Speculation: POLL: Would you match the offer sheet on KK ?

Would you match the offer sheet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin doesn't match. He is likely done with KK after KK signed this and not matching this kind of screws over Carolina. Another 1st from a team that will do worse than last year when the draft is in Montreal.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin doesn't match. He is likely done with KK after KK signed this and not matching this kind of screws over Carolina. Another 1st from a team that will do worse than last year when the draft is in Montreal.
Habs will most likely do worse than them either way.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This is a tough one for me. I like him. 6 is a lot. Especially with this QO thing a ma jig.

That Cane pick could be high/high-ish. And trading KK likely means we're in for a high pick ourselves. Could draft two big pieces. People are pretty high on this draft. I think you take the risk and let him walk.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah I mean you let him walk and Carolina probably starts to sweat a bit.

MB's been showing some crazy cajones of late like it or not. Could turn into a nice move for us.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
yeah I mean you let him walk and Carolina probably starts to sweat a bit.

MB's been showing some crazy cajones of late like it or not. Could turn into a nice move for us.
He would be playing in the bottom 6 there and would become a UFA because nobody is going to qualify him. I think he kind of hurt himself with this too, but I can't put myself in his shoes with a 6 million dollar cheque waiting for me.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Take the picks and wash your hands of him...he doesn't look like anything more than a 3rd line center at present, nor does he look likely to be anytime soon (if ever). Not worth screwing up your team finances for...not even close.
You never know where that 1st pick will be, either. If things don't go as planned, that could be a really good pick.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I can't believe how this poll is playing out, do any of you actually believe a C habs have been developing for 3+ years, who just turned 21 - is going to be let go for late 1st and 3rd? never.
Who cares if bergevin is overpaying by 3 mill, he isn't letting an asset like this walk for magic beans. not. going. to. happen.

martin necas is an RFA next summer yes? lol

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Justsayin

Jul 2, 2019
Will only match if there is a better trade. Can’t keep him now. Too bad. I think he’s going to be very good.

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
No, he is not trending to be worth that money and signing the offer sheet messes up the whole salary structure of the team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Montreal doesn’t match the problem is they can’t draft - after Mailloux fiasco

There is a reason why only people close to 40 or older remember their last Cup

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
ok so this might mean that MB can offer 2 firsts a second and a third and Drouin to BUFFALO

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
No way Bergy doesnt match it with Danault gone... Thats only 6M X 1, no big deal here, KK still is extremmely young, another summer behind the belt could do a huge difference, you have to match it, no way you take the chance to see him blossom elsewhere.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's getting paid 2 times what he would've probably gotten and Bergevin kinda buried him at the end of the season. Not blaming him.

There's no loyalty in sport, come on man.
He was at 925k................and now can make more than 6 times that...............no way anyone says no....
Context..........You make 15 bucks an hour, and another employer says, we will give you 90 bucks an hour, same job, one year....

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
He's getting paid 2 times what he would've probably gotten and Bergevin kinda buried him at the end of the season. Not blaming him.

There's no loyalty in sport, come on man.

KK and his agent knew that offer was to hurt us.

(20$ bonus) 1 year only

If he had any good intention he would have asked for 5 years at 5M or something

Reactions: SpeedyPotato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad