Poll: Kirby Dach or Dylan Cozens

Who is the better prospect?

• Total voters

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Kakko much superior imo. If he drops and the habs dont trade for another first or trade up I'm gonna lose it...

Reactions: Lemonlimey

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Dach for me, I find his potential easier to project based on his elite playmaking ability.

Cozens has a lot of tools, but he’s harder to project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey and Lays

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah I'm very certain as long as both Cozens and Dach have strong years they are going ahead of Kakko

How many first line right shooting C's are there in the league?

Reactions: BondraTime

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
In terms of style and body, Dach is like Getzlaf. Big RH center who can absolutely thread the needle. Rocket of a shot like Getzlaf while both prefer to pass first instead of shoot first. Cozens is like Ryan Johansen. Another big RH center. Can get up and down the ice but is more of a goal scorer. 22 goals for Cozens vs 7 for Dach in the Western league.

Again those were only style comps if anything. They're neck and neck in my mind right now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anyone who has Cozens outside the top 3 at this point is underrating him

I haven't seen this many people sleeping on Cozens since my last visit to Mississippi
Tough for him to squeeze in the top 3 with Hughes and Honka at #1 and #2 and a ton of other talent competing for the #3 spot.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I'm very certain as long as both Cozens and Dach have strong years they are going ahead of Kakko

How many first line right shooting C's are there in the league?

This.

Especially with their size and 200 foot games at this age, I've been way more impressed with Cozens and Dach than I have Kakko. Although, I've watched Cozens and Dach significantly more being western Canadian boys.

Big, right shot, skilled centres = through the roof value.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Cozens is more of a shooter and Dach is more of a playmaker. I think Krebs gets underrated because he doesn't have the size of the other two. Couple these guys with Turcotte and you have a crazy good group of CS.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anyone who has Cozens outside the top 3 at this point is underrating him

I haven't seen this many people sleeping on Cozens since my last visit to Mississippi
Yep, hes my solid 3 right now with no one really close.

Hughes
-
Turcotte
Cozens
-
Kakko
Krebs
Newhook

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Hughes is a center.

This is how I'd rank the centers that are currently first round on my list.

Turcotte
Cozens

Newhook
Krebs
Zegras
Dach

Suzuki
Nikkanen

Farinacci

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Is Lavoie not a center?
He seems to get underrated quite a bit on here.

He had a massive boost in stock after last season and made many peoples top 10 and top 15. A lot of guys are riding Hlinka hype right now. It will even out as the season goes on as long as he has a good season. He played a decent amount on the wing last season though. So we'll see where he gets his starts this year. He may project as more of a winger.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Who is a better skater? Better 2-way player?
Skating they're close with Cozens a slight edge in first steps while Dach's top end speed is a little better. Cozens 2 way game is a little better but Dach can be relied upon on the pk too. Shots are pretty close too. The big edge for Dach is his playmaking ability as he has eyes in the back of his head. Both are top line guys but Dach is a little more dynamic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad