Speculation: POLL: Would you match the offer sheet on KK ?

Would you match the offer sheet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Montreal can still trade him I believe. I would see if anyone would offer more than a 1st and 3rd. If no takers I would offer KK term (maybe something like $4.5 Million over four years). I would not sign that offer sheet. Carolina can pay $6 million for KK and we will take the picks (maybe flip the picks for a second line center).

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Montreal can still trade him I believe. I would see if anyone would offer more than a 1st and 3rd. If no takers I would offer KK term (maybe something like $4.5 Million over four years). I would not sign that offer sheet. Carolina can pay $6 million for KK and we will take the picks (maybe flip the picks for a second line center).

- KK is untradable for 12 months.
- one year contract is not negociable
- QO next year needs to be 6.1M

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I'm still optimistic on KK but this offer sheet + QO basically locks you in to paying the upper tier of what you might project from him developing into before you know what he is, so IMO you just let him go and take the picks.

I think there's definitely a possiblity he ends up being worth 6.1M, but I don't think it's good value to pay it before you know and lock yourself into negative value unless that happens.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Nope, especially since his qualifier next year will be $6M as well.

If the Canes are happy paying him 6 mil, take the 1st and 3rd and move on.

Edit: I just realized now's the perfect time to include him in an Eichel package. Buffalo can even choose if they want picks or match the contract.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I checked, can't trade him in the 7 day window.

MB would have to see what he can get for the 1st and the 3rd over the next 7 days.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No, there is little hope Montreal can even develop him to be a 6M player. I'm guessing they give Poehling his job and take the picks. KK probably ends up a good player with them.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I think the Window is missed. KK is not a Habs unless they match the offer.
Aaah, alright. I thought we could still trade him before the 7 days are up.

But now's the best time to make an Eichel push. Give them either KK at 6M for a year or a 1st and 3rd.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Too many things in his game need fixing for a $6M player.

on a reasonable contract he’d probably get them a 1st and 3rd in a trade. So, let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille