Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
We compeltely agree...the reffing is shit.
i would just suggest that its shit for both teams which really was my point.

Thats all I was trying to point out before the shit storm came down on me for daring to question some of the calls.

I think it was more so of you only posting the missed calls on the Oilers but not mentioning about the nucks missed calls that got people coming at you, brother. I have no disdain for you on your post about it. Just as much missed calls the oilers got away with last night, imo, the nucks got away with just as much. The officiating will never improve in this league no matter how bad the outcry is. Sad truth.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
The win felt great, but we desperately need to get the other lines going.

According to the NHL ES scoring numbers, we have Mcdavid (8th) and Drai (10th) in the top 10.

Then we have Hyman (13th) and Bouchard (16th) in the top 20.

Looking at the top 50, the only addition is Nuge (42nd).

Ekholm (92nd) and Kane (93rd) are tied.

That’s it for Oilers in top 100 ES points in the playoffs so far.

Our PP is amazing, but that puts far too much of the game into the hands of the referees. We need to be scoring way more 5 on 5 because we can’t be banking on Skinner to allow us to outscore our opponents 5v5. He’s had some great games, but his playoff consistency is almost as unpredictable as the reffing at this point in his career.

It’s hard to feel any kind of confidence in this team showing any consistency between games when so many aspects of the team are so poor that every time Mcdavid Drai Hyman Bouchard and Ekholm aren’t on the ice, it’s basically us praying not to get scored on until we can get them back out there or get a PP.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
We compeltely agree...the reffing is shit.
i would just suggest that its shit for both teams which really was my point.

Thats all I was trying to point out before the shit storm came down on me for daring to question some of the calls.
This literally contradicts your other posts saying the oilers heavily beneffited from the refs lol. It was bad for both teams duh thats all folks have been saying, the oil have half the PP's...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You sure it had nothing to do with your post "It sucked both ways last night but it heavily favored the Oilers. The reverese of Wednesday night."

Your point was that it heavily favored the Oilers.
Yes...in last nights game it did IMO.
In Wednesdays nights game it favored the Canucks.

Apparently I have a lot of nerve going against the hivemind.
Especially when Jesus doesnt approve...lol

Yes, but I also remember ryan getting a slashing penalty for the cup check.
Good for you.
I wanted to confirm things...terrible eh?

• Haha
Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I think it was more so of you only posting the missed calls on the Oilers but not mentioning about the nucks missed calls that got people coming at you, brother. I have no disdain for you on your post about it. Just as much missed calls the oilers got away with last night, imo, the nucks got away with just as much. The officiating will never improve in this league no matter how bad the outcry is. Sad truth.
He also posted first that they heavily favoured the oil, now he is contradicting himself lmao.,

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the only recent trade with either was the Neal - Lucic swap, which happened right before the Oilers started making the playoffs every season…

Yep. Just look at the trades

Staios for a 3rd (Calgary gets better short term)

Smid for Brossoit (Calgary gets better short term)

Lucic for Neal (Calgary obviously thought they were getting the better player)

Calgary will not make a trade that makes us immediately better. Even if that trade is in their best interest to do long term. They are extremely petty

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Good for you.
Or the facts don't allign with your made up reality..people have listed all the blown calls missed for the oilers you just keep ignoring.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Good for you.
Considering they scored a goal off what should've been a too many men call.

Its hard to justify saying it was heavily in favor of us.

Draisaitl also got a penalty for getting punched in the head when we were going to a powerplay to neuter it.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
View attachment 868995

Can’t wait to shut this clown up. Last time he was in Edmonton for a playoff series, we won both games. Hoping for a similar outcome this year
He's pretty much telling the truth. Most people here just go to the mall or Whyte during their free time but it's not like we're much different then Calgary with their big advantage being close to the mountains.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
He's pretty much telling the truth. Most people here just go to the mall or Whyte during their free time but it's not like we're much different then Calgary with their big advantage being close to the mountains.
meh, a city of near 1 million the "Nothing to do but watch hockey" is ridiculous hyperbole..Yes it's not NY or LA but come on./ There is plenty to do unless you don't have a working brain lol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I could totally see feeling we got helped by the refs last night. I think we are just so used to getting the screw job by Refs that anything approaching fair looks like a nice gift from the Refs. But the refs did miss calls both ways last night to probably a slight net benefit to the Oilers. Without looking at each individual call/missed call and tallying up the results.

Reactions: guymez

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I won't argue further with guymez. He's a pretty good guy to talk about the Oilers here.

Also forgot to mention the embellishing on Zadorov when Foegele pushed him without a call in the 3rd period lol.
They could have had several diving calls already for sure. You know it's bad when Beiksa mentions it on a national broadcast

Reactions: McAsuno

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Ceci has definitely struggled but Walker is pointless and a minus in the playoffs, while also being worse every other year of their career. Thats worth a 1st round pick?

Dumba is precisely the kind of dman we don’t need. He’s a much, much worse version of Nurse.

