Prospect Info: Portland Pirates AHL - Arizona Coyotes Minor League Affiliate III

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Very fortunate that Portland will continue to have an AHL team, unfortunately us Monarchs fans in Manchester won't be so lucky as we are getting stuck with an ECHL team. We may make a trip or 2 to up to Portland see a decent game.

That sucks. Sorry man. Hopefully you'll be back in the fold, soon.

For the record, I'm glad Portland is keeping their team. I'm just glad we're getting a different farm club.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Portland is on a helluva run here. 7-0-3 in their last 10. Currently in a playoff spot (7th) with 76 pts. Springfield is 8th with 75 pts. Worcester is just out of the mix with 74 pts.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Portland is on a helluva run here. 7-0-3 in their last 10. Currently in a playoff spot (7th) with 76 pts. Springfield is 8th with 75 pts. Worcester is just out of the mix with 74 pts.

Any information on who has been producing?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Over that 10 game stretch, for the players of note:

Martinook: 3g, 10a
Bolduc: 4g, 8a
Szwarz: 1g, 7a
Shinnimin: 6g, 1a
Hank Sam: 3g, 4a
Hodgman: 2g, 3a
Gaudet: 1g, 2a
Lessio: 2a
Dziurzynski: 1g, 1a

Reese: 3g, 4a
P. Sam: 3g, 3a

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Over that 10 game stretch, for the players of note:

Martinook: 3g, 10a
Bolduc: 4g, 8a
Szwarz: 1g, 7a
Shinnimin: 6g, 1a
Hank Sam: 3g, 4a
Hodgman: 2g, 3a
Gaudet: 1g, 2a
Lessio: 2a
Dziurzynski: 1g, 1a

Reese: 3g, 4a
P. Sam: 3g, 3a

And Hodgman gets the call up over Martinook. Sucks for Martinook.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
IMO, Hodgman deserved another look, even if he didn't handle getting sent down early in the year very well. He played pretty decent for his first NHL exposure and, after he settled into Portland, he played well there too. I think it gives us a good reputation among agents of last-chance players when we give these guys a shot at achieving their dream. We still need to supplement out farm system with dumpster diving.

I wouldn't be mad at re-signing Hodgman on a one-year as a buffer for our AHL affiliate next year. Something like:

Martinook - Hodgman - Samuelsson
Shinnimin - Dauphin - Duclair
Bunting - Gaudet - Kulda
XXX - Laplante - O'Donoghue

Plenty of depth and we can have a rotating shuttle up to Glendale. Should keep guys hungry.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bunting's only played 2 years of Major Junior - I wonder if the over cook philosophy might steer him back to the O for his overage year? :dunno:

He can't play anywhere else.... It has nothing to do with a philosophy. It has to do with the CHL/NHL agreement. Needs to be cut and every other OHL team to pass/ not have room for him as an overager. Yotes have little influence.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
He can't play anywhere else.....

He can play in the A or in the O.

It has nothing to do with a philosophy. It has to do with the CHL/NHL agreement. Needs to be cut and every other OHL team to pass/ not have room for him as an overager .

I'm not really sure what you're saying with regard to the OHL teams passing or not having room.

Yotes have little influence.

If they've signed him (we miss you capgeek) they have plenty of influence - they can assign him to junior or to the A. There's not much question a team (the Soo or another team that acquires his rights if need be) would find room for Bunting.

hockeynuts

Sep 12, 2014
Hodgman will go over seas and make way more money next year I bet. He turned down $2M from his team in Russia for this season for another shot at the NHL and it looks like that is not working out.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hodgman will go over seas and make way more money next year I bet. He turned down $2M from his team in Russia for this season for another shot at the NHL and it looks like that is not working out.

Considering the state of the russian economy the gap between salaries has been greatly reduced. There is serious doubt if the KHL will even exist in a couple of years.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Pirates’ special teams rule over the IceCaps
By Chris Roy | March 26, 2015

PORTLAND – The floodgates opened on special teams for the Portland Pirates Wednesday night.

The Pirates scored a season-high four power-play goals and added a shorthanded goal en route to a commanding 6-0 victory over the St. John’s IceCaps before 1,657 at the Cross Insurance Arena.

READ MORE>>>>

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
No news since march 26th?
There's been news, but I simply don't have time to post everything that is written on the team. I've been far too busy with every level of hockey in state, but the news is available if you go to the website. Here's the links.

http://www.mainehockeyjournal.com

my twitter handle (@chris_mhj) where I post roster lineups, line combination, scratches, injury information and get really in depth with discussion on the Pirates. There is even a facebook page for Maine Hockey Journal where all articles are listed.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
There's been news, but I simply don't have time to post everything that is written on the team. I've been far too busy with every level of hockey in state, but the news is available if you go to the website. Here's the links.

http://www.mainehockeyjournal.com

my twitter handle (@chris_mhj) where I post roster lineups, line combination, scratches, injury information and get really in depth with discussion on the Pirates. There is even a facebook page for Maine Hockey Journal where all articles are listed.

Cool. Thanks Chris!

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
This was not the result the Pirates needed tonight.... A win would have gone a long way toward securing a playoff berth. Now, that's in question with Portland's next five games against Worcester (7-0-0), Manchester (8-1-0-1) and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton who has the #1 goalie in the AHL.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
That sucks. Sorry man. Hopefully you'll be back in the fold, soon.

For the record, I'm glad Portland is keeping their team. I'm just glad we're getting a different farm club.

With everything going on with the Monarchs, I haven't heard where the current Portland team is heading......

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Coyotes are going to likely end up with their players going to Springfield, MA.

Hey Wildcat, If I don't get the chance before the season ends, thank you a ton for your reporting on this thread. I don't post much on this thread as I am not up on what goes on over there, except for your reporting. Thanks again, and good luck with your next affiliate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad