Speculation: POLL: Would you match the offer sheet on KK ?

Would you match the offer sheet ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Basically, he has 3 RFA years left after next year. If he has another meh season, good luck trying to bridge him for 2 years cause then his agent uses that arbitration leverage. So it would likely be a forced long term deal at $4M+ or let him walk for nothing.

Canes played the revenge card well but if we don't match, it could back fire on them. I feel there are risks to both sides. I'd take the picks
This isn't JUST about "revenge", though the Canes are having fun with this.

This is about an aggressive Carolina team with balls to make a move that has a chance to give them a young top-2 center for many years, while some Scared Sheetless Habs fans want to cry because ONE player is paid more than what was in their plan. The roster is not perfect, so "Tank", they say!

Fact is, every team has better contracts (Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield) and worse contracts (Price, Gallagher, KK). Mature GMs deal with the cap, but ice the best team they can.

Reactions: 417

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Bergevin has become be the face of the franchise. Much like Burke was in Toronto. He likes the drama and the camera.
Of course ; all this offer sheet is bullshit. Bergevin just called his friend- owner of the Canes - and asked him to offer sheet KK just to add drama and to put him in front of the show. Now i understand ! Thanks a lot for your brilliant analyze of the man :loony::loony::loony:

Reactions: Locks

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Or that we lost faith in Kotkaniemi. And we can agree that the prospects we let go never amount to anything since the last 10 years.
Di
Glad the Canes got this out of their system before the Suzuki and Caufield contracts were due.
Didn't lose THAT much faith if the club turned down, as reported, trades that gave us more than the compensation here.

As for out of their system, maybe, but all the other clubs will know that the Habs will give up on their players if Bergevin doesn't have the balls to stick up for his club this time.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Of course ; all this offer sheet is bullshit. Bergevin just called his friend- owner of the Canes - and asked him to offer sheet KK just to add drama and to put him in front of the show. Now i understand ! Thanks a lot for your brilliant analyze of the man :loony::loony::loony:
My post clearly states he does not shy away from it. That he in fact likes it.
No where did I say he initiated it.
Try reading slower.
Cheers

Don Keedix

Jul 9, 2021
Or that we lost faith in Kotkaniemi. And we can agree that the prospects we let go never amount to anything since the last 10 years.
They never lost faith in KK. They never had it to begin with. His first season he had good advanced stats/metrics, but died off a little at the end of the season, was rewarded his second season with the only Hab that made Danault look like Ovechkin in Weal, and despite being the best center during stretches of last season was given 14 minutes a night, while he got to sit on the bench and watch Danault, who was easily the worst center during those stretches, open OT and rack up those losses. If KK is was only born in different place, but hey you have to play Davide Jr...

That being said what a great OS that the Canes came up. This is what an OS should look like. This is a complete lose-lose for the Habs. Draft picks are worthless here because they can't develop them and if you match the OS, you have to worry about the Canes or someone else coming for Suzuki next year. This debacle is all on Bozovin. If he had submitted a proper OS for Aho, KK's OS would be easier to swallow and letting him go wouldn't even be an issue.

Jul 6, 2016
Di

Didn't lose THAT much faith if the club turned down, as reported, trades that gave us more than the compensation here.

As for out of their system, maybe, but all the other clubs will know that the Habs will give up on their players if Bergevin doesn't have the balls to stick up for his club this time.

We cannot judge because we don't know what was Canes offer. Maybe it was worse than a 1st and 3rd rounders.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Carolina itself was turned down on a trade offer. That has been widely reported.

You stated they turned down offers greater than then 1&3 which was clearly BS. You, like I and everyone else’s dont know what those offer were. You made that shit up

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You stated they turned down offers greater than then 1&3 which was clearly BS. You, like I and everyone else’s dont know what those offer were. You made that shit up
Think, man. Let's say you offered a second and third and it was turned down. Then next you would offer and 1st and 3rd without the big contract. If you offer the big contract, you have to be giving less in picks.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
My post clearly states he does not shy away from it. That he in fact likes it.
No where did I say he initiated it.
Try reading slower.
Cheers
Of course he didn't initiate, i was just ironic about what you said ; "He likes the drama and the camera."
I am sure that Bergevin would have passed on all that shitty KK's drama and on the questions he will need to answer eventually .

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Think, man. Let's say you offered a second and third and it was turned down. Then next you would offer and 1st and 3rd without the big contract. If you offer the big contract, you have to be giving less in picks.

lol - you made it up and have no clue what the offer was, total bullshit.

Reactions: flying v 604

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Or you are so sure that Habs will match that you offer sheet the player. The let go their young promising goalie , because they didn't get the money to sign him, then they put that offer sheet to KK, even if they have plenty good centres in the team. Something doesn't work there

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
lol - you made it up and have no clue what the offer was, total bullshit.
The Canes reporters broke the story that the Canes tried to trade for KK first. Why would they offer the 1st and 3rd plus a $6.1M contract to KK if they could offer a 1st and 3rd tol the Habs who have every legal right to trade him? Then they coyuld haqve signed him for a lower salary.

Clearly they did this to force Montreal's hand.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Or you are so sure that Habs will match that you offer sheet the player. The let go their young promising goalie , because they didn't get the money to sign him, then they put that offer sheet to KK, even if they have plenty good centres in the team. Something doesn't work there
The Canes are betting KK being a top-6 player and it is not easy to find young top-6 centres on the trade market. Heck MB spent 8 years telling us that.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The Canes reporters broke the story that the Canes tried to trade for KK first. Why would they offer the 1st and 3rd plus a $6.1M contract to KK if they could offer a 1st and 3rd tol the Habs who have every legal right to trade him? Then they coyuld haqve signed him for a lower salary.

Clearly they did this to force Montreal's hand.

lol - once again BS. Show me one article that states they offered more than a 1st and a 3rd. You made that shit up!

Show me one article!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This isn't JUST about "revenge", though the Canes are having fun with this.

This is about an aggressive Carolina team with balls to make a move that has a chance to give them a young top-2 center for many years, while some Scared Sheetless Habs fans want to cry because ONE player is paid more than what was in their plan. The roster is not perfect, so "Tank", they say!

Fact is, every team has better contracts (Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield) and worse contracts (Price, Gallagher, KK). Mature GMs deal with the cap, but ice the best team they can.
Been saying this for awhile..you’ll find good contracts and bad ones on every team, obviously you want to minimize the bad ones but it’s not the death sentence many fans/media make it seem.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Of course he didn't initiate, i was just ironic about what you said ; "He likes the drama and the camera."
I am sure that Bergevin would have passed on all that shitty KK's drama and on the questions he will need to answer eventually .
Nothing gets by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad