Post-Game Talk: Poor discipline and poor reffing is a bad combination

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Thanks for posting that.

I agree with Ladi.
This constant whining and bitching in here is a bit much.

Its like listening to someone constantly bitch about their job and when you ask them why they dont quit they just pause...and then keep on bitching.
I dont like the reffing either (its frustrating as hell) but it is what it is.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I still can't believe they gave Drai this penalty right after our 2-1 goal. Doughty didn't even react to it

That RNH one was weak too from what I have been watching all around the league in OT

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I would also accept someone like Kostin doing their best Lucic impression and taking a healthy run at Korpisalo.
This is the way, this is what the league wants cheap bullshit hockey, let the best bullshitters win. I would be running Korpisalo, McLeod full speed driving the net, take a suspension, but who gives a f***, they knee our best players. f***ed up Drai's knee last playoffs, f*** it.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
This is the way, this is what the league wants cheap bullshit hockey, let the best bullshitters win. I would be running Korpisalo, McLeod full speed driving the net, take a suspension, but who gives a f***, they knee our best players. f***ed up Drai's knee last playoffs, f*** it.
Players are too scared to risk that stuff, but I would do that. Straight run Korpisalo all game

Reactions: Yablo21

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
See, if we're all supposed to go "aw shucks", nothing will ever get done.

Make enough noise, others start to notice. Look how much attention it's got already that the Oilers were f***ed.

A lot of Winnipeg fans were already on the lookout with Hanson and Furlatt and they experienced the same double-fisting the Oilers got.

This is a league wide problem, not just an isolated case. The more noise people make, the more negative attention it'll get and just maybe the league will recognize there's issues. It's wishful thinking I know but hockey is broken.
Nothing gets done. Nothing will change about this. Even if it did the change and cure would be worse than the disease and the NHL would then resemble Hockey Canada and we wouldn't recognize hockey. Careful what people wish for. In almost all instances fullscale revamp ends up being worse than anything before it.

The NHL has been like this for close to hundred years. Every decade theres been teams and players that were allowed extra licence. The most famous player in hockey in the pre modern era was Gordie Elbows Howe. Everytime he came into the boards he'd nail somebody with an elbow to the head and come out with the puck.

This is nothing new, and as others have stated the Oilers have to find a way to get through it, like Oilers teams before have found ways to get through adversity.

Does anybody here think it was EASY for the Oilers in 97 and 98 to topple clubs with over twice the payroll. Clubs that basically assembled quasi allstar teams. It took blood and guts and courage and every player leaving every drop they had on the ice.

Oilers fans are considering themselves if they think the current club is giving anything close to that. Time for the team to, to stop crying.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Didn't Kane get a penalt for smacking his arm back like this earlier in this game? This was right before the Ot penalty, Great delayed dive by the puke who drew it as well

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is absolutely unhinged.

Shit like this makes me feel embarassed to post here.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
This is absolutely unhinged.

Shit like this makes me feel embarassed to post here.
Oh get off your high horse. The Oilers would gladly play by the rules but it is evident the rules only apply one way. You have Danault sitting on McDavid just waiting for some sort of retalliation, McD waits there calmly and gets nothing from the ref. So if they want "unhinged" hockey that's what we should give them, we have the horses to do it.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Boy, now that i see this again, its even more lacking of anything. That's a call you make if the boys scored on "your" team.

Skinner misplayed this dumb in, he was about to go out and play the puck and then thought against it hence why he was not fully out to challenge the shot. Otherwise he doesn't or shouldn't get beat on that shot

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
This is what the Oilers are dealing with. You can even lightly shove a guy with ONE hand from the red line. Pukes embellish all over the place.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oh get off your high horse. The Oilers would gladly play by the rules but it is evident the rules only apply one way. You have Danault sitting on McDavid just waiting for some sort of retalliation, McD waits there calmly and gets nothing from the ref. So if they want "unhinged" hockey that's what we should give them, we have the horses to do it.
Ahh yes, sitting on McDavid means our players should go out and try and intentionally injure other human beings. That’s f***ed up. It’s not a “high horse” it’s not being insane.

Reactions: JetKing

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Ahh yes, sitting on McDavid means our players should go out and try and seriously injure other human beings. That’s f***ed up. It’s not a “high horse” it’s not being insane.
No but it is a penalty and it wasn't called. Kostin gets called and the guy was holding his stick under his arm.
Not to mention the multiple heavy slashes, knee on knee and trips that were intent to injure, no calls. did you watch the game?
Do you honestly think that this was reasonable officiating.
I want to beat the LA Kings clean, I don't want anyone hurt. But if were not going to get fair officiating and keep taking cheap shots that then we should stop putting up with this bullshit and play cheap too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No but it is a penalty and it wasn't called. Kostin gets called and the guy was holding his stick under his arm.
Not to mention the multiple heavy slashes, knee on knee and trips that were intent to injure, no calls. did you watch the game?
Do you honestly think that this was reasonable officiating.
I want to beat the LA Kings clean, I don't want anyone hurt. But if were not going to get fair officiating and keep taking cheap shots that then we should stop putting up with this bullshit and play cheap too.
That’s not what you said though. You were calling for us to fill on run and injure their goalie. That’s not playing cheap

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I think the oilers should just f***ing win and then we can look back at this and go wow la you lost with every ref gift imaginable ... Your city is cancer ...and you'll never be a man no matter how many surgeries you get.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
That’s not what you said though. You were calling for us to fill on run and injure their goalie. That’s not playing cheap
I know what I said, and its clear the league and officials prefer this kind of hockey. Hell we got called for absolutely nothing 4 times yesterday. Drai, Eckholm, Deharnais and Kostin - none of those were penalties at all.

They're pretty much dictating that the kings can be as aggressive as possible and we can't get away with anything.

I think the oilers should just f***ing win and then we can look back at this and go wow la you lost with every ref gift imaginable ... Your city is cancer ...and you'll never be a man no matter how many surgeries you get.
Cyclone you have a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is what the Oilers are dealing with. You can even lightly shove a guy with ONE hand from the red line. Pukes embellish all over the place.

One guy on the mains said that my description of Connor's elite senses means that he's Spider Man. Dude was way off as Bouchard apparently is The Incredible Hulk!

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Thanks for posting that.

I agree with Ladi.
This constant whining and bitching in here is a bit much.

Its like listening to someone constantly bitch about their job and when you ask them why they dont quit they just pause...and then keep on bitching.
I dont like the reffing either (its frustrating as hell) but it is what it is.

When I think about it. The reason we blame the refs every time is because it is the easiest thing to do.

Reactions: Indiana

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
When I think about it. The reason we blame the refs every time is because it is the easiest thing to do.
Yeah...I am sure thats part of it.
There are also a lot of younger posters on here and its especially easy for them to go there.

To be honest I found my self yelling at the refs calls while watching the game. Easy to get emotional when the emotional investment is high.
For me though...I vent...then I'm done.

I just dont think its useful to stay in that place because it prevents you from exploring anything else that might be going on. I mean IMO the only useful strategy here is to review what the team actually has control of.
That to me is worthy of conversation and there are a lot of smart posters on here so I appreciate seeing how they unravel circumstances like the Oilers find themselves in now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00