Speculation: POLL: Would you match the offer sheet on KK ?

Would you match the offer sheet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No way Bergy doesnt match up with Danault gone... Thats only 6M X 1, no big deal here, KK still is extremmely young, another summer behind the belt could do a huge difference, you have to match it, no way you take the chance to see him blossom elsewhere.
The centre depth he built, would be gone if he doesn't match, but we all know KK is not worth 6.1M it is hard to imagine being this stupid to allow it to happen......we all thought it might, because of the stupidity on Aho, but man for Bergevin to not realize....wow.
Is there something else cooking?? Seriously, it would be hard for anyone to believe MB to be this dumb...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Even though he's really needed for next season due to lack of center depth on the Habs I still wouldn't match this massive overpayment and just take the picks and move on.

Then every time he plays at the Bell Centre I'd like to see Hab fans really boo him while throwing many fake $20 bills on the ice. :)

I think the Habs will match and I don't blame KK at all for signing this very generous OS from the Canes but I'd also be fine if I never saw KK in a Habs jersey ever again.

At least this OS is finally something to talk about again.

Reactions: otto bond

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Even though he's really needed for next season due to lack of center depth on the Habs I still wouldn't match this massive overpayment and just take the picks and move on.

Then every time he plays at the Bell Centre I'd like to see Hab fans really boo him while throwing many fake $20 bills on the ice. :)

I think the Habs will match and I don't blame KK at all for signing this very generous OS from the Canes but I'd also be fine if I never saw KK in a Habs jersey ever again.

At least this OS is finally something to talk about again.

we'll match the offer to finish 10th in the east instead of 13th and KK will get 37 pts

Let's aim for Wright

the price is Wright

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I guess MB could also contact someone like say the Coyotes to see what he would need to add to the Canes 1st and 3rd to get Dvorak during the next 7 days before deciding to match or not. Could also talk with other teams to try and get a center before deciding to match or not. Not interested in paying KK 6.1m at all at this point.

Reactions: sbhatt

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Even next year, he still won't be worth 6million.

That seems like hoping he'll fail? If he puts up a 50+ pts season he would definately be worth it...

Do people want our young players traded for low picks? He's 21...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
KK and his agent knew that offer was to hurt us.

(20$ bonus) 1 year only

If he had any good intention he would have asked for 5 years at 5M or something

KK's job isn't to make Bergevin's easier. It's in his best interest to accept that offer.

Worst case scenario, he gains full autonomy at 22 years old. Otherwise, 6M$ this year, + another 6M$ in his next QO... KK couldn't ask for a better deal.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No way Bergy doesnt match up with Danault gone... Thats only 6M X 1, no big deal here, KK still is extremmely young, another summer behind the belt could do a huge difference, you have to match it, no way you take the chance to see him blossom elsewhere.

Problem for me is what happens after this season. If KK doesn't take an extra step this season and scores 30-35 points and the Habs can't sign him to a much more reasonable contract (that he's actually worth) KK then signs his QO (if offered by Habs) and you have to pay him over 6m again the next season.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
KK's job isn't to make Bergevin's easier. It's in his best interest to accept that offer.

Worst case scenario, he gains full autonomy at 22 years old. Otherwise, 6M$ this year, + another 6M$ in his next QO... KK couldn't ask for a better deal.

Carolina could let him walk next season and he would have only earned 6.1M

5 years x 5M is 25M dollars.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Carolina could let him walk next season and he would have only earned 6.1M

5 years x 5M is 25M dollars.

And then KK is a free agent at what, 22 years old? What's wrong with that?

That 5x5 contract if fictional and there's no way that's what Bergevin had on the table. If I had to guess, he was trying to get him on a bridge deal around 2 M$.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What a waste. He'll have fun in Raleigh and no pressure. Was looking forward to him having a breakout year with the Habs. Now, we'll never know.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Posters saying KK is disloyal etc are just silly.

If you were due for a raise in your current job and your current employer offered you a modest increase, and while you were thinking about it, a direct competitor offered double your what your current employer offered and they told you would be a major part of their successful business going forward, would you honestly turn that down because you are too loyal? Really? I call BS

There was no way Bergy offered KK anything close to 6M, more likely around the 2.5-3.5M. Of course, KK would sign that offer sheet for 6.1M in Carolina. A young team that's trending towards competitor status, they have a core group of Fins, better weather and less pressure than Montreal.

It's a Win/ win for KK, even though I don't actually think he wants to leave Montreal, but for double the money, who can honestly blame him.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Posters saying KK is disloyal etc are just silly.

If you were due for a raise in your current job and your current employer offered you a modest increase, and while you were thinking about it, a direct competitor offered double your what your current employer offered and they told you would be a major part of their successful business going forward, would you honestly turn that down because you are too loyal? Really? I call BS

There was no way Bergy offered KK anything close to 6M, more likely around the 2.5-3.5M. Of course, KK would sign that offer sheet for 6.1M in Carolina. A young team that's trending towards competitor status, they have a core group of Fins, better weather and less pressure than Montreal.

It's a Win/ win for KK, even though I don't actually think he wants to leave Montreal, but for double the money, who can honestly blame him.
No goalie. Lost Hamilton. I don’t think they’re trending up wards at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad