News: Portzline: Jack Johnson has requested a trade

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why? He's is an upcoming UFA playing 20 minutes a night on a cup contender. Why would he want to be traded now?

LOL. They just got their clocks cleaned in back to back games against Buffalo and Vancouver. Cup contender? They're not even making the playoffs.

He requested out because his role has diminished and he's not playing well. He's wanting to cash in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why ask to get traded now, when he is going to be a UFA soon? Is life in Columbus that intolerable all of a sudden?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This certainly seems out of left field, no?

Jackets are generally rolling this year, Johnson seems to be a fairly important(Albeit not irreplaceable either) piece for that team, and seem to be real cup contenders.

Something going on within the team outsiders might not be aware of?

Tortorella, John?

His teams have a best before date before his act wears thin.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
From the article (summary, no quotes).

Has asked for a trade - apparently a few weeks ago. Reasoning? Due to a diminishing role with the team and a need/want to better position himself for FA. Hard to blame him when he's only getting 13:30 a game (like vs BUF the other day).

Shouldn't really be a surprise. Due to his financial issues, he's basically starting from scratch as a 30 yr old, and whatever contract he gets this summer will likely A) be his last big one and B) one where he will be forced to go to the highest bidder.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
LOL. They just got their clocks cleaned in back to back games against Buffalo and Vancouver. Cup contender? They're not even making the playoffs.

He requested out because his role has diminished and he's not playing well. He's wanting to cash in.

OK, I guess. Players requesting a trade are prepared to go to any team other than the team they are on. I mean, he could end up in Arizona or Buffalo. What is he cashing in on? He is a UFA in 4 months.

edit: I'm not arguing just trying to understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->