Speculation: POLL: Would you match the offer sheet on KK ?

Would you match the offer sheet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Canes a bubble team? Wow.
based on the standings the past few years, division alignment is back to normal, the canes do not get to feast on chicago ,detroit,nashville and columbus like they did for most of last season, now they get to play better teams on a regular basis, plus you can not really believe the canes are better without Hamilton, adding KK does nothing for the teams performance on the ice, so now that the the canes play tougher teams and looking at the teams standings the last 3 years with Hamilton, I am not expecting this Canes team to be as good as last year, I will not say anything about the goaltending situation.

Reactions: dralaf

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
based on the standings the past few years, division alignment is back to normal, the canes do not get to feast on chicago ,detroit,nashville and columbus like they did for most of last season, now they get to play better teams on a regular basis, plus you can not really believe the canes are better without Hamilton, adding KK does nothing for the teams performance on the ice, so now that the the canes play tougher teams and looking at the teams standings the last 3 years with Hamilton, I am not expecting this Canes team to be as good as last year, I will not say anything about the goaltending situation.
46 and 38 (in 68 games) last 2 seasons in the Metro. I would not worry too much. Good team.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Don't forget about Anderson from the Leafs. There is no guarantee the Canes will make the playoff this year. Just let KK walk. At trading deadline, sell even more if we are not making the playoff. Goes all in for 2022 draft which is in Montreal.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Only match I’m using is one to set that bridge on fire. Ya used me Kotkaniemiiiii, ya useddddd meeee arghhhh.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
It’s a fan poll, 85.3% would not match the offer (4,000 votes).
Tva sports is working hard to convince fans not to match.
Most of their staff has taken that stance. Very different from other outlets.
From Louis jean (translated): this offer was only a joke and Canes were 100% certain Habs would match.
So now they feel they are hurting the Canes by not matching.
Poll is 70-30 in here.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
The player to do this troll move on would be someone actually good like Suzuki or Caufield. Someone that MB would not even consider letting go. I guess they thought the Habs were as high on KK as they were on Aho :laugh: I hope this ridiculous offer sheet blows up right in their face.

Paying KK 6m a year LOL. MB better not even consider matching this shit.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Most likely to end up first in the Metro - The Canes.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The player to do this troll move on would be someone actually good like Suzuki or Caufield. Someone that MB would not even consider letting go. I guess they thought the Habs were as high on KK as they were on Aho :laugh: I hope this ridiculous offer sheet blows up right in their face.

I'm have never been overly impressed by KKs play. Nothing against him. Not his doing that he was drafted to high. Everyone except Timmons and Bozo-vin knew the player to take was Tkachuck.
Having said that I would still rather have KK at 6 for one year than LOLzner at 5 for multiple years. Most teams sign and carry one or two bad contracts. Canes gamble on KK and stick it to the clown in the red suit at the same time.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
46 and 38 (in 68 games) last 2 seasons in the Metro. I would not worry too much. Good team.
There were not going to beat Tampa last year. But anyone who watched that series knows the Canes are one heck of a good team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

This is the team that let go of their #1 dman by offering him the same money they just signed KK to.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Bergie would just match it for guys like that.
One year deal. Kk is worth 3 mill. So they are paying 3 million dollar guy 6 mill. Kk will be over paid by three million. No big deal. If he surprises and turns into the player Bergevin thought he was when he drafted him over Tkacuck. Canes will be laughing . If not....KK ain't the only player over paid by a few mill. Every team has atleast one.
Leafs have several. Ha !

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Bergie would just match it for guys like that.
One year deal. Kk is worth 3 mill. So they are paying 3 million dollar guy 6 mill. Kk will be over paid by three million. No big deal. If he surprises and turns into the player Bergevin thought he was when he drafted him over Tkacuck. Canes will be laughing . If not....KK ain't the only player over paid by a few mill. Every team has atleast one.
Leafs have several. Ha !

Yeah I'd rather hedge my bets that KK turns into a 6M player than a likely late 1st round does.

Overpaying KK by 3M this year is not such a big deal. But it may be next year when we have to re-sign Suzuki and KK still is a 3M player. I believe KK may get to the next level, but I have no idea when. I really think it could take him until he's 25. Paying a 3M guy 6M for 4 seasons in a row really hurts.

The best case scenario is find a trade partner to take the picks in a package for a replacement for KK and let Carolina deal with KK at 6M. But a replacement has to be a real good one (like Eichel or Zibenejad) and the deal has to be in place over the next 7 days. Otherwise, you match.

Reactions: PaulD

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
i agree

when KK was drafted i never saw the hype in him,

i was never expecting anything more than a third liner,

not sure what others were thinking, or seeing
Would he become a solid 2nd liner or just a 3rd liner, I don't know, the sample was too thin, too early to know. He is young and unexperimented. First mistake was playing him at the age of 18. It's normal his ice-time was cut sometime and normal he's been sendt back to A.

All this saga is a bad to the Habs organisation, it's sad. Bergevin have some blame, he should have sign him a decent price before the Canes came with that unrealistic offer. But it's too late, MB have to work on a solution.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This is the team that let go of their #1 dman by offering him the same money they just signed KK to.
I give up understanding what's this team is thinking. I'm not worry about them, with or without Hamilton they are a good team. And with or without KK, they are still a good team. This is the revenge of the owner, it's totally illogical to quote Mr Spock.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad