Pointing the finger at Bergevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I'd like to see a roster with more punch before burying MT. I mean, DLR, DSP, Mitchell, Flynn, Prust. That's 5 players with virtually zero offensive ability. Add in Eller, Weise, Parenteau, Desharnais who manage a goal every 8-10 games at best, and that's not a whole lot of offensive production.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
"Hey guys ! We can't score goals? No problem I got us a defenseman lol !"
-Marc Bergevin

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Well, the defence is stabilized but we can t score goals!!!

And that's what happens when you get way too many grinders. Our top 5 is underproducing, but below it it's grinder festival.
Beside Weise and Eller who have limited but still existing offensive abilities, the rest of the bunch couldn't score to save their lives.

But hey, they hit and play well defensively, so we're fine aren't we?

Add in PAP who does sweet nothing and little Davey who can't conceive that a puck is something you can shoot, you get what we have, which is about 1 goal/game.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
He is a healthy scratch more often then not.

Sekac worked his ass off, ALWAYS skated hard, forechecked like crazy, even threw his body around because he was a little overzealous at times. Whenever he was on the ice with the Habs, he always did good things and generated good chances even if they didn't always turn to goals. He had a small slump, MT bounced him around the lineup... then he got traded.

Right now, I would PAY just to see a half decent scoring chance from any of our forwards that isn't a 4th line plug. I bet you if Sekac was in our lineup he wouldn't be in the same conversation as Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Plekanec in these playoffs.

Anaheim is a Cup contender, and have some of the best depth in the league. For them to throw a rookie into the mix and change things up when their window to win the Cup is now would be dumb. He's still an asset in Anaheim and he will have his time when they are ready for him.

DSP has been hot garbage. He skates almost as bad as Latendresse. He throws late useless hits. I think he's legimitaly generated one or 2 scoring chances in all his games as a Hab. He shouldn't even be in the NHL, but on the Montreal Canadiens he gets to play on the 1st line sometimes. Absolutely mind blowing.

This is the type of player and development our staff prefers. We're going to be losers with this kind of mindset.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Trade Gilbert,Parenteau,Desharnais,Emelin for very low picks. Don't resign any 4th or 3rd liners(use guys like thomas to fill up our bottom lines). Resign everyone important especially Petry. Trade prospects for JVR and either trade 1st+ something with small value for Vrbata or sign Justin Williams as a free agent. Fire Therrien, hire Babcock. Win cup.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Trade Gilbert,Parenteau,Desharnais,Emelin for very low picks. Don't resign any 4th or 3rd liners(use guys like thomas to fill up our bottom lines). Resign everyone important especially Petry. Trade prospects for JVR and either trade 1st+ something with small value for Vrbata or sign Justin Williams as a free agent. Fire Therrien, hire Babcock. Win cup.

#1 Toronto likes JVR, they aren't trading him for prospects.

#2 If we're selling away our depth and not replacing it, why would Babcock come?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
#1 Toronto likes JVR, they aren't trading him for prospects.

#2 If we're selling away our depth and not replacing it, why would Babcock come?
#1 another good and young left winger can be found
#2 Thomas,Andrighetto,Borunival,McCaron can replace any depths on our bottom lines. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out a good line up, unfortunately Therrien can't make one and stick with it. Therrien ruins people's potential. Babcock doesn't. Certainly get depth but at the trade deadline.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
This is definitely the off-season the Canadiens need to pry a big time forward out of somewhere. Whether it's a blockbuster to get the Staals out of Carolina or poaching an RFA away from a team, they need to add skill to the lineup.

I consider it unlikely to happen, but I would absolutely LOVE to see Mikkel Boedker in Montreal.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
#1 another good and young left winger can be found
#2 Thomas,Andrighetto,Borunival,McCaron can replace any depths on our bottom lines. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out a good line up, unfortunately Therrien can't make one and stick with it. Therrien ruins people's potential. Babcock doesn't. Certainly get depth but at the trade deadline.
Bournival? Thomas? Andrighetto?
This is your answer to making our lineup better...LOL
Looks like the genius bus drove right by without picking you up. Therrien ruins players potential? Name me one player that Therrien RUINED! If you can't give credit to Therrien when Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Gallagher excel, then you can't blame him for players regressing. And please don't use Eller as an excuse, last time Eller ever scored more than 20 goals was when he was 16, since, his highest total was 18 goals...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The team was in desperate need of a top four dman to stabilize the second pair.

I think that he made a great deal with Petry. Awesome d-man. But if he leaves, and we finish our trip in the 2nd round, I don't see how the end-result will also be great. There's so much you can do if you want to retain a guy that doesn't want to stay....but it better be that if he leaves. But people shouldn't hold against him the acquisition of Petry because we needed forwards. We also needed Petry but we most definately need Petry for the longer run. Markov doesn't look like he'll improve from now on....

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Unless Bergevin is prepared to fire Therien, by say next Friday(I assume we'll be done by Thursday), then our ONLY recourse is to fire Bergevin..

Seriously, both can be fired for cause.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Unless Bergevin is prepared to fire Therien, by say next Friday(I assume we'll be done by Thursday), then our ONLY recourse is to fire Bergevin..

Seriously, both can be fired for cause.

Nobody will be fired. And even more, in the post-season press conference, the extensions will be announced. People are up for some serious dissapointment......And on top of that, they will hold the press conference 1 day after elimination so that the idea is to say to each question "Too early to tell, we've just been eliminated..." And you'll hear "Transition", and you'll hear our kids are progressing....

I'll tell you if people think that that our elimination will frustrate them...they have seen and heard NOTHING yet.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Nobody will be fired. And even more, in the post-season press conference, the extensions will be announced. People are up for some serious dissapointment......And on top of that, they will hold the press conference 1 day after elimination so that the idea is to say to each question "Too early to tell, we've just been eliminated..." And you'll hear "Transition", and you'll hear our kids are progressing....

I'll tell you if people think that that our elimination will frustrate them...they have seen and heard NOTHING yet.

Yep.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007

Like I said, if that's the case, then Bergevin needs to go.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Well, you never make big decisions based on emotion, therefore there will be no firings, you should know this Whitesnake
Second, they don't have press conferences the day after an elimination game, if you've been watching hockey for more than 2yrs, you'd know this, you should know this Whitesnake.
Kids are progressing??...sure, what's wrong with that, whatcha want to hear, kids are regressing?
We all know what the problem is, it's scoring, top end talent in the top 6, Bergevin knows this and I'm convinced it will be rectified, I sense a big trade in the off season. If we're still in the same predicament in a year from now, as in lack of scoring, if he does nothing to improve the teams offence, and I mean legit top 6, I'll get on the Bergevin bashwagon

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We all know what's actually going to happen is Timmins is going to be fired because of Therrien's usage of Galchenyuk.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The bare minimum for Bergevin this off season is to fire the power play coach (Dan Lacroix), fire the Hamilton coach (Sylvain Lefebvre), and to either sign Petry or get someone else.

Aside from that, there are a lot of contracts this summer, and Bergevin will have to get good deals.

Unfortunately, each of Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Pateryn, Tinordi can expect a two year deal, suggesting a few significant raises a few years down the line.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I really hope that MB is taking note of the team's lack of talent in offence and will try to remedy this in summer or next year.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I have full confidence in MB. I think he is one of the best GMs in the league and we are lucky to have him.

It was never his plan to be able to win this year. There was nothing at the deadline worth giving up assets for. Next year, however I expect big things. I expect big things this off season. Well, big things as in signing the guy that need to be signed and adding that one missing piece on offense. The rest can come from Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad