out...

For the 1st time in his life...

Andrei Kulikov commits to channeling his gift...

And wins the World BBQ championship...

I am so stoked...

:popcorn:
Finally! Maurice AND shingles connected:biglaugh:

Take a bow sir:clap:

Last edited:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I stayed away from the forum for about a week or so just to let everything sink in and let the emotion drain away a bit. I'm sure some people are still pretty raw and that's why even the positivity thread has some of the "I'm positive Maurice sucks" type stuff or just indulging in schadenfreude.

That said, taking a step back, I don't things were as terrible as they might seem. Yeah, getting bounced in the first round sucks. BUT ... we were right in it; aside from game 6 we could have and IMO should have won every one of the first five games. Factoring in regular levels of puck-luck I think this could have easily been 5 game Jets win. But Hellebuyck was not good for the first several games, and we ran into the hottest goalie in the league and a team on a major role (who I think are the best bet to win the Cup now) so for me, there is no shame in losing to St. Louis. Sucks that it worked out the way it did, but that's hockey.

The St. Louis series was some of the most entertaining hockey I've listened to ever, so for me that's a positive because entertainment is the #1 reason I follow hockey. I remember thinking through game 2 that I didn't even care who won because I was so proud of how well the Jets played. So those are the positives I'm taking away.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I already miss watching the Jets , just don't care enough about any other team to spend time watching them . I also think we have a good season next year , gonna be a very interesting off season for Chevy , hopefully he has Wi-fi at his cottage . ;)

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's looking like St.Louis will beat Boston for the Stanley Cup. Jet's fans should be thankful we have such a good young, competitive team for years to come.

We took St.Louis to 6 games, and had a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period of game 5, and could just have easily won that game, and went on to win that series.

The Jets are very very close to have a Cup winning team. :thumbu:

Maybe all it will take is the maturing of our young players.

Last edited:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm positive the Jets should try:

Laine - Wheeler - Connor
Ehlers - Scheifele- Little
Copp - Lowry - Perrault
Vesalainen - Roslovic - Appleton

With the 4th line getting at least 10 minutes to give one of them the opportunity to take Little's spot.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I’m positive that Eye is learning to walk upright

9e6787e2bd041eb01cd143b5b4441870.jpg

Reactions: Afterburner

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm positive the Jets should try:

Laine - Wheeler - Connor
Ehlers - Scheifele- Little
Copp - Lowry - Perrault
Vesalainen - Roslovic - Appleton

With the 4th line getting at least 10 minutes to give one of them the opportunity to take Little's spot.

I'd rather put Scheifele in Wheeler's spot, then Little at 2C. Not sure the team's best RW should be at 1C.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Agreed regarding st Lou fans

Like the Bruins. Their fans are knowledgeable and passionate and besides, 2 Boston posts that I did got over 100 likes

After tonight, it’s go Jets go

You like “whore”
J/K they have a knowledgeable fan base
Hope to meet you at a HF Jets SC party

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'd rather put Scheifele in Wheeler's spot, then Little at 2C. Not sure the team's best RW should be at 1C.
We have enough wingers who can play top 6. We don’t have enough centers who can. Little has failed as a 2C 2 years in a row.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
It's looking like St.Louis will beat Boston for the Stanley Cup. Jet's fans should be thankful we have such a good young, competitive team for years to come.

We took St.Louis to 6 games, and had a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period of game 5, and could just have easily won that game, and went on to win that series.

The Jets are very very close to have a Cup winning team. :thumbu:

Maybe all it will take is the maturing of our young players.

Yeah things look quite a bit different now, after St. Louis won the Cup. I didn't think they'd actually be able to go all the way but they proved me wrong. I guess the Jets really might have gone all the way just as well with a little bit more luck on our side to beat the Blues and then everything goes.

Reactions: GNP

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We have enough wingers who can play top 6. We don’t have enough centers who can. Little has failed as a 2C 2 years in a row.

I don't think Wheeler is the answer there. I'm not sure I'd use the word "failed" for Little, but another C would be nice to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad