News: Portzline: Jack Johnson has requested a trade

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Johnson is worth the proverbial bag of used pucks. He stinks. Unfortunately some sucker GM will give a decent package for him. Hopefully it isn’t Shero.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Johnson is worth the proverbial bag of used pucks. He stinks. Unfortunately some sucker GM will give a decent package for him. Hopefully it isn’t Shero.

Haha, here is someone who has not watched Jack Johnson for quite some time. Not even trying to hide it!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Now is the time to workout out a Bozak for Johnson deal.

Dubois-Wennberg-Bozak-Dubinsky is good enough to give em a chance.
If Dubois continues his trajectory, they won't even need to trade for a 1c

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Someone send Jarmo and Lou the paperwork... Bozak for Johnson is agreeable to this leafs fan as well.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
95% of CBJ fans would be ok with this. Portzline, Reed and Lukan speculated this sort of trade on their most recent 215 Podcast.

I don't see that happening. Bozak's faceoff abilities will be useful in the playoffs and we have no depth if we lost a top 6 C without him.

If the Leafs are actually interested in him it would not be his ideal situation, we would be getting him for depth and sticking him on the bottom pair paying a rental price like our 2nd round pick.

Probably not what you want to hear and I could be wrong but I doubt it. It would depend on who else is out there at the time. I do not see us moving for him just yet, still 2 weeks til deadline territory.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Johnson, Werenski and Wennberg for Karlsson & Brassard.
Why would CBJ do that. Werenski has only scored less goals then Burns and Karlson since his 1st game and is currently leading the league at 20. Which means he's under control and cheap for a good amount of time . Karlson wants paid and has stated as much... 0 reason to put our team in the whole for no upgrade. Not even going to go over what I think of Brass... he was sent packing for a reason.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why would Edmonton want this player?

I'm scratching my head trying to figure that out as well.
He's got more than 2.5M of salary against the cap left for the year, he's having one of his worst seasons since coming into the NHL and he's a lefty to boot.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How the hell is Johnson an Assistant Captain???
You don't know much about JMFJ if you are asking that question. The guy has been a leader on many USA tourney teams and is highly regarded as someone who steps up in the biggest games. He has been a locker room leader everywhere he has ever played. In the playoffs he's almost a PPG in over 20 games as a Dman. He's having his worst season in Columbus ever but that doesn't change his character. Hell he has been seen in game grouping the D together and grabbing the white board and drawing up stuff for the D. There is more to being a leader then on ice production.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You don't know much about JMFJ if you are asking that question. The guy has been a leader on many USA tourney teams and is highly regarded as someone who steps up in the biggest games. He has been a locker room leader everywhere he has ever played. In the playoffs he's almost a PPG in over 20 games as a Dman. He's having his worst season in Columbus ever but that doesn't change his character. Hell he has been seen in game grouping the D together and grabbing the white board and drawing up stuff for the D. There is more to being a leader then on ice production.

Isn't this the 3rd time he's asked to be traded off a team???

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3