Poll: Kirby Dach or Dylan Cozens

Who is the better prospect?

• Total voters

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kirby Dach is a very overrated prospect and picking him would be a risk that I would stay away from. He has a few standout attributes that could make him dominant if he develops properly, but he really is not a well rounded player. Dach has good size, vision and IQ, but that really is it. His skating is very concerning, drafting such a poor skater in the top 10 or even top 15 would be out of the question for me. His shooting is not great either, at the moment, and his numbers are very underwhelming in a very poor league.

Cozens is also overrated though, he really is not a smart player and lacks high level hockey IQ, although the rest of his game is a lot better than with Dach. None of them should even be considered before 10 in my opinion.

Hes not a burner like the other centers ranked this high but his skating isnt very concerning. He can move for a big guy, his skating reminds me a lot of Mantha who might not have the best acceleration but when he gets moving hes got a really good top gear.

Also, going 11 points over a point a game and leading your team in points per game as a draft eligible is not underwhelming numbers at all. Poor league? Are you trolling, I cant tell

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Hes not a burner like the other centers ranked this high but his skating isnt very concerning. He can move for a big guy, his skating reminds me a lot of Mantha who might not have the best acceleration but when he gets moving hes got a really good top gear.

Also, going 11 points over a point a game and leading your team in points per game as a draft eligible is not underwhelming numbers at all. Poor league? Are you trolling, I cant tell

Dachs acceleration might be the worst I have seen in many years by a top 10 prospect, and with such poor acceleration and edge work he will not get many opportunities to reach top speed in the NHL. The rest of his game besides size and vision is not special at all either.

The WHL is by far the worst in the CHL. and scoring 10-15 points in the KHL or SHL, the second and third best leagues in the world is a million times more impressive, yet Dach is ranked ahead of prospects who have done that.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
His skating is perfectly fine, and he has a great shot...

His shot is hard but inaccurate, and he only scored 25 goals against horrible competition. His acceleration and edge work are the worst by a supposed top 10 pick in many years.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have done a horrible job of following this years prospects...work... which of the two is a better fit for Edmonton?

Cozens. Dach is too much in the Draisaitl mold. I think you could put Cozens on that LW with McDavid and get Jeff Carter production. But I think Dach is a slightly better prospect, so if you ignore team needs, Dach should be picked before Cozens, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00