Poll: Kirby Dach or Dylan Cozens

Who is the better prospect?

• Total voters

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Right now I still choose Cozens, but Dach has been looking super dominant this year and has been making a case to go top three.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I switched my vote to Cozens. It's close but I'd have Cozens. Better goal scorer and skater. Lower bust potential as well imo.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I switched my vote to Cozens. It's close but I'd have Cozens. Better goal scorer and skater. Lower bust potential as well imo.
I agree. I'd still love to have Dach, but Cozens seems like too great a fit for the Oilers. Right shot, can really fire it, and a great skater.

Seems like a Mark Schiefele clone to me.

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I agree. I'd still love to have Dach, but Cozens seems like too great a fit for the Oilers. Right shot, can really fire it, and a great skater.

Seems like a Mark Schiefele clone to me.
Exactly

Mark Scheifele v2 imo

We could use one of those on the 2nd line and on the pp opposite of Connor

Edit: also, his last name has got to be the coolest way to spell "Cousins". Extra points for that

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Same.

As much as I'd love to have the hometown kid on the Oil, it just seems like there is huge bust potential here with Dach. Maybe he's one of those guys that get by in junior just by being bigger and stronger than opponents.

Gets a ton of space to work with in juniors that he won't in the pros, I'd be very weary of my team took this player in top 10. He's a JVR type winger in the pros, IMO.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'll take speed and the shot over playmaking and size. Cozens.

I'm hoping the Wings get him.
I'd take Byram if I was the wings. He's gonna be a special dman and you guys could use one of those.

Roman Josi is what I see there. Huge upside with that kid.

And then you'll leave Cozens for the Oilers ;)

Reactions: Meeqs

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Cozens.
Dach is a throwback to the slow skating Getzlaf style Centers that aren't made for 3 on 3 OT.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd take Byram if I was the wings. He's gonna be a special dman and you guys could use one of those.

Roman Josi is what I see there. Huge upside with that kid.

And then you'll leave Cozens for the Oilers ;)
Wings need good Forwards too. They need another great center to add to Larkin.
I see alot of good Dmen available in the late 1st round & early 2nd round, they could draft one with another pick.

For the Oilers i'd take a Winger like Boldy to put next to McDavid or Draisaitl.
Perhaps acquire another 1st & take Kaliyev too

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah... 3 on 3 OT wins you Stanley Cups... oh wait !
Getting less points in regular season due to bad 3 on 3 play will effect the seeding in the playoffs & hurt chances at a cup based on match ups, like if they meet a team in the first round thats riding a hot streak.
For example the years the Ducks faced Nashville in the 1st round, it was a guarenteed loss cause we just do not match up well against them & historicly have given us problems. Had we avoided Nashville & someone else beat them for us, we could have make it to the finals again.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Dach started this year on fire it, but has slowed down big time. Voted Dach originally, but Cozen’s seems like the safer bet at this point. Dach with the higher ceiling though.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I still think Dach is a better 'prospect'. Cozens may be having a bit better season, but I think Dach's got a bit more upside.

Is Cozens for sure a center in the NHL? Stylistically I could see him as a Winger. He also seems like he plays more of an individual game than Dach.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I've switched from Dach to Cozens recently because I think he has lower bust potential while having similar (1c) upside and better skating.

elitebottomsix

Feb 19, 2016
Cozens looks like a Malkin/monahan power center at his ceiling so how do you pass on that? I feel dach could end up a winger which hurts his ceiling for me( I see cozens as a future center). Who knows how they develop going forward but cozen has the ceiling for me right now so I’ll go with him.

That doesn’t mean I have Dach far behind as he is in my top five too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad