News: Portzline: Jack Johnson has requested a trade

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The problem with that is that it does not appear that the Leafs want to play Nylander at center this season or by the sounds of it next seasonand making that trade forces them to do that, so I on't see that being the basis for a deal, although it is pretty close to fair
There's been hesitation to play Carlsson full time over here as well, so, yeah, this is a familiar thing.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There's been hesitation to play Carlsson full time over here as well, so, yeah, this is a familiar thing.

Maybe something that involves Johnson and Carrick could work?, I mean it would not be straight up there would be other pieces but I do see Carrick being of interest, he is young and he is cheap and that combo does have some value

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
The problem with that is that it does not appear that the Leafs want to play Nylander at center
Maybe it's time?
kWNgjpd.jpg

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
We need more context, does Bozak play other teams top lines and who does Nylander face?
I mean this is a funny tool, but suggests that Willy is not bad defensively, and he took 300+ draws with 50+%, and DZ FO with 59%, i think he will be fine. (In other words i want Bozak) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roughneck1

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Maybe something that involves Johnson and Carrick could work?, I mean it would not be straight up there would be other pieces but I do see Carrick being of interest, he is young and he is cheap and that combo does have some value
He has no value to us. Healthy we have...

Werenski Jones
Murray Nuti
JJ Savard
Harrington Carlson

So without JJ we have 2 LHD to fill in his spot that are as good or better and in Carlsons case it's just development he's a rookie we are working in slow the same way we did Nutivaara.

However little I truly want Bozak I think that's the only deal to be had. JJ is going to be a rental swap for a D or be shopped for the highest price of 1st or 1st+ possible.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not really. We need the shake-up at forward more.

* * *​
Could see him going to NYI for Nelson
It's not impossible, but I suspect we'd prefer not to let him possibly end up going up against us in the playoffs.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Johnson wore #3 in LA. Coincidence? I think not...

A Lou Lamoriello team will get changes like this from time to time. Might be nothing to it.

If Bozak is traded for JJ, then is there a chance CBJ can also send over a warm body capable of playing center? I think Bozak has a bit more value, so a small add shouldn't be unreasonable.

I don't know the Jackets roster enough to know if anyone is a throw-in level guy. Maybe Zac Dalpe (he grew up near Toronto) is enough. Just some added depth as insurance in case we lose a C or 2 to injury later.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A Lou Lamoriello team will get changes like this from time to time. Might be nothing to it.

If Bozak is traded for JJ, then is there a chance CBJ can also send over a warm body capable of playing center? I think Bozak has a bit more value, so a small add shouldn't be unreasonable.

I don't know the Jackets roster enough to know if anyone is a throw-in level guy. Maybe Zac Dalpe (he grew up near Toronto) is enough. Just some added depth as insurance in case we lose a C or 2 to injury later.
Throwing in Dalpe would definitely be doable.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Throwing in Dalpe would definitely be doable.

That's good. If Toronto needs to make a callup, it would mean the Mariles aren't short-staffed. And in a serious emergency he can take an NHL shift... Is there anyone a bit more NHL capable that would be cheap enough to throw in? Lukas Sedlak? Who is Jordan Schroeder?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That's good. If Toronto needs to make a callup, it would mean the Mariles aren't short-staffed. And in a serious emergency he can take an NHL shift... Is there anyone a bit more NHL capable that would be cheap enough to throw in? Lukas Sedlak? Who is Jordan Schroeder?
Sedlak is NO throw in, Schroeder ehhh idk.. i thought you have reached 50 contracts already, so you will have to "fire" someone to have a space for throw in?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Sedlak is NO throw in, Schroeder ehhh idk.. i thought you have reached 50 contracts already, so you will have to "fire" someone to have a space for throw in?

Ya good point. Maybe a nobody D prospect goes back to CBJ, as well.

I just think that if Bozak is traded that means TO is in a scary situation if there's an injury to Kadri or Matthews. They'd already be using a winger like Nylander or Marleau to fill in for Bozak down the middle. It would not be good to see a playoff game where Kadri is the only real C. The Leafs depth is only capable of playing 4th line with Moore, Fehr, Gauthier.

I suppose TO could look to bring in a C at the deadline. But I don't see them making a hole to fill a hole.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We can't really afford to throw in Sedlak at this point. And Schroeder is the depth guy that makes it possible for us to throw in Dalpe without sweating too much.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sedlak is not a throw in. I was more worried about Sedlak leaving in the expansion draft then Karlson. You can't just throw pieces together for a 4th line and hope they work once you find a composition that works stay with it and when healthy we have a great 4th line.

Dalpe can go only because we have Shreoder if something happens. It seems like you just wanted something extra to feel you won the trade so getting the extra piece validates that and once we so easily said ok to your ask you felt that was too easy you could get something even better and kept reaching. Dalpe is as far as our generosity goes. Bozak is worth JJ no more... equal value if that. We can give you that extra piece because it saves us money and Bozak is basically taking his place... don't over reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->