Edmundson is a bottom pairing dman. Asking him to play top 4, especially at this point in his career, is a horrible idea
Instead we used our pick on Henrique and Carrick....

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I won't argue further with guymez. He's a pretty good guy to talk about the Oilers here.

Also forgot to mention the embellishing on Zadorov when Foegele pushed him without a call in the 3rd period lol.
Yup...thats another one.

A lot of them are arguable one way or the other on if it was a penalty or the severity of the call.
The high stick on Hughes wasnt one of those.
That was an obvious inarguable 4 minute call on McDavid which happened right at centre ice and the non call was a blessing for this team.

I should have just left it at that...lol

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Show the the stats that show that Ryan got a major penalty.
I havent seen it.

It sucked both ways last night but it heavily favored the Oilers. The reverese of Wednesday night.
There are always so many missed calls in the playoffs-last night was no exception.

A lot of missed calls on the Oilers-Mc-D getting mugged all night but its also true that if the ref had called Mc-D for that high stick (4 minutes) then it might well have been lights out for the Oilers. It is ironic to me that after adding a ref the league actually seems to have regressed in terms of officiating quality.

I once heard Brett Hull (who tended to tell it like it is) say that poor officiating was something that players privately expect and live with. Its part f the game.

We can probably expect more of the same in game #3. Mc-D must sometimes think that he's a rodeo calf.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup...thats another one.

That missed obvious inarguable 4 minute call on McDavid which happened right at centre ice was a blessing for this team.

I understand the anger from nuck fans for that missed one especially since it drew blood. But after seeing no PP for us in a must win game 6 against VGK last year when Ekholm got the same shit, my sympathy level's pretty low. It's frustrating as a fan to know that it looks like the Oilers won't get the benefit of a PP as much as they should get as the league and the officials know them getting a powerplay can pretty much get a goal majority of the time than not. The fact that the Oilers are getting 'penalized' in a way for non calls against opposing teams, since they have a deadly PP is the definition of irony.

Reactions: Oilhawks

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
The win felt great, but we desperately need to get the other lines going.

According to the NHL ES scoring numbers, we have Mcdavid (8th) and Drai (10th) in the top 10.

Then we have Hyman (13th) and Bouchard (16th) in the top 20.

Looking at the top 50, the only addition is Nuge (42nd).

Ekholm (92nd) and Kane (93rd) are tied.

That’s it for Oilers in top 100 ES points in the playoffs so far.

Our PP is amazing, but that puts far too much of the game into the hands of the referees. We need to be scoring way more 5 on 5 because we can’t be banking on Skinner to allow us to outscore our opponents 5v5. He’s had some great games, but his playoff consistency is almost as unpredictable as the reffing at this point in his career.

It’s hard to feel any kind of confidence in this team showing any consistency between games when so many aspects of the team are so poor that every time Mcdavid Drai Hyman Bouchard and Ekholm aren’t on the ice, it’s basically us praying not to get scored on until we can get them back out there or get a PP.

Hyman is actually leading all players in 5v5 points these playoffs (even strength points includes empty netters). McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard are all tied for second. Nuge is 21st and Kane/Ekholm are 43rd. The Oilers as a team are second in the playoffs in 5v5 goals.

Our depth definitely hasn't been good enough but that's what happens when you play against two teams that were top 5 in 5v5 goals against this season.

Reactions: Oilhawks and 3IR

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Hopefully they realize he's playing them now and it backfires
The funny part is if he didn't do all this referring nonsense going back to before the series began he could have unloaded on the Hughes high stick.

But tocchet is a caveman and thought he was being clever. Now he can't say nothing except refs have a hard job.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yup...thats another one.

A lot of them are arguable one way or the other on if it was a penalty or the severity of the call.
The high stick on Hughes wasnt one of those.
That was an obvious inarguable 4 minute call on McDavid which happened right at centre ice and the non call was a blessing for this team.

I should have just left it at that...lol
I get what your saying dude :)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There are always so many missed calls in the playoffs-last night was no exception.

A lot of missed calls on the Oilers-Mc-D getting mugged all night but its also true that if the ref had called Mc-D for that high stick (4 minutes) then it might well have been lights out for the Oilers. It is ironic to me that after adding a ref the league actually seems to have regressed in terms of officiating quality.

I once heard Brett Hull (who tended to tell it like it is) say that poor officiating was something that players privately expect and live with. Its part f the game.

We can probably expect more of the same in game #3. Mc-D must sometimes think that he's a rodeo calf.
100%
More than anything I was just trying to acknowledge the highlighted portion of your post.
That the Oilers benefited from the non calls.

Much better articulated than my clunky posts....I should hire you as a ghost writer...lol

I get what your saying dude :)
Thanks man. :thumbu:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
He is unquestionably having a BRUTAL playoffs, but come on. He isn’t even remotely close to being one of the worst dmen in the league
I mean he's a bottom pairing dman so he's a #6 and you're right that's what he is and not the worst. He's likely the worst #2 of any of the 16 playoff teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad